Need a Cover?

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Oct 27, 2015 3:11 am
Que says...

Well... I thought I could make one myself but obviously not. XD
It's okay if you're too busy to get to it, though. ^-^

Spoiler! :
At the moment my novel is called Purity, and I think it'll stick around for quite a while so let's go with that.
My novel is a fantasy world where demons are everywhere. They're basically shadow animals/creatures, sort of like Balrogs. (A bit like how it looked in the Fellowship of the Ring movie) Anyway, normal people only see a few, but Enna is cursed and she can see them all. Along with two brothers, Kadence and Belemar, Enna is recruited by an organisation to find the "Pure One", a person who sees no demons at and- if legends are true- is the only one to kill the demon of all demons that is about to wake up.
the mood is rather serious, but not overly so. It's certainly fun and adventurous as well, there's just kind of a threat of danger.
There isn't really a specific important place, but the characters are mostly just traveling through thick forests and mountains. If you need one place, I would say something like an older city square with a wall around it, and lots of stone houses and streets. That's kind of important to Enna's house.
For characters, I'm just going to describe Enna. She is 16, with fairly long dirty blond hair that she ties back with a leather headband. She has Amber eyes, and she's probably a bit tan. Enna is mute, but has telepathic abilities. She's a their, but she has strong personal beliefs. She's compassionate and can be fierce if her friends are endangered.
For colors, I definitely want some darker colors in there, but I would like it not to be just black and white, if you can.

Thank you very much!! Also sorry if that was too long or anything.

And now a riddle:
"Throw away the outside, cook the inside, then eat the outside and throw away the inside. What is this?"
Parlez-vous français?

39 Reviews

Reviews: 39
Sun Nov 08, 2015 6:51 pm
LordZeus says...

Well I need a cover for my NaNo novel, but I understand its a busy time, so its okay if you guys are too busy to get to it.

Spoiler! :
Name:Magecraft book 1:Light and Darkness

Plot-to most people, Rajiv Patel isn't someone to bother about. He's an awkward, shy, geeky kid who no one would really talk to. But there is more to him than meets the eye... The fourteen year-old boy has had inside him the spirit of a an ancient Archmage named Arathus ever since he uncovered a mysterious coin from under the ground. The Archmage slumbers most of the time and only rises to complain and help the boy with his homework and tests, as was their agreement. For years this has gone on, but now things start to get weirder. When a vampire attacks a classmate, the worlds of magic and Rajiv meet. Rajiv defeats the vampire with magic, and finds he and the mage are so linked the can harness his magical energies. However this is not as fun as he thinks. After he saves his friend, the order of mages that Arathus once led that still exists secretly in the modern day captures him and sends him to a far away brutal mage school where he must prove himself..or die. But that's not the end of his problems, as with the help of Archmage Arathus, he uncovers a dangerous plot that threatens the safety of the universe and everyone in it...

MC-Rajiv Patel, a geeky kid. He usually wears a hoodie, or a long wizard's cloak if the cover is set when he is in the school, t shirt, jeans and sneakers. He's Indian as I'm sure you've made out from the name with light brown, perhaps tanned looking skin. His hair is short and black and his eyes are black too.
If you need a place, then perhaps an old fortress would do best, which is what the school will resemble. Oh and it is also near a cliff, over which they throw those apprentices whom they find weak. Oh and he could hold hold a magic staff which he would be using at the school, like a wooden one with a jewel or the carved head of an animal at the top.

Genre-Fantasy

Please tell me if you need any more info. Thanks in advance!

P.S. Oh ya, the riddle. Here it is:
It has no doors, openings, key or lid, yet golden treasure inside is hid. What is it?

107 Reviews

Reviews: 107
Wed Jan 20, 2016 1:33 am
EverStorm says...

Hey! I would like a cover!

Title: Protect Miku
Plot: Jonas goes to Tokyo to work as a guard in the Imperial Palace. He is charged with protecting Princess Miku. She runs away with a man named Katashi and gets captured. Jonas saves her and takes her back to San Diego, where he can protect her better.
Characters: Jonas is 5'6 so not terribly tall. He has dark brown hair and green eyes. He has a regular build for a 17 year old. He has a tattoo on his bicep that is Japanese for protection. It is black. Looks like this

保護

Miku is short about 5'0. She is thin and has long black hair. She is Japanese.

Place: Tokyo, at the Imperial Palace. It is huge and has lots of foliage. Lots of gardens and traditional Japanese Architecture.

Aaaaand now for my riddle. (got this from a book I read once XD )

What's green and red and goes round and round and round?

And another riddle:
You hear my voice but I say no words
You see me not, only my works
What am I?

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Wed Jan 20, 2016 2:59 am
nykolasandrews says...

Hey. I'm not here for a request right now because I have so much to figure out so much about my story before I even try describing it... Unless you'd be willing to do more than one cover for me ;w; gahhh

Anyway, I just wanted to say that I like your covers so far, and I'd like to know the engine you use for making them.

Also, I think you could play around with transparency effects. Just a suggestion c:

Another thing, I have a riddle that I have no clue the answer to, and I really wanna know, so I'm gonna post it here:

Why is a mouse when he swims?
"What might seem to be a series of unfortunate events may in fact be the first steps of a journey." -Lemony Snicket

"But I must admit I miss you quite terribly. The world is too quiet without you nearby." -Lemony Snicket

-Nyk

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 23, 2016 2:58 pm
TheCrimsonLady says...

When a couple of days ends up equaling a few months, you know your life has gone truly haywire.

So, ah.... I want to apologise to everyone who posted here and never got a cover. I'll be working on alllll of those today, so be on the lookout for yours! They'll most likely be done by 12:00 am, GMT.

@Falconer @LordZeus @EverWinter @Lylas @Hattable @DiskElemental @Storygirl95

Yeah. Sorry if I missed anyone, but I'll get to your cover.

Also, in response to @nykolasandrews:
I've done more than one cover for one person before, but I'd rather not do it for the same novel.
I realized that myself about the transparency effects, and plan to use it more soon.
And finally, I use Microsoft Word.
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

212 Reviews

Reviews: 212
Sat Jan 23, 2016 5:06 pm
View Likes
TheCrimsonLady says...

Alright, here's what I have so far. I'll edit the rest in as I finish them.

@Storygirl95
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8UGH ... sp=sharing

@Lylas
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8UGH ... sp=sharing

@Hattable
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Bz8UGH ... /view?usp=

So, I'm burnt out for today. Expect the rest tomorrow, though!
Let the blood pour down in rivers as the world burns.

141 Reviews

Reviews: 141
Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:49 pm
Hattable says...

THANKS RORA, THAT'S AWESOME.
"I remember I posted Klingon and it made the mods super hard" -Willard

Prok once said something about Nate and apple pie. I forget the context.

42 Reviews

Reviews: 42
Sat Jan 23, 2016 11:17 pm
Storygirl95 says...

@QueenOfHearts that's so cool! :D :D
I love you!
Johnny was a chemist's son but Johnny is no more, for what Johnny thought was H2O was H2SO4. :wink:

It's been many years since I had such an exemplary vegetable.
— Mr Collins, Pride and Prejudice