z

Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 03, 2016 10:52 am
BornLoser says...

OMG these are all so amazing :'D I really want one, if you don't mind? XD

Hey Mad! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to get a hold of an astonishing book cover~
[Title] Aftermath

[Genre] Mainly kind of post-apocalyptic? I think? XD I've put it as fanfiction and action/adventure for the story, but it's more of a post-apocalyptic action/adventure story :3

[synopsis of your novel] Jaylin MacKenzie is an Indian-Scottish girl who moves to America with her family and starts to attend Oakland High School. Not long after starting her first day, a mysterious and deadly tornado tears through the school. She awakes being held under a piece of debris, with the aftermath of the tornado surrounding her. After a familiar face rescues her, they then embark on a mission to find their friends, only to find they are up against something big. (It's basically zombies, but it was caused from a tornado that the government caused to reduce the population of California. A virus that was in the tornado infected those who died, so that those who were still alive would be killed by the zombie people to make sure the population was reduced completely. I still haven't quite figured out how this will all work out in the telling of the story, as i'm only three chapters in so far, but I'll figure it out along the way XD)

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] Born Loser

[Any ideas/pictures/colours you have in mind] umm... just any kind of post-apocalyptic scene really XD I'll love it no matter what!

[Deadline] Don't have one so it's all good XD

Just whenever you can do it! No rush! If you can't then it's absolutely fine! ^3^ and thank you in advance!

Huggles from BornLoser :3
"... And we were born to lose" - My Chemical Romance

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Thu Mar 03, 2016 1:25 pm
RubyRed says...

I like the second one best but I kind of want it to be more modern.
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:38 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@Keepwriting
I totally understand. I'll look again later today.

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:14 pm
RubyRed says...

Thank you!
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Fri Mar 04, 2016 6:08 pm
bluewaterlily says...

Hi, Mad. It's me again. You book covers continue to get more amazing, and I really did like the book cover you made for me but I feel like it doesn't exactly fit with my story so I was wondering if it'd be possible to get a new cover.

Title: To Love or Not to Love

Genre: Romance/YA

Synopsis: Melody Grey moves in with her uncle, Jack Duquaine, two years after her parents were killed in a car crash. She moves to the small but ritzy town of Verona where her uncle is a business tycoon ensnared in a century-old business dispute with one of Verona's wealthiest families: the Van Holdens. On her first day at Verona High, Melody collides with Eric Van Holden, star-quarterback, most popular boy. He immediately takes up the challenge of winning over a jaded girl. They both find themselves being cast as Romeo and Juliet in the school's production, and Fate inevitably draws them closer to each other. Eric is the first person to penetrate Melody's defenses in two years, and Melody finds herself playing the part of Juliet in more ways than one once she realizes Eric is the son of her family's business rivals. She must choose between fragile loyalty to her family or a star-crossed love burning as brightly and fiercely as a supernova. Melody is determined to protect this love at all costs, but will Eric feel the same when outside forces such as jealous paramours and family secrets threaten to tear them apart? Will their love transcend an ancient family feud, or has Fate already inscribed their destiny in the stars?

So I really want to play on the idea of star-crossed lovers. Would it be possible to have a book cover with a couple star gazing or holding hands or kissing. Basically, I want a couple and a starry sky background. And For the title, could you please use a calligraphy or cursive style font? Thanks!
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

277 Reviews

Sat Mar 05, 2016 4:18 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey! To everyone who asked for a book cover sorry for the wait and also sorry that you are going to have to wait more. I really want to get some of my writing done which makes it hard to find time to make book covers. I'll be finished with my chapter probably today or tomorrow, after that I'll work on y'alls book covers. Thanks for waiting :D

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Mar 05, 2016 9:21 pm
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

@MadWriter7 Don't worry about us! We'll be perfectly find waiting a little longer haha. You enjoy your writing, we all understand. :>
Good luck on your chapter! :D
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 9:54 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

Sorry everyone on the wait. I really am. Not only did writing my chapter take forever but I had sudden family issues too

@Storygirl95 Here's your cover
Attachments
rsz_ascent_2.jpg

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:04 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@BornLoser

Sorry for the wait. Is this good?
Attachments
rsz_aftermath.jpg

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:16 pm
View Likes
Charm says...

@bluewaterlily

Here. Sorry for the wait. Is this good?
Attachments
rsz_bluewaterlily.jpg

42 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 10:37 pm
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

It's beautiful! :D :D :D
I never envisioned something like this, but it's actually so great! Something about it just screams ADORABLENESS and sweetenes and great stuff all around. And it is a funny book, but there's some serious stuff too, so I LOVE how this touches on it too! It's like he's comforting her, but also like they're having a cute little moment. That's totally what they would be like sitting together too!
I know I fangirled over your last covers as well, so don't think I'm a lunatic or anything haha. You're just really, really talented. So thannnnkkkkk youuuuu.

And don't worry about it, please! Life has a tendency to get in the way of all of our time. I think everyone here understands. Whether it's book troubles or family troubles, trust me when I say we've been there in our own way. You shouldn't feel bad, you're providing people with lovely pieces and without asking anything in return. Besides, it was totally worth the wait! ^_^
Take this internet hug. \(^_^)/

P.S. Do you still have my email address? I'd love to get the original image. If not, let me know and I'll send another one. Thank you once again. :>
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:32 pm
Charm says...

I actually don't have your email anymore sorry :/ Also I'm really glad you like it!!!

42 Reviews

Wed Mar 09, 2016 11:35 pm
Storygirl95 says...

It's okay! I'll just email you a little hello message again. :)
And I'm glad you're glad haha.

277 Reviews

25 Reviews

Reviews: 25
Thu Mar 10, 2016 9:13 am
BornLoser says...

OMG @AliceAfternoon :O I LOVE IT :'D Thank you so very very much!!! Aaaaaaaaaaaaaah it's amazing :')
"... And we were born to lose" - My Chemical Romance

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something.
— Plato