z

Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:29 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hey! This thread is closed because I haven't had time to actually get to the book covers and because the program is not working. I have a lot of school work and other things going on in my life, so I feel very overwhelmed. I hope you all understand.
-Alice ♥

Hey!
My name is Rachel or Mad or Writer or whatever-you-want-to-call-me

Do you want a book cover?
If you answered yes to the previous question...
then fill out the form and wait in the comment section like a civilized person -_-

JK hahaahaha
(sorry I'm in a weird mood. Forgiveness!)

WARNING None of the artwork is mine or drawn by me. I find it on the webs and I edit it and do some more magic and voila! I know that I am able to use the artwork for creative purposes but I'm not sure about marketing purposes. This is not supposed to be the book cover for your published work.
Anyway here is the form:
Spoiler! :
Hey Mad! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to get a hold of an astonishing book cover~
[Title] this is important
[Genre] Please tell me this because sometimes it's unclear in your synopsis.
[synopsis of your novel] please give me this and if you don't have one get one because if you are serious about this novel you gonna need a synopsis!
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] this is important too
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind]
[Deadline] not really needed but if you have one...

Oh also! If you want the book cover to be perfectly clear and not blurry and nice, email me: MadWriter7@outlook.com I'll email you back the book cover in all it's glory.

Here are some examples of my book covers:
Attachments
rsz_the_note_chronicles_2.jpg
rsz_the_mist_1.jpg
rsz_a_collection_of_short_storiesby_maddie_s_3.jpg
Last edited by Charm on Thu Apr 14, 2016 1:35 am, edited 7 times in total.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:03 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Hi! I would adore getting a cover, if you have time. Thank you for making them for us.
Here's my/your form:
Hey Mad! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to get a hold of an astonishing book cover~
[Title] Of Parenting and Pigtails
[synopsis of your novel] It's actually a collection of short stories revolving around a mom, her husband Ben, and their daughter Izzy at various ages. Just simple little family life. ^_^
I feel really bad because I don't know how else to give you a synopsis. One of the stories shows Izzy waking up her parents, another where Ben has to dress up as a princess when the hired birthday party one doesn't show up, another is when Izzy is at her grandma's and the parents entertain themselves with Mario Kart and bet each other with chores as a currency. Sass and sometimes funny stuff happens.
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] Maddie S.
:D
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] I'm not really sure. Anything you want to do really. It'd be cute if it was like in or out of a family home, or anything to do with family activities like going to parks or playing games. I have no real preference. The mom is blonde, so is Izzy, and Ben has black hair if you need to know that.
[Deadline] I'm still writing it so I have no deadline at all.
Anyways! Let me know if you need anything else. Once again, thank you so much! :>
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:12 am
View Likes
Charm says...

I'm so excited to make this book cover! I'm thinking bright colors maybe cyan and hot pink and perhaps a little girl with pigtails and a dollhouse or something... Anyway, I'll have about three versions for you to pick from. I hope you like them! I should be done by tomorrow 10:00pm CST

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:25 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Okay! I'm so excited to see them! I'm sure they'll all be wonderful. :D
I'll wait patiently for your artistic spirit haha. :)
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:27 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Hahaha I actually might be done tonight xD I hit the jack-pot of inspiration xD

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:47 am
Storygirl95 says...

I love when I'm hit with inspiration. It's the best! :D :)

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:59 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Here you are!
Attachments
rsz_a_collection_of_short_storiesby_maddie_s_3.jpg
rsz_a_collection_of_short_storiesby_maddie_s_2.jpg
rsz_a_collection_of_short_storiesby_maddie_s_1.jpg
Last edited by Charm on Thu Feb 25, 2016 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:08 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

SQUEE. They're all so adorable! Ahhh, seriously, you have no idea how much I'm freaking out. I LOVE THEM!
You just made it so hard to pick which one I'll use when I'm done too, you mean person. :P
Thank you, thank you, thank you! Really, I mean it! They're perfect! <3

Sorry to sound like a crazy fan girl, I just love them so much! :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Could you email them to me? I don't mean to be a pain, but I can't decide which one I love the most. I'll send you an email so you know who to send them too, if you don't mind. :D

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:19 am
View Likes
Charm says...

Of course!~ I'm glad you like them!

