z

Young Writers Society

Sepia

382 Reviews

Reviews: 382
Thu May 28, 2015 6:51 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I've finally have the time and material to do something that I have been meaning to do for so long. So 8)

I use my mobile phone. Almost anything will look cooler if you add the right filter and Sepia is my favourite. I'm not a big fan of colours. Colours are a manipulative concept. I think Sepia gives a perspective and a story without being vivid and elaborative.I also think that it gives importance to what’s there without distracting and asking for an interpretation. They are just there blunt and wallow.

I'd like to start of with something familiar.

Note: If the links don't work, please do notify me, thank you kindly.
Attachments
roller coaster.jpg
Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

382 Reviews

Thu May 28, 2015 7:02 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I almost immediately untied my obsession with Sepia and tried to capture the colours on my brother's advice. I couldn't understand colours so I thought I should go one at a time.
Attachments
tulsi.jpg
Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
If any person raises his hand to strike down another on the ground of religion, I shall fight him till the last breath of my life, both as the head of the Government and from outside- Jawaharlal Nehru.

382 Reviews

Thu May 28, 2015 7:04 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

On my way to the college. #ManAtWork
Attachments
man@work.jpg
Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Fri May 29, 2015 5:42 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

Love these <3
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

382 Reviews

Fri May 29, 2015 7:42 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Thirumal and his Adiseshan

Last edited by Dreamy on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:39 am, edited 4 times in total.

346 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 346
Fri May 29, 2015 12:33 pm
Pretzelstick says...

YAY! I know photo editing on my iPhone, although the better quality pictures come out on my Mother's professional Nikon camera. Sepia is always so pretty, but I like to play with all of the options(like color,sharpness,brightness,effect,etc.) before I post anything.

~~~~~~~~
With that being said, what is that picture above me?
A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads only lives once
~George R. Martin

Life isn't about finding yourself; it's about recreating yourself. ~George B. Shaw

got yws?

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Fri May 29, 2015 2:43 pm
View Likes
ScarlettFire says...

These are amazing, @Dreamy. Is that last one an altar or something in a temple? It kinda looks like one to me. *tilts head to the side* Anyhow, that last one is my favourite. <3
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Fri May 29, 2015 5:24 pm
View Likes
Dutiful says...

Guuurrllll these look pretty amazaang you know 8)

Keep posting bby :*
“And by the way, everything in life is writable about if you have the outgoing guts to do it, and the imagination to improvise. The worst enemy to creativity is self-doubt.”
― Sylvia Plath

382 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2015 9:10 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

@Pretzelsing iPhone! Hm, I sure am curious about how the settings in it varies from others. I usually just use the filters. I think Sharpness and Brightness is a whole different concept and I don't work well with them. The picture above is a perfect example, I could have played with the brightness and showed the beauty of that posture but I guess the cobwebs were far more interesting than the wooden carving. :P

@ScarlettFire : It's a wooden carving of an alter Lord Vishnu or Thirumal(Gods are known by different names in different parts of the country) in a old broken chariot. I'm sure you know what a chariot is. Usually, the chariots were used by the Kings and Gods as a mode of transportation. These chariots are made up of wood, from top to bottom. If you take a closer look into these chariots, the top, the inside, the pillars are all carved of the king's deeds or of the God's avatars depending on whose it belongs to. This particular image is from one small corner of the chariot that was reachable. Chariots can be really huge, even as tall as a building.

So, it's Lord Vishu resting on a coiled seven-headed serpent Adishesha(sometimes thousand headed) with his Consort Lakshmi who is seen massaging his feet.

@Deanie :Thank you. <3

@Dutiful :Thank you, bby. :*

382 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2015 9:16 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

This looked really good on my mobile but on here I'm not very sure. xD I call it the crying tree. Usually, my friends and I sit under tree to snack. :3
Attachments
crying tree.jpg
Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 3:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

382 Reviews

Sat May 30, 2015 9:20 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

I'm all about the street arts. And the writing pretty much said about me. :3

Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat May 30, 2015 10:47 am
View Likes
Apricity says...

<3 These are awesome.
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

382 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:19 am
Dreamy says...

@Flite Thank you. :D

382 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:46 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

#solarenergy
Attachments
solar.jpg
solar.jpg (10.43 KiB) Viewed 130 times
Last edited by Dreamy on Sun Feb 14, 2016 5:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

382 Reviews

Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:48 am
View Likes
Dreamy says...

Conservation

Last edited by Dreamy on Mon Feb 15, 2016 10:41 am, edited 4 times in total.

Writing is like love: the real thing is a lot less romantic
— dragonfphoenix