Young Writers Society

RPG Art

104 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 104
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:00 pm
JayeCShore says...

@Kyllorac

I agree that a thin, black outline would be great, the problem is that the logo has a lot of transparent parts and partially transparent parts, so if I attempt to add an outline, it looks really bad. To add an outline I'd have to remake the logo and it would have to be more solid and blocky.
If you don't Writer of the Week you don't YWS.

History is like Jello.

I believe in marriage between a man and a woman.

104 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 104
Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:08 pm
JayeCShore says...

Here's the revised version of the card front. I went through and changed the colors so they aren't so vibrant and don't clash so much. I also found a font that looks good, in my opinion, but is still easy to read, and then added a few little frills to the text to make it more interesting.

If you don't Writer of the Week you don't YWS.

History is like Jello.

I believe in marriage between a man and a woman.

48 Reviews

Reviews: 48
Tue Jun 05, 2018 2:06 am
Elfboy says...

First of all... AWESOME! I too am a game designer, so I love to see others like me around here!

Seccond, awesome cards and they look really good as is. But, and this is just my opinion, you should think about changing the card back background to a leathery brown.

Thirdly, I have a couple of resources for you! First is cooltext.com, a site that generates text in all sorts of fonts and styles for free, no strings attached. Your text looks great, and you probably don't need it, but there it is anyway. Next is DriveThruCards.com, a POD and digital self publishing site for card games, along with it's sister sites DriveThruRpg, DriveThruFiction, Etc. I haven't get published there, but I have ordered a set of cards from a game I designed, and they turned out awesome(apart from the lack of bleed. Whoops, my fault!). Lastly, I give you TheGameCrafter.com, similar to the DriveThru sites, but with more variety. They have parts for board games as well as card games, and they look pretty good too. Also POD, but not digital, I haven't ordered from them yet.

Feel free to ignore anything here that isn't helpful, but I hope this will help you out! All of these sites are free to use and publish on, so go ahead and try them out!
"What is grief, if not love persevering?"

--Vision

Everyone you will ever meet knows something you don't.
— Bill Nye