z

Young Writers Society

Sketches: Characters + Mini-Comics For Free (CLOSED)

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:33 am
View Likes
rawrafied says...

Figured I'd offer my services. I can never figure out what to draw for myself anyway. xD

Offering: Only penciled sketches for both options. Currently, I don't have time to fully color, screentone, and line-art something. You're welcome to request more than one time for either. However, I will only draw a particular character once. For mini-comics, I will only draw up to three pages of a scene from your story. I can fit around 7-8 panel per page.

Examples: I mostly draw anime, traditional Disney, and semi-realism. However, you're welcome to request other styles. It also doesn't have to be people, but that's my forte. I also do any genre, but you're welcome to ask. You can see my examples at twitter, tumblr, and deviantart. The following are my more recent examples:
Spoiler! :
Image Image Image Image

Payment: Free.

Form for Characters:
  • Character name:
  • Physical Description:
  • Personality(optional):
  • Story description(optional):
  • Is your story posted on here?
  • Art style: Semi-realism, anime/manga, Disney, Tim Burton, ect.
  • Anything else(optional):

Form for Mini-Comic:
  • Story name:
  • Description of scene: Keep in mind, it's a min of three pages so keep the scene short or I will be forced to cut things out.
  • Is the chapter containing the scene posted (if so, what chapter)?
  • Description of story(optional):
  • Characters involved in scene:
  • Art style: Semi-realism, anime/manga, Disney, Tim Burton, ect.
  • Anything else(optional):

Feel free to ask questions. :3 Also, warning, if you post the link to your story, I will probably read the first chapter to it to get a feel of your character. Though, if your character appears later, please link me to the first chapter they appear in. Also, I can't read anything on here without reviewing it. So, if you don't like my reviews, either mention so in the form or omit the link. ^_^
Last edited by rawrafied on Sun Jul 16, 2017 9:36 am, edited 6 times in total.

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:51 am
View Likes
turtlethatroars says...

Alright, let's see here. Do you think maybe you could read the story I wrote last year and draw the main character, Finn, based on my descriptions of him? I just want to know if that's plausible, I have no clue how well my descriptions of him were. Here's the story ---> Olivia

If you can't that's perfectly fine, I completely understand!
Charaters:
Character name: Finn
Physical Description: Toned, tan legs. Brown hair long enough to be moved by a breeze. Normal height, in shape/fit, average weight. That's about all I have.
Personality(optional): Well he likes to surf and is kinda a goof so maybe you can draw him like he just got home from surfing.
Story description(optional): Love story
Is you story post on here? Yes, link above! ^_^
Art style: Semi-realism
Anything else(optional): Nope!

Maybe you can also draw his girlfriend?
Character name: Olivia
Physical Description: I'm gunna say about 5 "inches" shorter than Finn, wavy brown hair down to her shoulders, average build, average weight.
Personality(optional): In Finn's eyes: she is so nice and sweet and funny and caring and beautiful and perfect and amazing.
Story description(optional): Love story.
Is you story post on here? Yes, same story as above.
Art style: Semi-realism
Anything else(optional): Nope.

I hope you can do this! ^_^
Last edited by turtlethatroars on Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

111 Reviews

Fri Feb 28, 2014 1:59 am
View Likes
rawrafied says...

@tkpejb Sure. Would you mind filling out the form first? It would help me get a better idea of what you're looking for. Though, I'm assuming it wasn't there when you first posted. xD And I'll happy to read your story regardless. :D

I'm officially done editing my post. The shop is officially up and running. ^_^b

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:11 am
View Likes
Zolen says...

I like to see how other people would draw the same thing I am working on, as I tend to improve from seeing a different perspective on the same idea, if I give you my current sketch on something I am working on, would you attempt it in any style you feel would fit it best?

Spoiler! :

Legs are hard, he is wearing boots, the legs are bound in bandages similar to the arms the wing is part of the throne
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

111 Reviews

Fri Feb 28, 2014 2:14 am
rawrafied says...

Sure, can do. ^_^ And I actually used to use that technique with my other friends that drew. It's fun. :D

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Fri Feb 28, 2014 3:46 am
Blackwood says...

