z

Young Writers Society

Think and Wonder, Wonder and Think: Creativity Craze!

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:02 am
LadySpark says...

The Creativity Craze!

The Creativity Craze is when you find something in your life so inspiring, you photograph it and then you post about it in this thread, sometimes coupled with a short poem/story description to go with it!

Even if you're not participating, like your favorites, because fan favorites get cool badges!

Find inspiration in every part of your life and you'll see the negativity slip away.

All You have to do is 1. photograph your inspiration, 2. upload it somewhere so you may post it in this thread (imgur, weheartit, google plus etc etc) 3. write about it, 4. like your favorite posts on this thread!

Be who you are and say what you mean, because those who mind, don't matter, and those who matter don't mind.

Check out the entire event information here!
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

802 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 802
Wed Apr 15, 2015 11:57 pm
View Likes
Dracula says...

After reading this, some may tell me to get glasses, but some will be inspired (I hope)!

I arrived home from school in the afternoon and reached into my bag to grab my diary so I could find out what homework needed to be done. I gasped, my heart thumping (I was really dramatic, k?) for the diary was not there! I tipped my bag upside down and out came my novel, a few notebooks, my drink bottle and my pencil case. BUT NO DIARY!! I felt like I was in a horror movie, my diary must have been left at school to get trampled on by crazy children and destroyed by the elements.

After having a little panic attack, I wrote down a list of all my subjects and was able to recall my homework that way. In my mind, I prayed a little prayer and asked for a miracle... I asked God to return my diary to my bag.

I checked my bag that evening and there was no diary. I checked my bag in the morning and there was no diary. I walked into the classroom as quietly as possible, trying not to attract attention so I could delay telling my teacher I had lost my diary. I gently placed my school bag on the table and unzipped it. ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZIP! No!

"Good morning, Jasmine," my teacher said. I choked out a reply and began pulling my things out of my bag. And then... *dramatic music* I pulled out my DIARY!!!!!!!!!

God had granted me a little miracle and I was seriously so grateful. The moral of the story: TRUST!!

Okay, I hope you're inspired. :D
I bought a cactus. A week later it died. I got depressed because I thought Damn, I am less nurturing than a desert.
-Demetri Martin

257 Reviews

Reviews: 257
Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:04 am
View Likes
Tuesday says...

Here is a little something with a hand-written novel, my friends who thought it was wonderful and the stone that they threw at me.

It had started in 7th grade. I had finally decided that it would be time to write the Mutant Goat Baby story that had been floating in my head for a while. I wrote more and more to it, in class and at home, coming up with "plot-twists" and "cliff-hangers". The story, in my 10-year old mind, was perfect with a wonderful with characters named as Sarah and Billi, with Sarah's husband dying and everything making her cry beyond pieces.

Then one day, while sitting in class I was writing the 9th chapter in my story minding my business when my friend decided that the grandest idea was to take this paper away from me and rip it down the middle. She looked at me and said "Pay attention to your friends, Megan. This story was a piece of crap anyway," she had said as my friend let it fall to the floor.

I wasn't going to give up so easily however, since I had the other chapters upon my desk and in that night tried to re-write chapter 9 yet being only in love with what i have wrote I gave up and stuck with Chapter 8.

the next day, i went to school and it was the end of the year where people were crowded together and mostly everyone was telling their friends what they would be doing over summer break. I looked over at my friends and told them that i would be writing then my friend says, behind a sly smile, that she could write "an extra chapter". I being 10 was naive and wanted to be cool. So i handed the paper to her, regretting what i have done.

Within the next year or so, i got the paper back from her yet within the papers was smudged writing, nachos cheese lined against the ends, and at the very end of the pages was something that made me puke; a sex scene. I read it over then looked at my friend, who was smiling that same sly smile the day i gave her the papers. I blew in her face, waving my hands saying why did you do this but in that fury she simply took the papers in my hand and ripped it.

Now, since i am wiser and nonetheless, remember most of the story and now I tell the girl, the one who ripped my papers about the stories I have written and she stands there in shock and would sometimes read it. To this day, we share stories and ideas along with each other..

The main idea of this story is that a bully can be friend til the end.
What does it mean to be brave?

she/they

Remember: when people tell you something’s wrong or doesn’t work for them, they are almost always right. When they tell you exactly what they think is wrong and how to fix it, they are almost always wrong.
— Neil Gaiman