z

Young Writers Society

Will do character sketches for nothing

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Jan 11, 2015 5:51 am
Satira says...

So I've seen these threads around recently and I can't help thinking that we need more of them. Because I love them.
I have my own sort of style that I guess is influenced by...everything, isn't it? Everything I've seen and read and liked( Although it's beginning to look a lot more manga-esque recently). I don't just do appearances, but expression, which I think is extremely underrated.
Example: This is a sketch of my own character, Naz (I've been posting it a lot recently). Image

Image and this is a girl I just drew because she came out of my hand one day and she has no story but she's cute and I like her, so there.

if you want me to do a sketch of your character, you're going to have to give me not only what they look like, but also their personalities. By that, I do not mean a simple fleeting feeling like anger or laughter that you want expressed in the drawing. I mean their personalities. This is so I can make their expression in the image look more like their own. If someone is nervous, they'll actually [img]look[/img] unstable or flighty, or their eyes will dart around.
A deep thinker's eyes look different from a shallow thinker's. A thief's movements differ from a civilian's. A very kind, generous person will be more open-faced, and a shrewd, cunning one will be hard-set. It makes a very, very big difference.

Hope you like how they turn out!
~ Satira
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

32 Reviews

Reviews: 32
Mon May 25, 2015 10:22 am
fight4whatisright says...

Hey! Nice drawings!
Could you do a sketch of my character?
Her name is Alexis. She's 16 years old, tough, athletic body, blue eyes, medium brown hair that is usually pulled back in a pony tail (but down is fine too!). She's smart, a born leader, stubborn, defiant, will fight until the bitter end, and would do anything to protect her family. I hope that's enough info, you can ask me for more!

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Tue May 26, 2015 1:15 am
Satira says...

I'll try my best, @fightforwhatisright ! Although keep in mind that I posted this thread a while ago, and my art style has changed quite a bit since then... :)
"if only, if only,"
the woodpecker sighed,
"the bark on the trees
were as soft as the skies."

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Sat Oct 03, 2015 3:14 pm
erilea says...

I have a character...
Name: Jasmine (Jaz)
Looks: Blonde hair, black eyes with gold in them. Kind of skinny and average height. A little bit pale but not too much.
Thanks!
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

"It suddenly struck me that that tiny pea, pretty and blue, was the Earth. I put up my thumb and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth. I didn't feel like a giant. I felt very, very small."
— Neil Armstrong