z

Young Writers Society

Need a Cover? Get a Cover! - Revamped!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:30 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

@AdrianMoon, here you go! As always, let me know if you want any changes done, or if you'd like me to remake it with focus on some other things (I chose the statue garden because, to be honest, I like how silver leaves look :P).

For the rest of you, I'll probably have these done by tomorrow at the latest!
Attachments
romanceissilver.png
stay off the faerie paths

324 Reviews

Reviews: 324
Thu Dec 03, 2015 8:54 pm
Evander says...

@Arkhaion, thank you! It looks fantastic!
Want to talk about your project? Head on over to the Writers Corner! If you have a question about writing, then head on over to Research! Is your question not big enough to warrant its own thread? Ask away in Little Details!

German rat enthusiast.

425 Reviews

Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:09 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Well, I found twenty minutes before my family goes out, so @StellaThomas, here's your Silk cover! With the space, too :P

Still working on Sarah's, so I should have hers and Dem's up tomorrow!
Attachments
silkcover.png

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Thu Dec 03, 2015 10:31 pm
StellaThomas says...

omg thank you! So fast <3 it's so cool!
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:51 pm
Charm says...

New Haven
Melancholy and beautiful. A beautiful kinda of sad. A homey vintage look and feel. (The story takes place in present time but the main character like me loves vintage)
I like pale colors. I really like water colors. I love the pale watered down look. Pale greens, blues, pinks, and yellows.
a vintage bicycle
a dirt road surrounded by trees (pine or oak)
A wavy/curly dirty blonde, long haired, blue eyed, teenage girl. She is wearing a mustard colored vintage styled sweater with a black skirt. She is wearing black tights and combat boots. She is pushing the bicycle. She is draw in realistic anime style (like my profile picture) if you don't want to draw it in anime style that's fine
I do. But if it is possible could you just put "Mad Writer"

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:46 am
jumpingsheep says...

Title: The Awakening
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Very suspenseful and creepy. Sort of unsettling. Like something always feels a bit off.
Colors: mostly dark blue, like the night sky, although black and purple would look good also
Objects: No specific objects, although maybe a streetlight, to represent a nighttime aesthetic?
Places: An empty parking lot, or a wall with the words "Beware the Sandman" graffitied on it.
Characters: The story has a cast of six teen characters, maybe silhouettes of them could be somewhere on the cover? There's three boys and three girls. One of the boys has a mess of curly hair, almost like a fro, strawberry blond. One of the girls is younger than the rest, so her silhouette should probably be slightly shorter.
Do you want your username on the cover? No

Thank you!!
hello there

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:22 am
Holysocks says...

These are absolutely beautiful! I'm Going to have to make my way back here sometime when I'm on my computer. c:
100% autistic

425 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2015 11:25 pm
View Likes
Vervain says...

Sorry this took so long! @TriSARAHtops, @Demeter, I got yours doneā€”let me know if you like them or want any changes!

I'll keep working on these, but my life is really hectic right now (finals, eugh), so it might be another week before I get any more done.
Attachments
likeflowers.png
eightreasons.png

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Dec 13, 2015 9:22 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Looks fab, Ark. Thank you!
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Dec 27, 2015 5:33 pm
LordZeus says...

Hey I originally asked for a cover giving this same info on another chat but no one's replied to that so I've come to you. I never completed that NaNo novel but I still like the idea I had. Here's the info:
Spoiler! :
Name:Magecraft book 1:Light and Darkness

Mood/Tone/Feeling;Suspenseful

colors:Anything, go wild. Just don't make it too bright please.

Objects:magic staff which he would be using at the school, like a wooden one with a jewel or the carved head of an animal at the top. You don't have to use this though. I have described the MC and what he wears below if you think it would be good to put him on the cover.

Plot-to most people, Rajiv Patel isn't someone to bother about. He's an awkward, shy, geeky kid who no one would really talk to. But there is more to him than meets the eye... The fourteen year-old boy has had inside him the spirit of a an ancient Archmage named Arathus ever since he uncovered a mysterious coin from under the ground. The Archmage slumbers most of the time and only rises to complain and help the boy with his homework and tests, as was their agreement. For years this has gone on, but now things start to get weirder. When a vampire attacks a classmate, the worlds of magic and Rajiv meet. Rajiv defeats the vampire with magic, and finds he and the mage are so linked the can harness his magical energies. However this is not as fun as he thinks. After he saves his friend, the order of mages that Arathus once led that still exists secretly in the modern day captures him and sends him to a far away brutal mage school where he must prove himself...or die. But that's not the end of his problems, as with the help of Archmage Arathus, he uncovers a dangerous plot that threatens the safety of the universe and everyone in it...

Places:If you need a place, then perhaps an old fortress or castle would do best, which is what the school will resemble. Oh and it is also near a cliff, over which they throw those apprentices whom they find weak. In one of the scenes in the novel, the Mc is thrown off the cliff, but he uses wings made of pure light to fly free so you could also use that.

Characters:1.MC-Rajiv Patel, a geeky kid. He usually wears a hoodie, or a long wizard's cloak if the cover is set when he is in the school, t shirt, jeans and sneakers. He's Indian as I'm sure you've made out from the name with light brown, perhaps tanned looking skin. His hair is short and black and his eyes are black too.
2.Lord Kerelat, Headmaster of the Mage School. He is a tall muscled man who always wears a long wizard's cloak. He is bald with a short, well trimmed grey beard. He has tanned skin and black eyes.
3.Alara-She is a fellow student at the mage school and wears a long wizard's cloak as well as a skirt. She has tanned skin and black hair along with grey eyes.

I don't have to have all these characters on the cover, and I don't even have to have any of them on the cover.

Do you want your username on the cover? No

Genre-Fantasy

Please tell me if you need any more info. Thanks in advance!

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Dec 30, 2015 8:07 pm
EverStorm says...

Hey! Can I request a cover?

Title: Marked Lust
Mood/Tone/Feeling: Excited, fervent, mixed with a twist of pain(dramatic, melodramatic, sad, cheerful, mourning, victorious, etc.)
Colors: Red, yellow, black, gray. Mostly colors you would associate with fire and heat. (note: these are your preferred colors, and not all of them will necessarily end up in the finished product)
Places: I want the background to resemble the inside of a volcano, or a fire.(places important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Characters: A man and a young woman. The man is tall, slightly thin, and well built. The woman is slender, a bit shorter than him (6-9 inches?). Could they be silhouettes? They are standing close together, their hands entwined and foreheads close together. On their hands are red/orange swirling marks that go from their hands to their wrists. The marks are lined up/symmetrical? (characters important to the novel if you want them on your cover)
Do you want your username on the cover? Yes please. Yes/No

Little note: I would like it to emphasize heat and fire because that's a main element in the story. If this is too complicated, you don't have to do it. But thanks! :D

425 Reviews

Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:07 pm
Vervain says...

@Madwriter7 @jumpingsheep @LordZeus @everwinter I'm so sorry for these being majorly majorly delayed!

If you still want these, just let me know and I'll do my best to get them done a week from your confirmation.

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:30 pm
Charm says...

Actually I don't need a cover anymore but thank you! :)

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Thu Jan 14, 2016 11:50 pm
EverStorm says...

If you still would, that would be great!

53 Reviews

Reviews: 53
Fri Jan 15, 2016 3:12 am
jumpingsheep says...

I would still like one if it's possible!
hello there

Anything's possible if you've got enough nerve.
— J.K. Rowling