z

Young Writers Society

TriSARAHtography

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:02 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Forgotten to post for a couple of days, oops. I think I'll do a few to a post, cos I'm feeling a little guilty about the points I'm getting by posting.

10 - So. Many. Feels.(Limited time offer: two photos for the price of one!)
ImageImage
I don't even like the word 'feels', but these books definitely toy with my emotions, and this is the book that made me absolutely fall in love with the Raven Cycle characters.

11 - Second book syndrome
I really loved the predecessors to all these books, but I didn't enjoy the sequels nearly as much. All for different reasons, but at least the covers all look nice together.

12 - Favourite cover
No explanation needed, really.
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

260 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2015 4:09 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

13 - Book stack
Some of my favourite Aussie YA novels. Inspired by the #LoveOzYA movement.

14 - Oh I Cried
There's plenty of books that I could have chosen for this one, but The Graveyard Book made me cry in a good way, if that's possible. (And don't pretend I don't see you lurking back there, Mr Potter).

15 - Shocking end
I'll never recover from a certain Event in Friday Brown. Never. The others were pretty full-on too.
we'll be waiting

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Nov 15, 2015 7:17 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

Ah, I was looking forward to Shadow Scale! Shame to hear it wasn't so wonderful. Would you still read the third one though?

And beautiful pictures as usual <3
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

260 Reviews

Sun Nov 15, 2015 8:43 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

@Deanie Thank you! Is there a third one? Shadow Scale very much seemed like the end of the series. If there is I probably would, because I still liked Shadow Scale, it was just lacking that extra something, as tacky as it sounds, that made Seraphina so wonderful.
we'll be waiting

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:28 pm
Deanie says...

I wouldn't even know if there was/is going to be. I'm just assuming it's a trilogy.
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

260 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2015 9:57 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I keep forgetting to update this. My SD card's gone AWOL so I didn't get to finish the month's challenge (luckily there weren't any photos on it that weren't saved elsewhere) but here are some of the photos I took before I lost it.

16 - Hot cocoa and a book
Admittedly, I'm pretty blatantly cheating for this one, but in my defence, it's way more ice cream season here than hot chocolate. Hence See You at Harry's, a book about a family who own a ice cream shop.

17 - Snuggled Up
There's just something about Seraphina that makes it lovely to snugfle up and read.

18 - Book Haul
This was perfectly timed, because I actually went shopping on THIS VERY DAY but then I lost my SD card, which was a bit tragic.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Sat Dec 12, 2015 10:09 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

A few I had taken in advance:

19 - Multiple copies
Oh! Who could ever be tired if Bath?
My two copies of Northanger Abbey, one bought by me, the other a gift, and the brochure from the Jane Austen museum in Bath.

20 - Couldn't finish
It took me four or five years to be able to finish this book. At first, I got to about Chapter Six and could go mo further. A majorly important series of books for me.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Mon Jan 11, 2016 11:27 pm
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

I found some old travel photos ('old' meaning from a couple of years ago) and some of them were surprisingly okay, so I thought I'd share a few.

These three are from my family's holiday in the UK back in 2013.

Bile beans, York

These two are from the same place but aside from it being in the north of England, I'm not entirely sure where it is.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:40 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Found another photo challenge to have a go at, the first photo being favourite new author. I was very impressed with Risk, and I think that Fleur Ferris will be an author to watch.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Fri Jan 22, 2016 6:58 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

More photos, taken for same challenge as above.

we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Fri Jan 22, 2016 7:01 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

And more...

I've posted some thoughts on the process of taking and editing these photos on my blog where I first posted them, so if that kind of thing interests you, feel free to take a look. :)
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Thu Feb 25, 2016 11:09 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

Not technically photography, but my topic, my rules. Already posted these on my wall, but I'll chuck 'em here as well, for posterity, I guess. I've made a couple of novel covers for things I've written in the past, nothing fancy, but the cover-making mood struck me this afternoon, so here we go. Now I just have to actually write the thing

This is the first one I threw together, using the ever-wonderful Canva. Not so sure about the font of the title, retrospectively, but I think the other font is okay. Placement of all the writing feels like it works? Probably would tweak the placement of the hand/face, just because it feels like it's not quite in the right spot. Think it would look better if the image was placed more like...

