Young Writers Society

Artworks

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Thu Aug 27, 2015 1:32 am
View Likes
mephistophelesangel says...

Hey guys! Really long time no see!

So, the past month consisted of me being driven insane.

Not literally, thank God, but very darn close. I had so many things to do and so little time to do it, I was getting an average of 3 hrs of sleep per night. So today is a day in which I am slightly less busy, but still rushing to get everything finished before the next sun rises.

If any of you were generous enough to wait for my next drawing, here's one. Although it's pretty bad, I must admit, it's something!

First of all - yes, the sketch. If you have been watching this thread, you should be familiar with my process of things.

Then the outline on the sketch. If you noticed, the outlines are not just black but colored differently according to which part of the body is being worked on.

Just the outline. Don't fret, the eyes will come in later to fill the creepy void.

Some colors! Finally!

And some God-awful shading. Forgive me.

The rose is getting some action.

And finished!

Here's a better version, with the special effects. My life saver.

(This was drawn for @steampowered. Thank you so much for waiting this long!)
(If I owe you something, don't worry, I have not forgotten and it keeps me up at night, chewing on my nails in hysterics. Please, please generously have patience on me.)

94 Reviews

Fri Sep 04, 2015 11:02 pm
View Likes

So this is just a short notice.

I'm going to stop posting the individual pictures of my drawing progress : it takes too much time and space, and it lags terribly. So (hoping that I'm allowed to do this) from now on I'm going to post links to my (kind of) youtube channel instead, (and also the final product!) which will consist of a fast-forwarded video of my entire drawing progress!

I hope that this will benefit everyone better ;)

94 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:19 am
View Likes

Following my notice a few minutes ago... here you go!

This is a story-artwork that I drew for my own story (shocker)! I'll just go over the general summary of the story just to get you a glimpse of what this artwork is about.

Dan's the guy in this drawing. He gets into a huge car accident, and he gets brain damage. Although it is obvious that he has some sort of damage to his brain, the symptoms he shows don't quite fit in with what should be happening in case of a severe brain damage. Confused, the doctors finally decide that for some reason, Dan has retreated into his own mind.

But not everything is as it seems (cliche!), when Dan reveals to a friend that the doesn't have brain damage after all.

And finally, the title : 11-79 on Route 54
(11-79 is a police code for something like, there's a car accident and an ambulance is going there.

... Okay, that's the 'brief' story summary. Let's get to the art!

Here's the final product :

The video will be posted later on another reply!

94 Reviews

Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:31 am
View Likes

And here's a book cover (title : Shadowling) that was requested by @steampowered!

Same as the post above : the progress video will be probably posted on another reply with the 11-79 one.

Here's the final product! You can also see it on steam's wall.

94 Reviews

Mon Sep 14, 2015 2:19 am
View Likes

Hey guys!

So this will be an update of another artwork in a very long time (it's a school project, nearly drove me insane), as well as an announcement that goes out specifically to @Halfbloodcheetah .

Announcements first, sorry!

So, Halfbloodcheetah! Do not fret, your request is nearly done. I had first presumed that I'd be able to finish it within the Labor Day weekend, but then it turns out that I lost my touch over the years on drawing animals. So I had to piece in the drawing bit here and there between the school days and tests and homework and whatnot.

It'll be probably done in a couple of days if not just a couple more. I'm really sorry that this took so long.

Now, let's get down to some artsy business.

And well well well, look at what the heck I'm doing.

For privacy reasons and all, I don't think that I'll be able to update the youtube videos. So here is what'll happen : I'm going to delete that youtube video notice and post the progress pictures instead on the... last two drawings, was it? Well, yeah. I'm sorry, again, if any of you actually were anticipating the videos.

So here you go, another drawing with the progress with it! As mentioned above, this is a school project and drove me half crazy. I based it on the House of the Scorpion, which was a pretty good read(-again) despite my age now.

At first there was darkness.

Then there was the sketch! And no, the thing on the head is not dung.

Then -- well BOOM

THEN BOOM AGAIN!
Just El Patron being Mr. Creepy McCreeperon.

No annoying sketch in the background.

Ha. Ha. Hahahahahahaha.

The scorpion get shadows. Because it's awesome. Shadows.

And the dreaded red light! Not sure how that one worked out, though.

Finally, the final product with a special effect. If nothing looks different...

... shh, go to sleep.

Well that's it, folks! I'll see you later with Halfbloodcheetah's request, probably. And I'll have to fix up the previous two posts, too. Add in the progress photos and all.

I really, really do appreciate feedbacks! I have hardly gotten any since I began posting here and I'd love to hear anybody's opinion :)

I will call them my people, which were not my people; and her beloved, which was not beloved.
— Romans 9:25