z

Young Writers Society

I draw sometimes, too

71 Reviews

Reviews: 71
Wed Aug 13, 2014 9:52 am
View Likes
windrattlestheblinds says...

i rarely finish anything, tho. have a timeline!

this is the oldest thing on my computer because prior to that i (a) didn't have a scanner and (b) never finished anything. did it with a mechanical pencil and a bunch of paper towels xD it's from, like, 2011.

this is from august two years ago and the first time i ever did wonderland: a new alice fanart. i didn't know how to shade faces properly yet, ignore the face pls

did this last november after seeing then she fell, which is an AMAZING immersive theatre experience based on alice in wonderland. this is, obviously, the hatter, who's the closest thing TSF has to a narrator, albeit one who speaks strictly in riddles and insults.

then in late november-january i took a break to play around with less paint-y styles...

...by drawing the hatter. per usual. because she's my baby. i adore her amoral megalomaniac self so much i'll even draw hands for her. ^__^

aaaand more TSF, this time from february. in order left to right, the hatter, the red queen, the white queen, and the white rabbit. i ship them all really hard okay

this is a sketch of my grandma that i did after she passed away this spring. i was still in school and couldn't make the funeral, so i did this instead.

and this is the most recent (half) finished thing on my hd! it's from like a month ago. just a quick sketchy shading exercise that i didn't really bother to finish *properly*. i like it anyway.

(p.s. it is a complete—although amusing—coincidence that my two big alice in wonderland-related fandoms feature lady hatters with red hair. xD)

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:33 am
Blackwood says...

These are really amazing. Your ability at faces and expressions are impressive.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

73 Reviews

Reviews: 73
Wed Aug 13, 2014 10:50 am
Zontafer says...

Wow, you're really good! o.o
"If you're going through hell, keep going."
- Winston Churchill

933 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 933
Wed Aug 13, 2014 6:53 pm
Iggy says...

I love them!
“I can't go back to yesterday because I was a different person then."
- Lewis Carroll

71 Reviews

Thu Aug 21, 2014 5:07 pm
View Likes

thanks, friends! :3

so i did this last night. it's the hatter (...obviously) and alice of wonderland: a new alice and ALSO the first time i've finished a thing with alice in it. (her hair intimidates me. a lot.)
Last edited by windrattlestheblinds on Thu Aug 21, 2014 9:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

233 Reviews

Reviews: 233
Thu Aug 21, 2014 8:36 pm
Cithara says...

*is in awe*
Pax in Christo

"My heart is racing even as I write,
but I plan to go on as bravely as a heroine in a
novel."~The Hired Girl

I used to be Thewriter13

71 Reviews

Sun Sep 21, 2014 9:05 am
View Likes

this thing took over my life for the last two days.
aaand then she fell!hatter has officially joined the ranks of characters i'm willing to draw hands for.
i hate drawing hands. i hate shading hands. how do they work.
on the other hand look at that jacket sleeve i'm so pleased with how that turned out.
some in progress shots and a (piece of) the final product. (the final product is a wallpaper and thus enormous)

ETA: oh yeah and i binge-watched legend of korra for the first time recently and ming hua.

120 Reviews

Reviews: 120
Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:37 pm
Brunnera says...

Your works are fantastic! *O* I love the work of your grandmother. She's beautiful, and you art is marvellous.

71 Reviews

Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:23 am
View Likes

thanks! :D

there is a very real chance i'm going to get to go back to then she fell this december, so... i'm planning on drawing a thing and getting it printed out nicely on good cardstock and stuff so i can give it to them if/when i do! to that end, i've been scribbling.

still need to fit in two other alices and lewis carroll. and figure out a background. but. ot4!

this about a third of the actual canvas; it's the hugest file i've ever done—12"x16" and a printer-grade resolution so it'll actually look decent as a poster (that's what that grid is for, btw—keeping an idea of scale while scribbling at 100% zoom).

and i am never drawing the lace on the red queen's sleeve EVER AGAIN

oh, and the picture of hatter that i posted last time actually looks like it's supposed to now, i've been fiddling with it since then (+ i'll probably give them a print of this one too):

ETA: no room for lewis carroll, as it turns out.

71 Reviews

Thu Oct 09, 2014 6:03 am
View Likes

so the thing is coming along.

also, i recently re-discovered the brushes app on my phone.

71 Reviews

Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:05 am
View Likes

...i've done a ridiculous amount of drawing since the last time i logged in here. oops?

let's see...

(this is one of the things i ended up giving to the then she fell people)

(so is this)

(this was the hatter i saw at tsf round two; she was fantastic)

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:34 am
Rook says...

These are fantastic!
Keep up the good work!
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

It always seems impossible until it's done.
— Nelson Mandela