z

Young Writers Society

Need a Cover? Get a Cover! - Revamped!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Tue Dec 01, 2015 1:10 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

If you find yourself wanting a cover, there are a few simple things I request, all contained within this code you see below.

Please, after requesting, give me one or two days to create your cover and post it in this thread. A cover for a book or anthology or whatever you may desire—you can get it here!

I'm not perfect, but I can mock up something you might like to look at, and I'm always willing to give it a second shot if you don't like the first cover I come up with for you!

Request Template
Code: Select all
[b]Title:[/b]
[b]Mood/Tone/Feeling:[/b] (dramatic, melodramatic, sad, cheerful, mourning, victorious, etc.)
[b]Colors:[/b] (note: these are your preferred colors, and not all of them will necessarily end up in the finished product)
[b]Objects:[/b] (objects important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
[b]Places:[/b] (places important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
[b]Characters:[/b] (characters important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
[b]Do you want your username on the cover?[/b] Yes/No
[b]100% Free?[/b] Yes/No

Note that for objects, places, and characters, you need only mention them if you want at least one on your cover; I'll need a description of each object, place, or character you would like. While I offer to put your username on the cover, I will not personally use pseudonyms or other names; if you want to put your pseudonym on the cover yourself, you're free to do so.

If you would like everything (fonts and images) used in your cover to be 100% free for commercial use, then answer "yes" for 100% Free. If you don't care, or if this is just a mockup, feel free to answer "no".

You don't need to pay me anything for this unless you want to. ;D
Last edited by Vervain on Tue Oct 04, 2016 4:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
stay off the faerie paths

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Tue Dec 01, 2015 2:15 am
Virgil says...

Title: Vein-shaped Roots
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Dark, depressing, mysterious (dramatic, melodramatic, sad, cheerful, mourning, victorious, etc.)
Colors: Blue, white, black, purple, grey, green, brown. (note: these are your preferred colors, and not all of them will necessarily end up in the finished product)
Objects: A tree with a crow on it. (objects important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Places: One tree with a tree on it in the middle of the plains. It might be a bigger tree. (places important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Characters: Indigo (A crow) (characters important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Do you want your username on the cover? No. Yes/No

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 3:08 am
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Atsmai, let me know if you like it! If there's anything you'd like changed, like capitalizing the title or changing stuff around, I can always run it back through really quick~ (The tree and crow, as far as I'm aware, are both public domain images.)
Attachments
veinshroots.png

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Dec 01, 2015 12:52 pm
EscaSkye says...

Title: Towards Tomorrow
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Dramatic/melancholic but with hints of hope.
Colors: Mostly hues that remind you of the night.
Characters: An eighteen year old female with medium brown hair (mostly in a messy bun) and sea green eyes. (Is this enough description?)
Do you want your username on the cover? Yes.
Not anymore.

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 4:10 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@EscaSkye, I have two versions of this, but I couldn't find a good way to work in a model shot in either of them -- your description was fine, and I actually found a couple of nice shots, but they just didn't work into the cover well. So I stuck for a more generic background + text kind of cover, and I hope one of them strikes your fancy!

If there are any changes you'd like made (or if you find a good full-body shot of a model you like xD), feel free to ask and I'll see what I can do~!

ETA: All three images I used here are licensed for reuse with modification, just to note! (I like noting that, haha. Makes me feel economical.)
Attachments
towardstomorrow2.png
towardstomorrow.png

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Dec 01, 2015 5:02 pm
BluesClues says...

Title: The Book Man

Mood/Tone/Feeling: Whimsical but also a little dark.

Colors: Dark blues and greens and purples and blacks but also maybe white or something light/bright? Your other covers are amazing, so I'm sure your color choices will be fantastic.

Objects: The park gate, which is a wrought-iron arched gate set in the center of a stone wall, and it's about ten feet tall and imposing.

Places: Or perhaps the park gate is one of these. Ah, well.

Characters: Christian Abernathy. He's tall and thin, early thirties, with short black hair and wire-rimmed glasses and blue eyes. He usually wears slacks and a button down shirt, he reads constantly, he's shy and (at the beginning) very lonely.

Do you want your username on the cover? No thanks!

