z

Young Writers Society

Seirre's Scribbles

127 Reviews

Reviews: 127
Sat Aug 22, 2020 8:37 pm
View Likes
mythh says...

Looks like you might start the next renaissance movement...
The name's Myth.

455 Reviews

Reviews: 455
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:17 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

@starlitmind @Gravitem aww thanks <3
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them
(previously whatchamacallit and Seirre)

455 Reviews

Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:21 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Some random autumny pictures I snapped out wandering in the yard :) The first two have been edited slightly, but the rest are completely natural or raw or whatchamacallit whatever you call it.

Spoiler! :
rsz_1img_20201003_173346.jpg

rsz_1img_20201003_173003.jpg

rsz_img_20201003_172724.jpg

rsz_img_20201003_173210.jpg

rsz_1img_20201003_161035.jpg
When you're faced with something you don't understand, I think the most natural thing but also least interesting thing you can be is afraid.

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Tue Dec 22, 2020 2:27 am
View Likes
Hijinks says...

I finally finished that watercolour of our two old cats! I decided to finish it and give it to my mom for Christmas because aaaaah we do presents on Christmas Eve so I really need to get cracking on present making O:

Spoiler! :
step one.jpg

step two.jpg

final painting.jpg

I'm also just going to plop down a couple of thoughts (more to pacify the perfectionist in me than anything else, really) ~

Spoiler! :
mehs
- I'm not sure how I feel about the whiskers; I would've liked them to be a bit thinner, but I was using toothpicks and couldn't think of anything smaller to use. I also feel like it looks weird that Chuma doesn't have 'eyebrows' but Prince does, but that's how they looked in the reference photo and I wanted to be as accurate as possible.

- I did Chuma's face and some of her body all the way back in August, and literally finished the rest today - as a result the two cats are in a kind of different style? Prince is significantly more stylized, I think, whereas Chuma is pretty realistic. But I also don't mind that because I think it shows how different their personalities were -> Chuma was a darling chubby fluffball while Prince was sleek and athletic and a little bit aloof.

- I was going to add a background but I decided to end while I was ahead because I had a feeling I was getting to the point where if I kept adding stuff I'd just start messing it up. I would've liked to have shadows though, at least, so it didn't just look like they're on a white canvas. (Though at the same time, it does give a clean minimalist vibe. So I'm a little torn.)

yays
- I've gotta admit I pretty much nailed the expressions on their faces xD In the photo Chuma looks sooo grumpy about Prince trying to hug her and he is just completely unphased. I also love the subtle difference in eye colour -> Chuma's are a warmer olive-green while Prince's are a cooler minty-green, which is exactly how they were in real life.

- I spent so so long sketching their positions and trying to make sure the perspective on Prince was right - and I think it ended up being pretty accurate! The only thing I'd say is that in the photo Prince's head & upper body are a bit bigger, but it doesn't look off how I did it in the painting at any rate.

just notes
- The colours I used were quite a bit more vivid than the colours in the photo; Chuma's brown was less orange-y and a bit cooler, and her golds were more washed out.

- Note to self: never use watercolour for something like this again. I like how it turned out for the most part but the watercolour was really hard to use as precisely as I wanted and ended up being really frustrating. And the watercolour paper isn't the best quality so it kept peeling where I reworked stuff :/

- I also think watercolour just doesn't suit my style all that well. I like doing really precise, detailed art for the most part and watercolour is better for more organic, loose art. So maybe stick to sketching and acrylics (or work on learning to use watercolour like watercolour).

-- Hank Green

they/them

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Tue Dec 22, 2020 3:42 am
View Likes
Lib says...

omg the watercolor one looks incredible!! 😲
*insert quirky signature here*

455 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:11 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

thanks @Liebensteiner!

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Fri Dec 25, 2020 4:30 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

a stylized brain o.0

Spoiler! :
final.jpg

I cannot unsee a seahorse but I swear I didn't mean for there to be a seahorse in the brain whoopsies

-- Hank Green

they/them

542 Reviews

Reviews: 542
Mon Dec 28, 2020 6:25 am
View Likes
Liminality says...

Brain is beaut <3 I love the colouring and shading, as well as the little 'dissolving' effects you added to the sides!
she/her

Have you met my friend, The Story Review Template?

455 Reviews

Sun May 30, 2021 6:52 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

@Liminality aw thank you <3

Random painted wooden platter I made a while ago! It's inspired by Norwegian Rosemåling art but I definitely took some creative liberties in both patterns and colour palette c:
Spoiler! :

And a collage/multi-media still life I made in art class last year! The moccasin is oil pastels, the top part of the drum is ink, and the rest is in pencil.
Spoiler! :

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:19 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Inky art from this month~

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Wed Nov 24, 2021 9:08 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

A couple of random things I made in the last few weeks~

^ in the art club at my school, we're making holiday cards to be distributed at a permanent care home!

-- Hank Green

they/them

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Thu Nov 25, 2021 2:27 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

Big fan of that baby holiday chicken! So cute with that little hat. Also I like the contrast of darker & lighter shades you used for the colors! Did you use watercolors? And the turtle looks super clean.
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

455 Reviews

Thu Nov 25, 2021 7:39 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Thank you @alliyah!! Yup, the chick was done in watercolour (+ then I traced it with a fine-tip sharpie).

-- Hank Green

they/them

455 Reviews

Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:32 pm
View Likes
Hijinks says...

Christmas art dump!

stylized eye in progress:

and the finished product:

watercolour dog in progress:
Spoiler! :

and the finished product:

-- Hank Green

they/them

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Tue Dec 21, 2021 7:47 pm
View Likes
Omni says...

that eye is spectacular!!
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

Reading is one form of escape. Running for your life is another.
— Lemony Snicket