42 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:26 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Thank you! :D
I got them, safe and sound.
You're awesome.

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:32 am
Charm says...

Thanks! I'm glad you like them! :D

108 Reviews

Reviews: 108
Thu Feb 25, 2016 4:56 am
bluewaterlily says...

Wow, your covers are amazing!
Title: To Love or Not To Love

Synopsis: Melody Grey moves in with her uncle, Jack Duquaine, two years after her parents were killed in a car crash. She moves to the small but ritzy town of Verona where her uncle is a business tycoon ensnared in a century-old business dispute with one of Verona's wealthiest families: the Van Holdens. On her first day at Verona High, Melody collides with Eric Van Holden, star-quarterback, most popular boy. He immediately takes up the challenge of winning over a jaded girl. They both find themselves being cast as Romeo and Juliet in the school's production, and Fate inevitably draws them closer to each other. Eric is the first person to penetrate Melody's defenses in two years, and Melody finds herself playing the part of Juliet in more ways than one once she realizes Eric is the son of her family's business rivals. She must choose between fragile loyalty to her family or a star-crossed love burning as brightly and fiercely as a supernova. Melody is determined to protect this love at all costs, but will Eric feel the same when outside forces such as jealous paramours and family secrets threaten to tear them apart? Will their love transcend an ancient family feud, or has Fate already inscribed their destiny in the stars?

Name: bluewaterlily and *coco

Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind: *coco and I talked about having a picture of a couple holding hands and on their wrists or forearms having their family names tattooed there. Van Holden would be on the boy's wrist/arm and Duquaine would be on the girl's. As for colors, I was think I would really like a contrast using the colors of red, black, and if possible, white. In case you haven't noticed, I love stars and it is such a symbolic element of our story and Shakespeare's writing, so in the spirit of Shakespeare (and love of stars), if you could somehow incorporate that into the cover, that would be awesome. Or I was also thinking maybe having a white and red rose somewhere in the cover. The famous rose, also another prominent symbol of Shakespeare and Romeo and Juliet. Whether you decide to go with stars or roses, I would really like to see a dichotomy. I've had this vision of dichotomy and contrast for a cover for our my story ever since seeing this image:

I was thinking maybe something based off of that image. Like a pair of hands holding in the center and then the roses, white and red on either side. I hope this isn't too specific or too much to ask for. Thanks!
"A poet is, before anything else, a person who is passionately in love with language." - W.H. Auden

6 Reviews

Reviews: 6
Thu Feb 25, 2016 12:12 pm
confusedstitch says...

ello mad! it me geek i would like to get a hold of an astonishing book cover please

title:scouting

synopsis:there are team of people that fight for a living they made up of a: leader, scout, heavy weapon person, sniper, pyro. the main character is a 13 year old boy who can bend lighting and is rather fast on his feet he trys out for a local team and finds out deep secrets about these contest and the deadly truth

joseph patrick roark/insanegeek/J.P.R

just my small image of it a teen with one hand raised and the lowered lighting striking his raised hand and a sword or pistol in his lowered hand but you are the artist so do what you want

thank you if you make it
sometime you have to go insane to outsane the sane

277 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 1:26 pm
Charm says...

I have a feeling this one is going to be hard since I don't draw them myself. I can't make it resemble the description you have given me but I'll try.

767 Reviews

Reviews: 767
Thu Feb 25, 2016 2:53 pm
SpiritedWolfe says...

Hey :3 I'm sure you've been told enough, but you're really talented with covers and banners and all kinds of graphic design ^^ If you don't mind, I'd like one myself.

[Title] ~ Syrin: Essential Fire
[synopsis of your novel] ~ Magic is banned. The only punishment is death. The main character -- of course -- practices it and it's basically his struggle of not getting caught and "rescuing" his girlfriend. What may be important to note is this kind of magic is in their blood and comes from the hands when used, not some wand or spell or something.
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] ~ SpiritedWolfe
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] ~ I'm not particularly picky about it. I'd love to see what you come up with, but blue and green are slightly important and it's kind of a dark novel? So maybe darker colors would work. Whatever you come up with, I'm happy with ^^

Thanks so much ~ I'm in no rush, so you can take your time.
[insert really cool and fun quote here]
Check out my novel shenanigans.
Or request a review from me.

[she/her]

I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve.
— Bilbo Baggins