Young Writers Society

Falco's interesting art

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Sun Mar 13, 2016 5:44 am
View Likes
Aley says...

It looks like no one ever gave you tips on hair, so here it goes.

When you're drawing hair, draw the low-light areas, or the shadows, that way you can layer thick color in, and thick shading. You can do a light outline of where you want the hair, but use short strokes to get the idea of loose ends that aren't quite fitting in perfectly.

You should always have one area that's softly connected to the face as well, somewhere that doesn't have a full dark line between the face and the hair, this will help make the hair look like it's not a wig. It is usually somewhere around a temple.

As for your latest project, you've got the angels of the fingers making them look broken. Try taking a picture of your hand and drawing it from that reference. It'll give you a single vantage point. It looks like you've discovered hand anatomy, but you're making everything in the hand look like it's flexed all the time, which isn't always the case. Sometimes the knuckles are going to be softer, and the fingers are going to point and flow rather than dig into things.

If you do quick sketches of the hand in all sorts of positions you'll get a better idea of what works naturally and what doesn't. Use your non-dominant hand for the reference.

498 Reviews

Reviews: 498
Tue Apr 05, 2016 2:41 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Lately in my drawing & painting class, I've been working with oil pastels. This is the final work I did for that unit. (Yes, they are abstract curtains.)
Attachments
image.jpeg
Parlez-vous français?

806 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 806
Tue Apr 05, 2016 9:52 pm
View Likes
Aley says...

Super nicely done!

498 Reviews

Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:07 pm
Que says...

Thanks! And I never did thank you for your earlier advice, but it was very helpful. :)
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:58 am
View Likes
Que says...

Well. This was my stippling self portrait! I wanted to do more, but I used all the time I had. I spent probably a bit over 20 hours on it, 7 or 8 of those being from the past weekend. It's definitely my longest project yet! (And the most painful). It looks better in real life, when you can see it close up and far away, but this will have to do.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Parlez-vous français?

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Apr 20, 2016 5:00 am
View Likes
Rook says...

that looks awesome <3
I like how you incorporated the wire with your glasses c:
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Apr 20, 2016 10:48 am
View Likes
Sonder says...

That's so cool! Your hard work definitely paid off. :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

77 Reviews

Reviews: 77
Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:38 am
View Likes
KaiRyu says...

I must follow you Falconer.... You are AMAZING!!!!! :) :D :o :o :smt003 :smt003 :smt003 :smt003
“So what? You're another person so of course you look different. What do you need to be ashamed for?” Ciel Phantomhive

"Reality is an illusion, the universe is a hologram buy gold bye!" Bill Cipher

498 Reviews

Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:16 pm
View Likes
Que says...

@fortis @Nightcrawler @KaiRyu Awe thank you guys so much! I'm glad you guys like it so much. <3 c:
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Tue May 24, 2016 5:42 pm
View Likes
Que says...

This was my most recently finished project. It is entirely fingerprints! :) It was harder than I thought it would be, but I think it turned out pretty well.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Fingerprint me!
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:17 pm
View Likes
Que says...

Now school is finished, I'm hoping to enter a local competition. Here is a finished watercolor I did near the end of the semester, and the anatomy of a dragon, which was my final project. I don't have a completely finished picture of that, however, because my teacher is keeping it for next year's art show.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Dragon nearly finished
image.jpeg
Dragon beginning
image.jpeg
Watercolor
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Mon Jun 06, 2016 9:19 pm
View Likes
Que says...

The last one is the acrylic, which was my final for another art class. I'm not particularly proud of that one, but then again I've never really gone into acrylics before. Any suggestions on how I could improve that one in particular?
Attachments
image.jpeg
Acrylic!
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Tue Aug 16, 2016 5:22 pm
View Likes
Que says...

I made a drawing of the bird-human hybrid character from the graphic novel my friend and I are creating. It's the first time I've actually put some color technique into a drawing like that, and I'm pretty satisfied with how it turned out.
Attachments
image.jpeg
Aloar!
Parlez-vous français?

498 Reviews

Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:34 pm
View Likes
Que says...

I haven't really worked with ceramics before, but here's something that I made in class! Not entirely accurate, but it still looks cool. :) There is a hole because you're supposed to put a candle in it.
Attachments
File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpeg (46.88 KiB) Viewed 98 times
File_000.jpeg
File_000.jpeg (47.09 KiB) Viewed 98 times
File_000.jpeg
Parlez-vous français?

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Nov 30, 2016 6:50 pm
View Likes
Sonder says...

:O Woww that heart is so so cool! Are you going to paint it? A candle inside would look amazing! You did a great job. :)
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

Hearing these stories makes me realize that I never did anything with my childhood.
— The Internet