I prefer the way the image sits in this cover better than with the previous. Probably a rule of thirds brain prefers stuff not to be centred kind of deal. Stuck with the made-up-in-thirty-seconds tagline, which actually describes the book decently. I'm not sure about this cover, it feels a little busy. Title font feels a little childish, and maybe the other font a little too modern? I think a combination of the two above covers would work better.

I think this is the one I'm happiest with font-wise, and even though I'm a bit of two minds about the title/tagline layout, I think it's pretty cool. Needs tweaking, and maybe getting rid of all that blank space (maybe?), but yeah. I'm pleased enough with the result.

Been going through a bit of a dry spell when it's come to photography lately (almost certainly related to writing dry spell I've been going through), but will hopefully get back into that soon.
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:05 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

SYDNEY

Opera House and ferries, taken from the Harbour Bridge

The Rocks

Opera House, taken from inside the Opera House
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Wed Mar 23, 2016 4:06 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

SYDNEY (cont'd)

View from the hotel, looking out over Darling Harbour

Aggressive Seagulls, Cockatoo Island
we'll be waiting

260 Reviews

Tue Nov 15, 2016 3:32 am
View Likes
TriSARAHtops says...

So I finally got around to sorting through some of the pictures from my Europe trip. I pretty much alternated between being OMG TAKE PHOTOS OF EVERYTHING AND BETTER DOUBLE UP FOR GOOD MEASURE and contastantly leaving my camera behind, so I have heaps of photos for some places and none for others. Also, I got caught in the rain about a month before my trip ended and my camera died (luckily it was just the batteries that were the issue), so the photos towards the end are all from my phone, but some of them still turned out surprisingly decent.

I have nearly five months worth of photos, so these are going to be posted in waves since I'm pretty much drowning in pictures. Everything is posted nice and chronologically, and enspoilered for those pesky slow browsers.

ENGLAND (June)
Brighton
My trip started off in London, but for some reason I didn't take any photos there. My next stop was Brighton, which was an awesome place to explore for a couple of days. Even if it was pretty much innundated with French schoolkids. Pebble beaches are weeeeeird.
Spoiler! :

(The pier is really fun to photograph, kay?)

Bath
Probably my favourite city in England. Even though the place gives me DIABOLICAL hayfever. I was reading Northanger Abbey while I was there and it was so cool walking around and seeing all the places that get mentioned. I even went to the Assembly Rooms, which I fangirled over more than a little bit.
Spoiler! :

(please ignore the weird lens smudge on the last two photos. I'm not sure what caused it or why I didn't clean my camera)

(my hostel was in a street just behind the building on the left of this photo. When you looked out the window of my dorm you looked out over the church that you see in this photograph. One of the prettiest locations of any of the places I stayed)

Bristol
I was only in Bristol for a day, but I loved it. Next time I come to the UK I'll definitely stay there longer and have a better look around.
Spoiler! :

Liverpool
I wasn't really sure what to expect from Liverpool, but I ended up finding it a really awesome city, even if you're only passively into the Beatles like me (seriously, there's no avoiding the Beatles even if you try). The city had a cool vibe about it, and I loved the architecture. My hostel was a little out of town and to get into town I'd walk past Liverpool Cathedral, which is massive and towering and very impressive.

Spoiler! :
]Image

(aforementioned cathedral)

(inside the cathedral, with a couple of handy strangers providing a sense of scale. I wasn't actually supposed to have taken this photo because you were meant to buy a photo permit, but I live on the edge, so)

Holy Island
Can I just say, getting out to Holy Island was a bit ridiculous and I ended up spending a fairly insane amount of money all because I missed a bus stop. Basically Holy Island, if you haven't heard of it, is a small island off the coast of Northern England, that you can drive to, aside from the times during the day when the tide cuts it off. It was dazzlingly pretty and so English-looking, and it was really nice to get out of the city for a day. Also, I saw seals! That was very cool.

Spoiler! :

York
I love-love-love York, and even though I wasn't there all that long this time (and much of the time I was there was spent in a hayfever-induced delirium), I love wandering around all the old streets.
Spoiler! :

That's the end of the England photos, and coincidentally, is also the end of the first month of my trip (it's nice when things work out).
we'll be waiting

Remember the rain that made your corn grow.
— Haitian Proverb