z

Young Writers Society

Will do character sketches for nothing

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:51 am
Satira says...

So I've seen these threads around recently and I can't help thinking that we need more of them. Because I love them.
I have my own sort of style that I guess is influenced by...everything, isn't it? Everything I've seen and read and liked( Although it's beginning to look a lot more manga-esque recently). I don't just do appearances, but expression, which I think is extremely underrated.
Example: This is a sketch of my own character, Naz (I've been posting it a lot recently). Image

Image and this is a girl I just drew because she came out of my hand one day and she has no story but she's cute and I like her, so there.

if you want me to do a sketch of your character, you're going to have to give me not only what they look like, but also their personalities. By that, I do not mean a simple fleeting feeling like anger or laughter that you want expressed in the drawing. I mean their personalities. This is so I can make their expression in the image look more like their own. If someone is nervous, they'll actually [img]look[/img] unstable or flighty, or their eyes will dart around.
A deep thinker's eyes look different from a shallow thinker's. A thief's movements differ from a civilian's. A very kind, generous person will be more open-faced, and a shrewd, cunning one will be hard-set. It makes a very, very big difference.

Hope you like how they turn out!
~ Satira
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 am
fight4whatisright says...

Hey! Nice drawings!
Could you do a sketch of my character?
Her name is Alexis. She's 16 years old, tough, athletic body, blue eyes, medium brown hair that is usually pulled back in a pony tail (but down is fine too!). She's smart, a born leader, stubborn, defiant, will fight until the bitter end, and would do anything to protect her family. I hope that's enough info, you can ask me for more!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue May 26, 2015 1:15 am
Satira says...

I'll try my best, @fightforwhatisright ! Although keep in mind that I posted this thread a while ago, and my art style has changed quite a bit since then... :)
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:14 pm
erilea says...

I have a character...
Name: Jasmine (Jaz)
Looks: Blonde hair, black eyes with gold in them. Kind of skinny and average height. A little bit pale but not too much.
Thanks!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

Remember when dad's shoulders were the highest place on earth and your mom was your hero? Race issues were about who ran the fastest, war was only a car game. The most pain you felt was when you skinned your knees, and good byes only meant tomorrow? And we couldn't wait to grow up.
— Unknown