Young Writers Society

Alice's Book Covers! [CLOSED FOR MULTIPLE REASONS]

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Mon Mar 21, 2016 12:05 pm
Vervain says...

Yo, so I was wondering if you were still doing these, because I want to see what someone else can make of this novel I've been playing around with. If it's no trouble!

Spoiler! :
Title: Liar's Pawn

Genre: Fantasy.

Synopsis: The haunted executioner-mage Liora has been given a simple task: to eliminate all traces of a necromancer named Castor Nox. When she hunts him down, though, she finds not a despicable sorcerer but a quiet, trustworthy young man who offers to rid her of her ghosts—in return for a little favor. Not that she should mind; after all, haven't those other mages on the Isle been treating her so poorly for all that she does such a horrible job for them?

Pen name: Arany Toll

Ideas/pictures/colors: A couple of important things about Castor: He has a tattoo of an alchemical symbol on his left cheek (if you want to incorporate that, you can use whatever symbol you think looks neat/has a neat meaning), and his left hand is made of bones held together by magic. Liora is haunted by something called a shadow, an image of someone from her past, but the important part is the overall darkness. Basically, the whole thing should be darker, probably a little more ominous, and I do like the idea of having the symbol of fog, as I don't want anything to be exactly as it appears in this book. Also I really like fancier fonts so uh ^^ haha if I could request a script font or the like as long as it looks good.

And no deadline!
stay off the faerie paths

277 Reviews

Mon Mar 21, 2016 3:30 pm
Charm says...

Yeah, I'm still doing this. It'll take me longer this time because I don't have as much free time as I did before.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:05 pm
Carlito says...

I requested a cover for this novel over on page 5, but I just had a brain wave and I want to see what it would look like. So you don't have to go back and find the original post:
Spoiler! :

[Title]: Liz + Zac
[Genre]: Contemporary YA romance
[synopsis of your novel]: Liz + Zac is about a runaway girl named Liz and a homeless boy named Zac and they meet on the streets of Denver, Colorado and maybe fall in love. Both of them have some darkness in their past and some things they have to overcome if they're going to allow themselves to fall, not to mention all of the harsh realities of being a homeless teenager to contend with. It's part love story (loving yourself and loving someone else), part coming of age story in the vein of Eleanor & Park and All the Bright Places (I hope :p).
(not my greatest synopsis...if you have any questions, please ask!)
[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials]: C.W.
[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind]:

This time what I have in mind is having the majority of the cover be a tree trunk and have the words "Liz + Zac" carved into the trunk. But stack it so it looks like:
Liz
+
Zac

And a little heart incorporated in would be good too :) It corresponds to an important scene in the novel.

Take your time, I know you're busy! And thank you! :D
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

277 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:23 pm
Charm says...

I don't know if I can do exactly what you asked for but I'll try my best.

277 Reviews

Mon Apr 11, 2016 9:42 pm
Charm says...

I was about to whip up your covers now that I have the time but sadly the program isn't working.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:14 am
Hattable says...

[Title] Douglas Roads

[Genre] Er... I don't know the exact genre, but... there's superheros? Not quite sci-fi, I don't think.

[synopsis of your novel] Some might call Douglas Roads 'adventurous'. Others might find 'daft' to be more fitting. His wife, in all honesty, just hopes he doesn't get himself killed anytime soon.
Douglas, as well-meaning as he is, has a rather selective memory, and he often gets himself into dangerous situations. After an accident leaves him concussed, Douglas is sentenced to a sort of house arrest by his wife, Flora. Escaping the family friend tasked with keeping him in the house while Flora attends her office job, Douglas gets to wandering about the city. Eventually, he runs, quite literally, into a motorcyclist stopped at a traffic light.
After some apologies and acceptances of apologies, the two hit it off as new friends, and Oliver lets Douglas in on a recent secret he discovered.
Meanwhile, jolly new happenings for Douglas aside, a little criminal gathering is taking place somewhere in the city, and not only do they know about Oliver and his secret, but they're quite intent on taking it from him.

[Your name/Username/Pen name/Initials] Hattable

[Any ideas/pictures/colors you have in mind] A city street, thinking white buildings but that isn't necessary. Cracked road, maybe. Mildly cloudy blue sky. Don't want any characters in the picture, though people in the background are okay if you can't avoid it or something.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

277 Reviews

Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:27 pm
Charm says...

Guys I'll try and get these covers done as soon as possible but the program I use isn't really cooperating.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:30 am
Carlito says...

AliceAfternoon wrote:Guys I'll try and get these covers done as soon as possible but the program I use isn't really cooperating.

No rush for me! And I saw your earlier post about not being sure if you can do exactly what I asked. I know it's a bit weird and probably tough so if it's not exactly like that, no worries :)
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

277 Reviews

Thu Sep 22, 2016 7:38 pm
Charm says...

Hey everyone there is a new thread now! So yeah! If I didn't end up doing your last cover just go over to that thread and I'll do it there: marmalade's banners/book covers

I have lived through much, and now I think I have found what is needed for happiness. A quiet secluded life in the country, with the possibility of being useful to people to whom it is easy to do good... then rest, nature, books, music, love for one's neighbor - such is my idea of happiness.
— Leo Tolstoy