Fantabulous Book Covers & Other Randomness

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Mon Jul 28, 2014 10:13 am
View Likes
therealme says...

All of my designs are FREE OF CHARGE!

Book Covers
So I like designing book covers, and I do it for nearly all my books. My method is simply this:
1. I hunt through pictures on the internet, finding the best images (I'm a perfectionist).
2. I download those images.
3. Using Adobe Photoshop CS5.1, I gather the selected pictures and collage them into a book cover, adding effects, text and other pretty things.
4. Once finished, I convert the final product into an image file.

Here are some previous examples of book cover designs for my own novels as well as others:
Spoiler! :

... And Other Randomness!

Character Designs
I can design characters in stories using Photoshop. Also, if you've found a picture on the internet that you think looks like your character - apart from maybe the hair colour - you can throw me a link or send me the image asking me to change something of it (in this case the hair colour).

Once again here are a couple images. The first image is how it was before, and the second is after I played with it and changed a few things.
Spoiler! :
Before:
After:

This is pretty straightforward. Once again I'll be using Photoshop to design and/or add text if needed.

Text Collage
Finding letters on the internet as well as using regular Microsoft fonts and Photoshop texts I can create fairly original and themed words. Here are some I've created recently:
Spoiler! :

Miscellanies
I can pretty much doing everything else! xD
The Green Team (Salsa Verde) from the Copa do Revisao Review Day would have seen this design for the team:
Spoiler! :

So yeah :) Let me know what you want and I'll try and help!
"It is our Light, not our darkness, that most frightens us."

260 Reviews

Reviews: 260
Tue Jul 29, 2014 7:43 am
TriSARAHtops says...

Oooh, could you make one for my novel Eight Reasons Why I Kissed Hayden Beaufort (link's there if you want to read it to get an idea for the style or story kind of stuff).
It's modern setting, teen fiction and with a strong music element to it.
So, yeah, if you'd make one that'd be brilliant. If you need to know any more about it let me know. :-)
if we wait until we're ready
we'll be waiting
for the rest of our lives

277 Reviews

Reviews: 277
Mon Jan 11, 2016 10:30 pm
Charm says...

Hi!
I would love it if you could create a book cover for my novel, New Haven. Here is the link to the first chapter: New Haven: Chapter 1: Waves

I like pastels and soft colors. I want a lot of emotion to be shown. I want it to look drawn like this:
phpBB [media]

here is the link to the image: http://pic.prepics-cdn.com/4624354652a61/50339722.png

Excerpt
Blue stared into brown and brown stared into blue.
"I'm alive." She spoke, softly. The words barely drifted off her lips. There was a certain darkness in her voice, it ripped and tore at her from the inside, eating up all the light. The years and months of hoping, the nerve he had. But she wanted him even though she knew it would never be the same.

Synopsis
Eloise Lewis, a young high school girl is pushed back to her old town, New Haven to attend the famous boarding school, Ellington Academy. Attending the academy has been a family tradition for generations. But returning for Eloise, means facing the past she had been running from for years. When she gets to Ellington Academy exactly what she feared happened, she met her old best friend, Gabriel again. They both had changed since the last time they saw each other. Eloise learns that change is not always for the best, going against what her mother always said. Eloise has to decide whether meeting him again is fate or a curse while dealing with high school drama.

Thanks so much! :D

Why does the Air Force need expensive new bombers? Have the people we've been bombing over the years been complaining?
— George Wallace