Young Writers Society

Holy's "doodle a day" spot

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:43 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Thanks @Nightcrawler! c:

I'M BACK. And what have I brought with me?

Spoiler! :
COLOURS Image

Anyway, here's some pictures that I've been meaning to post. I missed a couple days (possibly more, but I thought it was just a couple days...)

^^ This is unfinished obviously, but I'm really excited about finishing it. C:

YAY more attempts at portraits. Is that a bit more how you meant, @Aley? I felt like it looked less cartoon-y than the last one personally, but there's still a heck of a lot of room for improvement- notice I'm not posting the image I drew it off of? :P

Another unfinished one.

More unfinishedness.

Super-duper doodleness.

This one I like but if you have a moment to tell me how you interpret this, that would be really great; people keep seeing it differently than I intended which I both love and hate. XP

So I got a whole bunch of super awesome colourful sharpies as previously we noted, so what do I do with my new found freedom?

Spoiler! :

*head desks*

There was another picture I did with the sharpies that actually had colour, but I forgot about it until now so I'll have to show you later 'cause I'm too lazy right now.
100% autistic

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Mar 27, 2016 3:52 am
View Likes
Aley says...

The hair looks a loooot better on that Holy.

If you want to fix the eyes stop thinking about them like eyes and draw what you SEE not what you know. It looks like you have the slant wrong on one of them, or one of them is too far up or down. Overall, it looks like you miiight've wanted to make the lips/nose/eyes a little bit bigger too. Just measure, a lot. Use your pencil as a guide to find out what the angles should be, what lines up with what, and stuff like that.

You're doing sooo good with it!! I really think you've got a knack at shading. The more you push, the better it's going to get.

494 Reviews

Sun Mar 27, 2016 4:00 am
Holysocks says...

Thanks @Aley! I'll start doing more measuring and all that. C:
100% autistic

806 Reviews

Supporter

15 Reviews

Reviews: 15
Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:41 am
BookOholic22 says...

@Holysocks
These pictures are so beautifull!!
Living with hope. Dreams do come true! :D

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Mar 27, 2016 11:15 am
TZH says...

nice pictures !
TZH :-)

806 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:54 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Where art thine art?

494 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:02 pm
Holysocks says...

Soon, @Aley, soon! C:
100% autistic

Random avatar

Reviews: 139
Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:06 pm
deleted21 says...

Completely brilliant! *___*

494 Reviews

Fri Nov 25, 2016 4:08 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

*hops back into the world of art*

I've actually been doing art, just haven't been sharing. Oops.

This is horrible and it's called murder and blasphemy and it's okay to cry. Yes, this may be very offensive to writers (please don't hurt me).
Spoiler! :

A tree c:
Spoiler! :

I'm not sure what this is called... maybe an image transfer..? Anyway, it's really cool. Basically you stick packing tape over an image in a magazine that you like, then cut out the image, then put it in a bowl of warm water and soak it for a few seconds, minutes until you can rub the paper off the back, then rub the paper off the back- you kinda gotta put your back bone into it. But it's so so worth it. You then are left with basically the ink on the tape, and it creates what you see below! So you can glue it onto stuff.
Spoiler! :

This is my paper man! I think my favourite part is his belt. And he has a home in my book. The book I murdered. ;-;
Spoiler! :

Sorry for the bad quality/blurriness! This was just me having fun. One of them isn't quite right yet.
Spoiler! :

I JUST did this yesterday, and I love it. I didn't think I would like working with any sort of clay at all, but I LOVE IT. It needs to be painted. And I pierced the ears so I could put ear rings in!
Spoiler! :

And that's all I have to share right now. But here's a picture I took while I was in San Francisco!
Spoiler! :
100% autistic

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Fri Nov 25, 2016 2:32 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Wow, I adore the seal and the clay face! :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

494 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2018 1:24 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

GAH I had to dig WAY too far down to find this old thread! Time to dust this baby off!

I normally do traditional art, because I like to be able to manipulate the mediums every way possible in person- I always feel so helpless with digital art because I can't touch it and smudge it and stuff. BUT I was doing some doodling today on my dad's drawing tablet anddddd I kinda want to learn more about it! And here's a character that I'd like to make into more of a character because CARTOONS. And the reference skull isn't my photograph- it was from a craigslist add, I liked the skull because it's like the cutest, coolest, skull ever and I wanted to use it for something like this, so I stashed it!

(let's hope this works)

Spoiler! :
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Fri Mar 09, 2018 5:19 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

Well... considering I only decided this afternoon that I wanted to learn how to do digital art... not too shabby! 'm pretty proud of myself, even if the proportions are messed up and it's not perfect, it's still the best thing that I've ever created digitally!

Spoiler! :
100% autistic

494 Reviews

Sun May 13, 2018 6:46 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

I drew a bug! It was harassing my mum and I as we sat outside on the bench swing. Well, not really harassing BUT it landed on the bottom of my mum's foot and when she finally managed to shake it off... it VANISHED. O>O And she convinced me that it had actually just been a blade of grass and that I'd been seeing things XP BUT THEN it landed on the bottom of MY foot! And when I finally managed to shake it off it vanished again. So. Anyway. This is what I thought this bug MAY have looked like.

Spoiler! :

100% autistic

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Mon May 14, 2018 11:00 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Your stippling technique lends so much to your unique style! I love the cute little skull creature :3
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.
— Mark Twain