This is high quality work. You'll have to give me some tips some time.
I would love to request something too, but I'll have to think about what I want first.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

133 Reviews

Reviews: 133
Fri Feb 28, 2014 5:00 am
PiesAreSquared says...

I think i'll give you my drawing and ask for suggestions to improve instead of making you draw all by yourself :P
The moment you say that one set of moral ideas can be better than another, you are, in fact, measuring them both by a standard, saying that one of them conforms to that standard more nearly than the other. C. S. Lewis

I used to be ZLYF

111 Reviews

Sun Mar 02, 2014 8:53 am
View Likes
rawrafied says...

@Blackwood Aww, thank you. I hope you do. ^_^

@ZLYF Sure that's fine. Though I have a lot to learn myself so I don't know how much help I would be. xD

@tkpejb
Spoiler! :

68 Reviews

Reviews: 68
Sun Mar 02, 2014 3:03 pm
View Likes
turtlethatroars says...

OH MY, OH MY, OH MY!!!!! That is absolutely fantastic!!!! I love it soooo much!!!!! Yay! ^_^ Thank you!! *searches for "Likexinfinity" button*
"the beauty of words. They can be many different things to many different people. It's all in how we listen. Or how we read." - Lyrical Inspiration (authors note) of Enemies and Playmates by Darcia Helle

-Formally tkpejb

49 Reviews

Reviews: 49
Sun Mar 02, 2014 9:00 pm
View Likes
wakarimasen says...

Hi! When you have a moment, would you draw two characters for me, please? Your drawings are AMAZING and your comics look just like real manga comic books!

Form for Characters:

Character name: Abigail Adams Jefferson
Physical Description: 11 years old, average height for her age. Brown, somewhat wavy shoulder-length hair. Blue eyes (but you don't need to color this in). She wears simple T-shirts and knee-length shorts, and high-top sneakers.
Personality(optional): Witty, somewhat pessimistic, and a bit too curious for her own good. She probably has a mischievous smirk on her face more often than not.
Is you story post on here? Not yet, but soon.... ;)
Art style: Semi-realism, anime, ect. Semi-realistic, please.
Anything else(optional): This is going to sound strange, but Abby looks a little like Elizabeth Taylor or Audrey Hepburn, with that sort of hair and face, but less perfect-looking-movie-starry, if you get what I mean.

Character name: Tom Jefferson (his mother had a sense of humor, you see)
Physical Description: 16. Tall, on the skinny side. Fair-haired and freckle-faced. He wears T-shirts and cargo pants, I guess, and he sometimes wears a baseball cap. Otherwise, he can hold it on one hand.
Personality(optional): Very agreeable, very quiet. He's Abby's older brother.
Art style: Semi-realism, anime, ect. Semi-real, please. :)
Anything else(optional): Could you give Tom a sort of distant, thoughtful expression? Not to the point that it's dreamy or melodramatic, of course. :)

Thank you so much - if you'd like to take this on, feel free to write to me on my wall or PM me when you're finished, or if you need any further info. :)

Reviews: 4
Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:29 pm
View Likes
thelostone says...

Oooh! These look great! Mind drawing me one?

Character name: Lia Coolidge

Physical Description: Mousy brown hair, a mess of kinky curls, bright brown eyes which look even larger behind her big square framed glasses. Wears mostly large sweaters and leggings, average height.

Personality(optional): Shy, hides behind her large sweaters and books. Speaking to new people always gives her anxiety, but she's very sweet. She's constantly studying and reading.

Story description(optional): Her dad is deployed, it's basically just about how she lives with the worries and fears that come with having a parent overseas.

Is you story post on here? Not yet, still in progress ;)

Art style: Semi-realism, anime, ect: Semi- realism, please!

Anything else(optional): Could you maybe draw her with a stack of books, pretty please?

Thank you so much!
maybe hell is just rewinding home movies

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:13 am
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Would you mind doing two characters for me? (I actually have four I'd love to get at some point, but I won't request all of them right now.) Neither of these two is my main character, but I love them.

