z

Young Writers Society

TriSARAHtography

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:45 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I'm not exactly the most artistically talented person going around, and I don't have much practice at photography or any fancy cameras, but if there's one thing I like, it books - both reading and looking at pretty pictures of them. I've seen a few book photo challenges going around, so I thought I give it a shot and see what'll come out of it. I'm hoping I'll maybe pick up some mad photography skillz, but either way I get to share with you guys my bookshelf.

At the moment, this is the book challenge I'm doing. I know it's supposed to be daily, but I'm a few days behind and it's easier to take several photos at once, so I'll probably post it chunks at a time.
Spoiler! :

So, enjoy, hopefully! And if anyone's got any tips or tricks, I'd greatly appreciate them! :)

EDIT: I found my SD card yesterday (that I'd previously misplaced, and was under my bed) and I was looking through it and found some photos from some of my travels in France and the UK. A few of them are actually not too bad, so I thought I'd branch out this little corner of the internet and post photos of things other than books as well. Hence the new title.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:51 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

1 - Currently reading

Or rereading, more accurately. I picked up Cry Blue Murder for the 50 book challenge, as 'a book that scares you'. There's something deeply unsettling and too close to home about this book - even more so on the reread, when you know the ending and can pick up all the subtle foreshadowing and details. This is a book that isn't scary when you read it, but when you put it down and think about the girls' story, it's quite scary.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:57 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

2 - Reading Playlist

You're the Kind of Girl I Write Songs About is all about music, and author Daniel Herborn put together a Spotify playlist of some of the songs that inspired the story. Said playlist seems to only be able to be found by going to the author's Facebook page and clicking the link, and I'm eternally forgetting my Spotify password, so this photo took way longer to organise than it should have. I don't listen to music as I'm reading, but it's cool to see what songs played a part in creating a novel.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:01 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

3 - Favourite novella

Possibly also the only novella I've read in recent memory. Having studies Gatsby in Lit last year, it's a novel I've come to appreciate. I've also come to own two copies after losing one then getting it back after I'd bought a new one. The reflection in the key is a happy accident, but one I'm happy with.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:04 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

4 - Pages to the screen

I own more movie tie-ins than I'd like to. That said, the covers for my copies of If I Stay and Me and Earl and the Dying Girl I actually quite like.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:11 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

5 - Life-changing

There's a bit of a story behind this one. Way back in 2010, when I first started high school, I was introduced to this absolutely wonderful site for YA novels called Inside a Dog. These are the books (the ones I own, anyway) that were on the shortlist for the Inky Awards that year. Inside a Dog and the Inkys has been such a massive part of my life for the last five years, it's been a place where I've been able to be myself and share my passion for books, and I don't know who I'd be without it.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:17 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

6 - Sassiest character

“M'Dear," I said cordially, "Your butt's blocking my bumper. Do you think you could move your loitering five feet to the south and let me leave?”

Maggie Stiefvater's come a long way as an author since these books, but James is still a pretty awesome character who's a pretty high level of sassy.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:20 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

7 - Favourite poem

I wandered lonely as a cloud
That floats on high o'er vales and hills,
When all at once I saw a crowd,
A host, of golden daffodils

I've got a soft spot for Wordsworth, and there's something really lovely about his poem 'Daffodils'/'I Wandered Lonely as a Cloud', whatever you choose to call it. So here's some yellow books to go with his host of golden daffodils.
we'll be waiting

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:25 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I love the clarity! O: Which camera do you use? If it's a mobile, what's the company?

Also, Gatsby! <3
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:59 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

@Dreamy I use a Nikon Coolpix L120, which I've had for nearly four years now, and it's served me well. It's not quite as fancy as a DSLR, but it does the job XD
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:45 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

8 - Disappointing read

I actually won my copy of this book, and I remember being really psyched to read it because the premise sounded really interesting. It wasn’t all bad, but it certainly didn’t deliver the way I’d hoped it would.
we'll be waiting

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:52 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

I am so in love with your photography ^.^
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

260 Reviews

Sat Nov 07, 2015 10:18 pm
TriSARAHtops says...

Thanks @Deanie <3 That means a lot.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Mon Nov 09, 2015 5:23 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

9 - Childhood favourite

I fell in love with The Fire Within at the age of ten, and reading it now is like a wave of nostalgia. The innocence and charm of this book makes it my favourite book of the series.
we'll be waiting

1085 Reviews

Reviews: 1085
Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:02 am
View Likes
Mea says...

I read that a few years ago! I enjoyed it a lot, but I don't remember much about it now.

And these pictures are gorgeous.
We're all stories in the end.

I think of you as a fairy with a green dress and a flower crown and stuff.
-EternalRain

I think you, @Deanie and I are like the Three Book Nerd Musketeers of YWS.
-bluewaterlily

The simple truth is that authors like making people squirm. If this weren't the case, all novels would be filled completely with cute bunnies having birthday parties.
— Brandon Sanderson, Alcatraz Versus the Evil Librarians