z

Young Writers Society

Making a comic

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:08 pm
rawrafied says...

Good start. You have a good foundation for panel composition. Though, I would suggest working at a larger page size for better screentone quality.

Have you considered checking out Smackjeeves and Comicfury? They're sites geared toward online coming publishing. ^_^

110 Reviews

Reviews: 110
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:28 pm
Zolen says...

Avoid those like the plague, all you need is a random art site to dump them in, and if you are good and your stuff gets popular its better to host your own site around it, or at the very least find a general purpose host rather then one that advertises themselves to specific groups.
Self quoting is the key to sounding wise and all knowing.

111 Reviews

Reviews: 111
Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:58 pm
rawrafied says...

Yes, but it's difficult to get recognized on your own site. I've seen very few sites succeed in that aspect and the ones who did were investing in paid advertisement. Plus, site hosting is very expensive (especially if you're not receiving revenue for your work) and can be tedious if you're not familiar with the coding format they require (not all hosting sites use the same code language). Thus, you may be left to use a free site like freewebs.

I agree, later on, if you get enough fan base, I would suggest going the self-site route, but if you're looking for exposure, I would suggest a site similar to the ones I've listed.

It's the same rules that apply to online writing.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Mon Mar 31, 2014 11:11 am
Blackwood says...

I haven't given up yet! Another page.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

332 Reviews

Reviews: 332
Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:26 am
Blackwood says...

Ah, I have a page for this half finished that a started a long time ago but I gave it up because I had trouble with the panel design. Hopefully I can release it it would be a shame if I gave up on this project before the end of something at least.
Hahah....haha.....ahahaha.

Meatball, meatball, spaghetti underneath; ravioli, ravioli, great barrier reef!
— Spongebob