z

Young Writers Society

Artworks

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:06 pm
View Likes
mephistophelesangel says...

So I just randomly decided to post drawings of mine that are inspired by my books and many other things! Because one of these takes at least a day, I'll be posting pictures at random long intervals. They're probably not very good, and I always appreciate feedbacks!
Last edited by mephistophelesangel on Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

94 Reviews

Wed Jul 15, 2015 5:12 pm
View Likes

First one! (hides)

Book : The Gray Faults

Character : Samuel Teal

From this :

To this :

To this :

To this :

To... this... :

To this :

And FINALLY the finished drawing.

Last edited by mephistophelesangel on Thu Jul 16, 2015 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

94 Reviews

Thu Jul 16, 2015 5:01 pm
View Likes

Yet another one! This one feels like a total mess-up, and I would love some feedbacks on it!

Title : The Faded (or Soul's Decay)

Character : Abel Snow

So I started from this sketch, which is very messy, as you can see:

Then began to add some details... :

And more details... :

Even... more... :

Finally, some progress here :

And just the outline.

And may there be color!

And may there also be shading! Which looks quite awful, by the way.

More shading! More bad shadings!

See, I got too excited with the hair.

And the snow gets some shading, too. Although it looks nothing like snow.

More snow shading... Have patience, we're almost done!...

Let there be shadows. Believe it or not - in the book, the shadows and Abel are very good friends.

And finally...

Done! (two different backgrounds)

_____

Ooookay, now that looks even more like a mess! But I would still love comments and feedbacks!

94 Reviews

Sat Jul 18, 2015 2:22 pm
View Likes

I'm back with yet another one! It took something like 4 hours to work on, and by midnight I was absolutely drained. I also feel like this is something I got too excited with and messed up. It is my first attempt with drawing anything related with fire whatsoever, and I do really need some feedbacks on this one.

Starting with this sad rough sketch :

And adding more details on to that sad sketch :

Some actual progress... :

Just mentioning this now, but the layers were seriously messed up with this one. Sorry... :

Let there be color. Bad colors. I have no idea... :

And some bad shading.

More bad shading. As mentioned before, I got too excited on the hair. I always get too excited with the hair...

In my personal opinion, that is the best tunic I have ever colored. Probably because I never did one before.

Some orange/yellow/red tint to the skin. Because who doesn't love that.

Finally the finished product! I'm really unsure about this one, would really appreciate some comments/feedbacks.

94 Reviews

94 Reviews

Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:03 pm
View Likes

Back for one more, then I'm absolutely taking a break! Guhhhhhhhhh. This was an absolute PAIN to draw.

This isn't from a book, actually, but a very random inspiration. Hope you enjoy!

First the bad sketch :

And a little more bad sketch :

This is the outline, but can't really see it...

Just the outline!

Color. I love color. If only it didn't look so weird.

Shading! Hopefully it's not too bad!

Hair! I got too excited on it, actually...

Finally the wings. First wings on my graphic tablet ever. Guhhhhhhhh, they look bad!

10 Reviews

Reviews: 10
Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:47 pm
View Likes
Impossible says...

Wow. You are seriously talented.
What if I fall and hurt myself, would you know how to fix me? What if I went and lost myself, would you know where to find me? If I forgot who I am, would you please remind me, because without you things go hazy.

94 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:04 pm

@Impossible Thank you for your compliment! :D

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:06 pm
View Likes
Zolen says...

Hm, if I give some thoughts on your stuff would you give some on my recent stuff? If not meh, either way. Going to focus only on flaws that I see, I am not saying anything is bad, just trying to bring flaws I see to your attention.

picture 1: Wonderful hair detailing, awkward pose with disproportionate arms. I suggest you do more to outline the nose details. The detail you are putting into the shirt is at odds with the skin, making a weird contrast of detail levels. You need to work on your horizon line understanding, the thumbs should not be shrinking like that. There is no direction to the lighting, it looks like he is being perfectly lit in all directions. That is possible but does not make sense to the final draft image.

picture 2: Jaw line seems to be going too far back, the jaw eventually levels out with the neck, even in fit people it will stop when the jaw stops, you made it look like it it just keeps going far past where the jaw bone would end. Unless we are looking at him from a angle his collar line should not be doing what its doing. The rest of your proportions imply we are looking directly at his side. Again no signs of where the light is coming from. It looks like he is being perfectly lit at all angles. Personally I think you made the line work for those wounds far too thick, almost all the detail you originally put in that arm is gone replaced it a over done mess of red. But that's just my preference.

picture 3: I really like it, no real noticeable flaws I see worth pointing out.

picture 4: Glorious hair. Awkward arm and hand posing. The body shouldn't be posed like that if his hands and arms are like that. You are really good at hair texturing. Feather texturing however, it looks a bit too washed out. You need more definers I think.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

94 Reviews

Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:22 pm

@Zolen Thank you for the feedback! All of your critiques were very helpful and let me see in detail what I could fix. Really, thank you so much. I'll do my best to go look at your works! It'll probably be tomorrow or later today.

Random avatar

Reviews: 131
Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:29 am
View Likes
DukeofWonderland says...

I think these are marvellous <3 . <3

What on earth do you use for the sketching?
"The duke had a mind that ticked like a clock and, like a clock, it
regularly went cuckoo."
-- Terry Pratchett, "Wyrd Sisters"

94 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:03 pm
View Likes

@DukeofWonderland Thank you so much!

When sketching in Artrage (the program I used for all of these paintings), I usually make two layers first. In the bottom layer, I use the pencil tool with a light color and do the rough sketch. In the top layer, I use a darker colored pencil tool (still) and add more details before outlining! :)

94 Reviews

Tue Jul 21, 2015 2:14 pm
View Likes

I'm back with another artwork! Sorry if this is a bit disturbing, but this one actually has a story behind it.

A good friend of mine requested that she wanted a drawing done of her dog playing in the rain, out on a field. I tried to draw it for so many hours that by my 7th attempt (at 1 am) I was pretty sure I had anger management problems. So, before throwing my tablet across the room, I thought : Why not draw her something else... that's related?

So here it is. It is a representation of what I felt like while attempting and failing to draw a dog playing in the rain.

I sort of experimented with this one. I didn't do an outline, just the color then shading. Pretty sure it turned out presentable only because all the colors were grayscale...

Okay, enough rambling!

The sketch, of course! Can never forget the sketch.

More details!

And the final product! Yes, sorry, it's just three pictures...

So there it is : the product of pure frustration! I like to call it 'Guhh'. Lovely title, I know.

See you later with another drawing!

94 Reviews

Tue Jul 28, 2015 9:51 pm
View Likes

Hey guys! I'm sorry that this isn't a new drawing, but I just thought to tell you that I probably won't be drawing for a while now. Not like months, but more like a week or so. I'm so busy that I can't even get on my computer once a day.

Sorry, again! See you with another drawing next time!

Reviews: 0
Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:52 pm
TheHangedMan says...

Hi! I just saw your drawings and I want to say that they're really cool! I'll def. wait for another drawing, seems like it'd be worth it

Democracy! Bah! When I hear that word I reach for my feather Boa!
— Allen Ginsburg