z

Young Writers Society

Night's Character Commission Sketches- *Currently Closed*

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Dec 30, 2015 1:35 am
Sonder says...

This forum is currently closed until sometime after March. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Night's Character Commission Sketches

I've recently been developing my own art style and studying anatomy, and now, drawing characters. So I thought I'd open requests and get some more experience at the same time. This takes time, even if I enjoy it, so I'm putting suggested point donations for those who feel like being generous. Please do. I'm poor quite often. :)

Here's the link to my other art forum, if you are interested. Night's Artistic Imaginings

Options for Requests

Head Only
Suggested Point Donation: 100-200 points

Example of Front:
Spoiler! :

Full Body
Suggested Point Donation: 300-500 points

Same as with Head only: Front, 3/4, Side

Examples of 3/4 Full Body:

Close Ups:
Spoiler! :

Return Time: Because of school and limited free time, I will give myself a two week time frame to finish a commission from when it is first entered, so please have patience. I may close submissions if life gets too crazy or if I have too many at one time.

I will post finished commissions in this forum.

What to Tell Me!

-head or full body picture?
    -detailed description of what character looks like: clothes, features, ethnicity, etc.
    **if it isn't mentioned, I will use my imagination!**
    -pose/ facial expression: please don't be too complicated, or provide a reference photo of the pose you would like
    -any objects or other aspects from the story you'd like incorporated: for example, the bird for my third character

I will always use reference photos if they are provided to make the character look how you'd like!

Color?
Suggested Donation (added in addition): 100-200 points

As you see from the examples, I draw my characters first in pencil. I'm not very skilled in digital coloring yet, but I'm working on it- I'm taking a class in digital art this upcoming semester. If you'd like, I can either a) do a simple digital coloring of the scanned pencil drawing or b) do a colored pencil/ watercolor coloring of the drawing. If you'd like this, please specify, and please donate!

Other

If you have any other requests that aren't listed here, please PM me or comment in the forum. I'm still a beginning artist but I love to challenge myself!

Finally, the examples photos shown here were taken on my low-quality Kindle camera. For commissions, I would scan them on my printer for higher quality.

Again, please donate! It gives me incentive and then I don't have to stress about reviewing AND drawing. :) I'm super excited to do this, so I really hope people make requests! Let's get this party started! :D

~Night
Last edited by Sonder on Wed Feb 03, 2016 1:50 am, edited 5 times in total.
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:55 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

OMG yes please!

I'd like just a head please, and plain pencil is great! Looking straight ahead, I suppose! (I'm pretty sure this is what I'd supposed to be doing XD)

Character description~

Spoiler! :
Corbin:

*looks like a Native American ethnicity*

Hair: very black. Short, clean cut, one of those weird guy cuts where it sticks up somehow... but still looks sane and isn't more than an inch long (an inch long on him, not when we're talking about how long to do it on the picture, you follow?

Neck: not very thick, just kind of like a teenage neckish whatever. But not supper skinny, just right.
Eyes: humourous, sort of rectangular, but not at all harsh.
Bit of a long face. Ski-jump nose... but not so much that it looks like a pig nose. Eyebrows are pretty clean-cut.
lips are thin, I suppose?

Could he have a nice big smile, like he's laughing? c: When it comes down to it, I'll be happy with whatever, so if there's something you're having trouble doing, don't worry about it. ^_^

I think that's all. Sorry for the confusing and ridiculous instructions. XP
100% autistic

254 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:03 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

I'll get right on that, @Holysocks! :D Thanks for the request!
~Thoreau

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:19 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

Ooh, I would also like a head please! That sounds weird, I would like a drawing of a head.

Description: An eleven year old girl with a thin, bony face but rosy cheeks. Her skin is pale and her hair raven black, fluffy and shoulder length. She has green eyes and thinks she's better than everyone else (if that helps with the expression). Her lips are just like any other child's lips, I guess, and she has a cute childish nose. You can imagine anything else.

I'd like it coloured, please, but use whatever method you like. Thank you!
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

254 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:31 am
Sonder says...

Awesome, I'll work on that too, @Dracula! :D Thanks!
~Thoreau

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 30, 2015 11:10 am
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

If you're not too busy, I'd like to add a request as well. You're so talented! :D

-head or full body picture? Just a head, please. :)
-detailed description of what character looks like: Brendon has dark hazel hair(pencil is great, I just thought maybe you'd want to know to visualize it haha.) It's always really fluffy, like he just woke up every second of the day. He can never get it to lay down. He has wide, puppy-like eyes that are a shock of emerald green contrasting with his pale skin and dark hair. He has a sort of understated attractiveness, hidden by his clothes and the mussed hair that's just a bit too long for his face(not to say it's REALLY LONG, it's just that he has a bit of fringe covering his forehead and he could tuck it behind his ear if he tried hard. If you didn't look closely, you would miss the handsome curves of his features. He's twenty-five.
Clothes: He likes to wear things a bit big for him. He's a big(I mean BIG) fan of hoodies and those warm button up coats that come in girl and boy styles.
-pose/ facial expression: Just with a warm smile. Like he's content with everything in the world. He's an optimistic guy. :D

I found this image, but it was kind of a loosely based interpretation(this guy doesn't even have green eyes haha.) You can do with it what you will. Image

Sorry if that's too many details. I'm trying to make it clear, as I'm really bad at explaining haha.
P.S. I think I'll just send you the points now. Otherwise somehow I'm sure I'll forget. Thanks once again in advance! I'll thank you later too, I'm sure. :D
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

254 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 2:08 pm
Sonder says...

Thanks for the request, @Storygirl95! One question: is your character of East Asian heritage like the picture, Caucasian, or other? Ethnicity changes eye shape and lip shape, in general, so I want to check first. :)
~Thoreau

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 30, 2015 6:17 pm
View Likes
Storygirl95 says...

Nah, his family came over from a little place in Europe and they've been in New York for a long time. He's Caucasian.
Sorry to confuse you haha. I should have though of that. ^_^
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Dec 30, 2015 7:16 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Front-view face in color, please!

Christian Abernathy. 32, white, fairly pale. He's very thin, kind of spindly, and he's got thick black hair and blue eyes. He wears glasses with a thin, dark frame, and I picture him with sort of a largish nose. He's shy and lonely and everlastingly polite and he loves books. He always wears a button-down shirt and often a tie. (He has an office job.)

You can decide on an expression, and you can color it however you choose--whether you'd rather get more practice with digital coloring or want to stick with colored pencil. Thanks in advance and let me know when my donation is due!

254 Reviews

Wed Dec 30, 2015 10:16 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

Thanks for the request, @BlueAfrica! I'll aim to finish these within the next few days. :)
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2015 12:44 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

First commission, finished! @Holysocks, here's Corbin. Hope he's what you imagined. I had fun drawing his smile. :)

Spoiler! :
~Thoreau

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:42 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

That's amazing!!! Thank you so much! C:
100% autistic

254 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2015 3:59 am
Sonder says...

You're welcome! C:
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Thu Dec 31, 2015 11:08 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

@Dracula, wow, that was an adventure. I decided to try digital coloring and it was a lot to get used to! Anyway, I hope you enjoy the finished product. I tried to give her a concieted smirk. :3

Spoiler! :
~Thoreau

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Fri Jan 01, 2016 4:23 am
View Likes
Dracula says...

That's awesome! Thank you! She actually reminds me of Clementine from TWD. :P
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

Yewis superiority!
— Several authors from the auspicious site.