Young Writers Society

Deanie's Manga Attempts

1634 Reviews

Reviews: 1634
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:02 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

Hello :D

I used to draw a lot and then school came and all my free time was dedicated to reading, writing or blogging. So drawing kind of fell away. But I have picked it up again and would like to share, even though I know a lot of people don't consider manga to even be art. Anyways, here goes.

This is especially for @Anniebauthor
Trust in God and all else follows.

Deanie, dominating the world since it was cool @Pompadour, 2014
Your username reminds me of a hotdog @Stegosaurus, 2015
Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

1634 Reviews

Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:04 pm
View Likes
Deanie says...

New character! Called Tanya.

Black & White (sketch)

And now in colour...

Tried to make puns out of your username, but every attempt has been Deanied @Candywizard, 2015

83 Reviews

Reviews: 83
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:09 pm
View Likes
EscaSkye says...

Not bad, Deanie~ a bit more practice and you'd get better. :D
Not anymore.

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:19 pm
View Likes
IamTraunt says...

:) hey, Deanie-Bobeanie :3
Being an artistic peep, I'm gonna say that I like these drawings! I love the second one :3 her pose is amazing. I agree with Esca, but I'll have to say, these are good drawings even though you've had a break from practise. I drew manga quite a while ago. I should really get back to it.
Anyway...
Thanks for showing us these ~
Before you judge me...
Make sure you're perfect.

"Good friends, good books, and a sleepy conscience: this is the ideal life.”
― Mark Twain

59 Reviews

Reviews: 59
Tue Oct 21, 2014 10:03 pm
View Likes
SirenCymbaline says...

I think it's better than my first attempts at manga. :) The eyes look great, and the roots in her hair are some good details. It's always good to add texture.

I like the pose as well. Tanya looks great! :3
Bad souls have born better sons, better souls born worse ones -St Vincent

33 Reviews

Reviews: 33
Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:50 am
View Likes
beans says...

Draw! Draw! Keep drawing! :mrgreen: Don't ever let up, even if a super bad guy kidnaps your family and tells you to stop if they must live!

1007 Reviews

Reviews: 1007
Sun Oct 26, 2014 3:18 am
View Likes
TimmyJake says...

YOU DRAW. O_O

Why did you never tell me? They're beautiful. <3
Used to be tIMMYjAKE

1634 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:42 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

So I haven't drawn in a long time but I did some this summer and thought about sharing :P More manga of course. I did an Alice in Wonderland sketch.

So first I decided to draw a child version of Alice in a kneeling cute position. This is the sketch I used to get the form of what the body should look like.

This is the finished result in black and white. I actually like it best in black and white instead of coloured. Wish I'd kept it that way xD

And now with colour!

1634 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:46 am
View Likes
Deanie says...

The second drawing I made was a young adult kind of Alice. She's a teenager, and she is lying down and surrounded by cards and so on. I wanted to have her in a lying position, but not in an easy one. I also wanted to put some more focus on her dress and outfit. So this is the beginning sketch of her body and position.

Then I focused on making her face and her expression. When it comes to manga drawing (the type of art I am best at) I really like the face and hair the most. I put a lot of time into her eyes and hair. I wanted a big and flourishing hairstyle as well.

The next thing I did was work on her dress. I did this before I finished her hair and some other parts of her body because I knew it was going to be the front part of the picture. Her hair would fall behind her dress, and her legs were underneath it, so I felt like doing what was going to be a forward focus first. I put a lot of time and detail into the dress, and that took me more than an hour to get finished and right! I looked at a lot of Alice in Wonderland pictures to know what kind of dress design I wanted as well.

Afterwards it was time to put in her legs and and arms. Once I did that I got to out a lot of time and effort into her hair which again, took me quite a while. Usually Alice is wearing trainers or simple shoes, but my Alice is cool, so she is wearing books with have a space-themed kind of design. She's also holding the pocket watch in one hand and a bottle of something labelled 'eat me' in the other. Don't ask me how she is supposed to eat something that comes out of a bottle - I don't think I was thinking too carefully when I added in that detail.

Finished the background as the next time! She is now surrounded by lots of flying cards. I challenged myself to make one or two of them Queens and Jokers where you could actually identify them. I had a bit of fun with that. This was quickly turning out to be one of my best drawings, so I put time into it.

I took some "finished" photos and close ups at this stage because this was a favourite drawing of mine and I wasn't sure about adding colour to it... but I did in the end, as you'll see in the last picture.

This is the final drawing with some colour to it as well! I colour with colouring pencils, so the most fun I had with this was trying to add in lots of shades to her hair, and decided to make the dress white for the most part, with some darker colours mixed in there.

494 Reviews

Reviews: 494
Thu Nov 12, 2015 7:09 am
View Likes
Holysocks says...

These are awesome! I especially love the last one. c:
100% autistic

279 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 279
Thu Nov 12, 2015 11:14 am
View Likes
Steggy says...

These are amazing :o I love the last one, especially :)
You are like a blacksmith's hammer, you always forge people's happiness until the coal heating up the forge turns to ash. Then you just refuel it and start over. -Persistence (2015)

You have so much potential and love bursting in you. -Omnom

1634 Reviews

Thu Nov 12, 2015 4:28 pm
Deanie says...

Thank you both <3

I am deeply disturbed by your ability to meow.
— Carina