z

Young Writers Society

Night's Artistic Imaginings

440 Reviews

Reviews: 440
Wed Nov 11, 2015 11:51 pm
View Likes
Wolfi says...

Oh man, that tiger fish!!!! <3333 I love that concept so much, and it's a splendid illustration, as is the skull and that hot moon guy! These are my favorite so far, Night! I can't wait to see that tiger fish finished! I love the look on his face and the shading...
John 14:27:
Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you.
I do not give to you as the world gives.
Do not let your hearts be troubled
and do not be afraid.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Thu Nov 12, 2015 1:53 am
Sonder says...

Thanks so much, @Wolfie36! :D I'll be sure to post the tigerfish when it's finished! ^-^
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 1:14 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

More stuff! I did this quick watercolor this weekend, maybe a half hour went into it. I'd like to make a bigger, more detailed version of it later, but I had to jot down the image in my head. :P I tried to use table salt for detail on the purple (inspired by @Wolfie36) but it wasn't large enough and didn't work very well. I'll try rock salt next time.

This is an unfinished charcoal piece I'm making for my grandma's Christmas gift. My grandpa passed away nine years ago from ALS, so I wanted to make a picture that shows the two of them happy and young. They had just started dating in this picture. I think she'll like it. :)

It's based off of this:
Spoiler! :
~Thoreau

440 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 3:52 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

You tried it!!! :D The details and shading in that simple watercolor are very impressive, such as with the ear and the lips. You're becoming a watercolor pro!

And man, I love the charcoal picture of your grandparents!! They look so happy and young. It's coming along very nicely!
and do not be afraid.

254 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:58 am
Sonder says...

Aww, thanks so much @Wolfie36. You're too kind. :3
~Thoreau

663 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 663
Fri Nov 20, 2015 9:25 pm
Messenger says...

Oooh I love the tiger fish. Also, the couple picture is a really sweet,kind gift to make. Hey, so I have an animal hybrid in mind that would be cool to seen draw ....

254 Reviews

Fri Nov 20, 2015 10:49 pm
Sonder says...

@Messenger Thanks! I'm not really taking commissions, but you can PM me your idea if you want. :)
~Thoreau

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:37 am
View Likes
xv0nillaWriterx says...

Nightcrawler wrote:Finally, I reached my most recent art. XD These are from my current pastels class, and I've only taken two classes so far. I love the color aspect, though. It's a whole new way of thinking.

This guy was from a Nat Geo article or something, he had just jumped into a frozen lake. I tried the rough side of the paper (still not sure how I feel about it) and for my first shot at pastels, I think I did well. :)

Work-in-progress pastel portrait from last night! This is a boy from the Wodaabe tribe in the Central African Republic, painted and decorated for a tribal ceremony. The white is where I'm going to put his rainbow necklaces and other jewelry. Because I'm not done with this one yet, I may either replace this later on, or make a new post? We'll see.

But there! I'm finally caught up to present day. I probably have a bunch more in my sketchbook, but they aren't as finished as some of these and I'm lazy. XD Hope you guys enjoy what I have so far! Let me know what you think! :)
I really love all your drawing. I was going to aspect one picture but more! And all of them is cool. I like the one a girl standing in a piece of grass or island and holding a sign about God loves Me and You! One day you should be a artist! HAPPY DRAWING!!!

254 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:40 am
Sonder says...

@xv0nillaWriterx Haha, thank you! I hope to be an artist someday. :P
~Thoreau

440 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:52 am
View Likes
Wolfi says...

I had always assumed the NatGeo guy (with that amazing nose I can't get over), at least, was oil pastel.
and do not be afraid.

254 Reviews

Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:58 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Nope, @Wolfie36! I did it with pretty muted colors and on the textured side of the paper, though, so I can see how you thought that. :)
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:07 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

Felt like painting with my grandma today, so I did a watercolor self-portrait. The picture I was using was at a strange angle, so I'm not sure how much it looks like me, but I like it anyway. :)
~Thoreau

31 Reviews

Reviews: 31
Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:11 am
View Likes
KaiTheGreater says...

So much amazings. <3
Formerly DragonLily and RoseAndThorn

254 Reviews

Sat Nov 28, 2015 2:21 am
Sonder says...

Thanks, @dragonlily. <3
~Thoreau

254 Reviews

Wed Dec 02, 2015 3:36 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

So I started on my choir exam...which is art. XD We make art to portray one of the songs we're singing, and since we're singing Mary Did You Know?, I chose to draw Mary. It's not done yet, but I like her so far. :)

~Thoreau

Time is not your best friend - unless you use it wisely.
— Marco Pierre White