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 6:51 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@BlueAfrica, here you go! I had a bit of trouble with the colors for this one, so they might be a little wonky -- let me know if you want them changed and I can go at it, no problem, I just don't know what balance of green/blue/purple you'd like, haha. (It's also surprisingly difficult to find good pictures of wrought-iron gates. Huh.)
Attachments
thebookman.png

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Tue Dec 01, 2015 7:57 pm
Storygirl95 says...

Hi! I love that you're doing this for people. If I may, I would like to request one as well.
Title: Ascent
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Cheerful and light. It's a happy love story, after all. :)
Colors: It's really up to you. Light colors like light blue or light green or light anything haha all work. (note: these are your preferred colors, and not all of them will necessarily end up in the finished product)
Objects: Well, this is your choice too. The title comes from a crossword clue so if you want to do something like a crossword puzzle I'm game haha. (objects important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Places: They meet in a grocery store. The crossword puzzle thing happens at a coffee shop. This is really all up to interpretation. :) (places important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Characters: There's a girl and a guy, both in their mid-twenties. They don't have to be on the cover but they can be. (characters important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Do you want your username on the cover? No. Yes/No
Thanks so much in advance! Even though I'll probably thank you again anyway. :D
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

425 Reviews

Tue Dec 01, 2015 10:31 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@Storygirl95, I hope you like this! I'm sorry if the edges on the flowers are a little choppy; I tried to plug my graphics pad in so I could fix them, but the driver was malfunctioning or something.
Attachments
ascentcover2.png

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:37 am
Evander says...

Title: Romance is Silver
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Dark but hopeful.
Colors: Silver/grays are important, because my novel kinda revolves around my main character liking those colors. Then purples and dark greens are optional are lovely, but optional.
Objects: An old leather journal, a dagger, a wheelchair, and a grayish fleece blanket.
Places: A garden of statues or a bookstore.
Characters: Rease Brim, a young biracial black girl who is around thirteen years of age. Her brown hair is incredibly curly and often tied up into a high ponytail. Her outfit style tends to vary depending on the environment, so I'm not picky about that.
Do you want your username on the cover? No.
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Dec 02, 2015 1:49 am
BluesClues says...

@Arkhaion, it's a really nice gate! I think the colors are fine. I'm never quite sure myself, to be honest...

Thanks muchos and let me know if you want a review or anything!

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:09 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Title: Eight Reasons Why I Kissed Hayden Beaufort
Mood/Tone/Feeling: I want to say hipster-y, and that's about the best description I can think of. Modern, but not shiny modern. Maybe an indie film kind of feel. Sorry if my descriptions suck.
Colors Sort of darker colours, maybe? Mostly just not too bright or pastel or anything like that
Objects: Music's an important part of the story, so something music related - but rock music not classical or whatever. A guitar is a pretty safe bet.
Places: none in particular
Characters: I'd rather not have characters on the cover.
Do you want your username on the cover? No thanks
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:55 am
Storygirl95 says...

@Arkhaion it's beautiful! Thank you so much! :D
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Dec 03, 2015 7:45 pm
View Likes
StellaThomas says...

Title: Silk
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Gothic
Colors: black/dark blue/silver
Objects: spider webs
Places: creepy abandoned manor (this isn't a necessity, just if you're looking for ideas)
Characters: I feel like putting the spider/ghost/walls on the cover would ruin it a bit so no thanks.
Do you want your username on the cover? Yes, why not? (can I have my space that would be excellent!)
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

878 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 878
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:09 pm
View Likes
Demeter says...

Title: Like Flowers, Entwined (perhaps stylised so it's all lowercase? Somehow I imagine it like that xD)
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Romantic, girly (it's partly a princess-y story)
Colors: pastels
Objects: Well, the name obviously has flowers, but I think on the cover they might be too obvious. Tiaras and teacups.
Places: castles, lush meadows (not obligatory, as Stella said, for inspiration)
Characters: The main characters are 18-year-old girls, the other one of which has dark brown and the other pale blonde hair. But perhaps not on the cover.
Do you want your username on the cover? Yes, go ahead!

Thanks! :D
"Your jokes are scarier than your earrings." -Twit

"14. Pretend like you would want him even if he wasn't a prince. (Yeah, right.)" -How to Make a Guy Like You - Disney Princess Style

Got YWS?

we went from advice to meth real quick
— ShadowVyper