Young Writers Society

Rhiasofia's random art

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:23 am
View Likes
Lumi says...

I'm partial to the sketch most among the last three images. Whether or not it was intentional, the unfinished shading on the forehead, chin, etc. almost seems like she's missing skin, and that you're instead seeing a matrix of computer graphics where the skin should be. I know it's just my own takeaway, but I like it.

The overflowing wave in the eye is a nice metaphor, and I'm not sure if I've seen it done properly before? Even if so, this is definitely something I'd look into refining into a work beyond a sketch/paint book. You captured a strong metaphor, so I'd definitely run with it. (Unless you read it differently; the way I see it is that tears are the overflow from the worlds captive inside us...which is nice and comforting, especially for writers and artists.)

With the Chi Square image, my only complaint is that the cups are not proportional to the table, or vice-versa. Otherwise it's pleasing to the eyes. The colors blend well, the writing isn't...entirely off-putting? :P I would prefer something more discrete, personally. Beyond that, I love Chai tea, so you get bonus points for playing to my tastes.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Fri Dec 26, 2014 9:12 pm
rhiasofia says...

Lumi wrote:I'm partial to the sketch most among the last three images. Whether or not it was intentional, the unfinished shading on the forehead, chin, etc. almost seems like she's missing skin, and that you're instead seeing a matrix of computer graphics where the skin should be. I know it's just my own takeaway, but I like it.

The overflowing wave in the eye is a nice metaphor, and I'm not sure if I've seen it done properly before? Even if so, this is definitely something I'd look into refining into a work beyond a sketch/paint book. You captured a strong metaphor, so I'd definitely run with it. (Unless you read it differently; the way I see it is that tears are the overflow from the worlds captive inside us...which is nice and comforting, especially for writers and artists.)

With the Chi Square image, my only complaint is that the cups are not proportional to the table, or vice-versa. Otherwise it's pleasing to the eyes. The colors blend well, the writing isn't...entirely off-putting? :P I would prefer something more discrete, personally. Beyond that, I love Chai tea, so you get bonus points for playing to my tastes.

Lumi, thank you for all the feedback, this is great!

Huh, I hadn't thouht of it that way but I like that idea. Makes me like it better because I just thought I'd done a lousy job with the cross hatching and made her look like she had mutton chops XD

Yeah I've actually planned out how the rest of the eye painting will look, I'll post a picture when it's finished.

You're absolutely right about the proportions of the chai tea one, the table was sort of an afterthought and was executed very poorly, and my need for perfection when it comes to my art almost caused me to redo the entire thing due to that, but I forced myself to let it be since it was just a sketch.

Thanks again!
Your head is a living forest full of song birds
~E. E. Cummings

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:16 pm
View Likes
erilea says...

Thewriter13 wrote:You're pretty good! I love the eye drawing (I can draw stick figures, meaning I am a master at art) XD

Thewriter13, you are almost exactly like me. I can draw most cartoon animals and a few basic people missing the ears ( :D ), but nothing like rhiasofia. You are amazing, rhia. :D
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

208 Reviews

Reviews: 208
Mon Feb 09, 2015 2:25 am
View Likes
rhiasofia says...

Another Concentration, Coming Up Roses

Spoiler! :
when you opened up to me, your blood ran
dark- but warm.
Coagulated buds blooming outward into
dewy petals on your tongue, palms.

I've learned that if you you know how to look for the thorns,
you'd see the flesh is not so different from the rest,
beneath the sharpness.

The poem to go with it isn't 100% done yet, but here's what I've got going so far.
Your head is a living forest full of song birds
~E. E. Cummings

558 Reviews

Reviews: 558
Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:51 am
erilea says...

That rose one was definitely my favorite.
Was *wisegirl22*Artemis28*Lupa22*

focus on... enjoying happy moments

254 Reviews

Reviews: 254
Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:43 pm
Sonder says...

These are all gorgeous. :D
"This world is but a canvas to our imagination."
~Thoreau

“I don't talk things, sir. I talk the meaning of things.”
— Ray Bradbury, Fahrenheit 451