z

Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:28 pm
Charm says...

@StupidSoup The artwork is not mine but yes I make them myself.

@Carlito I'm glad :)
Last edited by Charm on Thu Mar 03, 2016 2:26 am, edited 2 times in total.

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:34 pm
TheSilverFox says...

@MadWriter7: Yep, those look good. Nice job! I especially like the second one, as it reminds me of one of the scenes I've come up with for the novel, which is neat. Could I ask you to capitalize "are" and "the," as that's the way my novel title is capitalized? Regardless, I love these. Nicely done! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

396 Reviews

Reviews: 396
Wed Mar 02, 2016 2:49 pm
Pompadour says...

I love them! Thank you so much~ :D
How to format poetry on YWS

this sky where we live is no place to lose your wings

277 Reviews

Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:07 pm
Charm says...

@TheSilverFox Sure :) I'm glad you like them

@Pompadour I'm really glad you like them :D

277 Reviews

284 Reviews

Reviews: 284
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:33 pm
RubyRed says...

Hey, @MadWriter7 looks like so many people love your book covers so I'd like for you to make me one as well.

[Title] The Heart of a Warrior

[Genre] Fantasy

[synopsis of your novel] A battle between the protectors (warriors) and the darkness of the world.

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] H.R.W.

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] I'd like to have something that shows the main character (who is a female with long blonde hair) maybe a back shot of her carrying her sword.

[Deadline] Soon preferably :D Thanks!!!
You can't blame the writer for what the characters say.
— Truman Capote

Review link below!
Ruby's Reviews

Knight of the Green Room

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:36 pm
Steggy says...

These covers are so cool, I really want one.

[Title] Tales of Hayden

[Genre] Action/Adventure. Fantasy.

[synopsis of your novel] In Tales of Hayden, the main character (Hayden) is known as the "wisest grape of bundle". He goes around town, providing the small tales that his father gave him. After a while, Hayden gets really sick and tired of telling people what he knows, and leaves the town. Within a week of leaving, Hayden's father disappears. Nobody knows "exactly" what happens. Except one day Hayden receives a letter in the mail, providing some info about his father's disappearance.
Long story short, Hayden goes on an adventure trying to find his father.

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] A. H.

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] Something worn, something old. Just have fun with it, I suppose.

Thanks! :D
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

299 Reviews

Reviews: 299
Wed Mar 02, 2016 3:40 pm
TheSilverFox says...

k, thanks @MadWriter7! It looks fantastic! Great job! :D
S'io credesse che mia risposta fosse
a persona che mai tornasse al mondo,
questa fiamma staria senza piu scosse.
Ma per ciò che giammai di questo fondo
non tornò vivo alcun, s'i' odo il vero,
senza tema d'infamia ti rispondo.

Inferno, Canto 27, l 61-66.

277 Reviews

277 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:48 am
View Likes
Charm says...

@Steggy
Do you like these?
Attachments
rsz_hwyithar_5.jpg
rsz_hwyithar_6.jpg

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Mar 03, 2016 3:51 am
Steggy says...

Those are perfect! :D I love the second one.

Thanks <3
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 03, 2016 4:03 am
Storygirl95 says...

Am I allowed to ask for another one? Not for the same story, a different one I mean. :)
P.S. You can say no of course haha
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

277 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:17 am
Charm says...

@Storygirl95 of course! Many people have already xD I don't mind at all

277 Reviews

Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:18 am
Charm says...

@Steggy Yay! I'm glad you like them. Have a wonderful day :D

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Thu Mar 03, 2016 5:35 am
Storygirl95 says...

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS! You've just made me so happy! :D :D
Okay, okay. Stay calm. :P
Tada! :)

Hey Mad! Thanks for giving me this opportunity to get a hold of an astonishing book cover~
[Title] Ascent
[Genre] Romance/Comedy
[synopsis of your novel] (I gave you the long version to help you with it) Jenna's just a girl who wants to earn enough money for her Netflix subscription so she can finish watching that new episode of Med Team: Los Angeles. If she's not doing that, she's getting ice cream with her pain in the ass best friend or at home getting a practically radioactive computer glow tan. When she goes to the store to fuel her small (intervention status) coffee addiction, she comes across a scene of a predator stalking it's prey. Brendon is a shy quiet guy in way over his head when the cougar lady that is far too old to be wearing a shirt with that much skin showing decides she wants him. Faced with the decision to stay out of it or help the poor victim, she lets out her inner Mother Theresa and saves the day. Thus begins their romance. The couple embarks on a journey to discover just how deep their relationship can go. Along the way the two must face fears, loss, and their new feelings of love. The question is: Who's really saving who?
P.S. If you want to know, the book is set in Brooklyn, NY. The title comes from a crossword clue too, since I get asked that a lot. :P
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] Maddie S.
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] I don't have any real preference haha. I'm sorry. Nothing dark or depressing though, as it's a love story. :>
Also, the girl is blonde (I swear, I have other hair colors in my stories haha) and the guy has dark brown hair. They're in their mid-twenties. I would really prefer not having their faces out, because I like when people can choose in their head what the person looks like. But if you find something you like, there can be people on it. Just not with HERE'S THE FACE. :P
Ummmmm, it rains in some of the significant scenes, but that's not at all important to the cover if that clashes with what I said about the depressing thing haha.
None of what I told you has to be on the cover, I only wanted to give you more material to work with.
But you just do your thing, you beautiful human you. The last one you made was phenomenal. :D
[Deadline] Still don't have one. :)
THANKS AGAIN, I LOVE YOU.
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

“All stories are true," Skarpi said. "But this one really happened, if that's what you mean.”
— Patrick Rothfuss, The Name of the Wind