Spoiler! :
Character name: Tirion Greendale,
Physical Description: Male. Tall and lean. Medium-brown skin. Bright green eyes. Black hair that falls to his lower back, done in several dozen small braids that are pulled back together. Long fingers and toes. Wears pants but generally goes without shoes and often without a shirt because the elves think clothing is largely unnecessary and a waste of fabric that could be used for infants and ill people. Blue tribal tattoos wrap all around his arms, with thinner ones across the bridge of his nose. Usually carries a long bow and a quiver of arrows.
Personality(optional): Prince of the wood-elves. Tends to be pessimistic and the realist of the group (possibly the only one in the entire story), although when interacting with Morrow he's more encouraging.
Story description(optional): A thirty-seven-year-old accountant who lives in a house made of books gets more than he bargained for when a wounded balloon-artist knocks on his door one night.
Is your story post on here? Indeed it is.
Art style: Semi-realism is perfect.
Anything else(optional): The first chapter where Tirion appears has not yet been posted.

Character name: Morrow
Physical Description: Male. About a head shorter than Tirion. Stocky, powerful build. Light-to-medium brown skin. Dark eyes. Black hair that's almost shoulder length, usually in a wild mane about his neck. Wears plain black pants, a more-or-less white shirt, and tall black boots, but most of this is hidden by the black greatcoat he almost always wears. The coat has many pockets in which he keeps knives, maps, medicinal herbs, other useful oddities, and (unfortunately but of course) a flask. He also often carries a leather pack with further useful things inside.
Personality(optional): Gypsy king. Cares about his people but has a stormy relationship with them (courtesy of his father). Low self-esteem. Alcoholic. Intelligent and kind when sober, but morose when drunk and belligerent when hungover.
Art style: Semi-realism.
Anything else(optional): Morrow and Tirion are totally in love. (Actually if you could just draw one picture in which they're together, that would be totally awesome and all I need of them.) In other news, the chapter that introduces Morrow has also not yet been posted, since he's introduced only shortly before Tirion.

ALSO! Do you have anything you'd like reviewed in return for this? I know you said it's free, but if you have anything--well, anything literary, because I'm not going to be particularly helpful reviewing art--then message me a link. (You can send me a link for art if you prefer, just know I may not have anything useful to say about that.)

111 Reviews

Mon Mar 31, 2014 6:30 am
View Likes
rawrafied says...

@Zolen. Got kind of lazy on the chair. Sorry for the wait.
Spoiler! :

@blueafrica well, given how long it may take to complete these requests with school and my own stories to work on, patience for completion is more than enough of a payment. xD Thanks though. ^_^ And I would be more than happy to do two characters.

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:19 pm
View Likes
BluesClues says...

Hooray! I'm excited :) Also, when they are done is it okay if I either a) add the image to a chapter including them or b) post the image on my wall or c) do both? Giving credit to you, of course. Like "check out what @rawrafied did for me" or "image credit: @rawrafied" or whatever.

301 Reviews

Reviews: 301
Tue Apr 15, 2014 1:14 am
View Likes
Snowery says...

Hi! Wow you draw some amazing stuff! Could you draw my character for me? I'd really like to see him in person. :P I would really appreciate this.

Character name:Dr. Edmund Sullivan,

Physical Description:He's tall with a lean build. He has a strong jaw, pale blue eyes, pale skin and black, swept back , wavy hair. He's wearing a lab coat with a stethoscope around his neck. I don't mind any position, probably just standing but his expression, he has a smile that's almost a smirk, like he knows something that you don't.

Personality(optional):He works in the morgue doing the post mortem. At first when you meet him you think he's a normal, handsome and sweet doctor but as you get to know him you realise that he's kind of weird and slightly disturbed.

Is you story post on here? Here's the link to my story, it's pretty short. The Curious Romances of Edmund Sullivan

Art style: Semi-realism, anime, ect: Umm... semi realism would be great :)

Anything else(optional): Nothing really, but if you do draw him I would really appreciate it. The art I've seen from you already seems really fantastic.
The World Is Mine.

ask not what u can do for ur bones but of what ur bones can do for u
— Carina