z

Young Writers Society

My Art Portfolio

616 Reviews

Reviews: 616
Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:39 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

So I only found out about this part of the forum a little while ago, and as of late I've been taking a look at some of the amazing art I've seen on here and thought it would be fun for me to share some of my own.

I'm really into art, so it's always fun to hear what you guys think, and your opinions of the piece! :D

I do plan to be rather active, and post my art often, really want to build up a collection. XD

I've also made a club on YWS for those of you who also feel like sharing your work! I always find myself excited to see what others make, it's so fun to see the different styles everyone comes up with.
So here is the link! All is welcome! clubs/3068

A small side note, if you would like a character drawing from your story or you just feel like it, feel free to ask and I'll try and get to it when ever I have some free time! <33

To start it off with a bang! Here is a dragon I draw for @felistia It's a Wisp Talon,and it was a lot of fun to draw. It's one of my latest art pieces.
If you where wondering Felistia has her own story on YWS called Search for Fire - Into the Mists, it a really great story worth a read if you ask me! ;)

FlamingPhoenix The Art Freak!
Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:22 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Time to update you on more dragons that are from Felistia's story!

So this one is a Ghost Talon, and his name is Siddious, (I hope I spelt that right.) I really enjoyed making this character, his expression was the most fun!

Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2021 4:50 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Guess what!? XD I'm working on yet another dragon! It's not even close to finished yet, I haven't even finished sketching it out fully, but I thought why not show the starting point! :D

Last edited by FlamingPhoenix on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Creative!

54 Reviews

Reviews: 54
Mon Oct 04, 2021 5:01 pm
View Likes
Quillfeather says...

Wow! I love your Drawings! What are you using to make them?
Was: Nicole136
And then: TrinityPoeting
Am now: Quillfeather

If you ever need to talk I am here for you<3

"All great change is preceded by chaos" - Deepak Chopra
Fight through the chaos, there are good things ahead<333

616 Reviews

Mon Oct 04, 2021 6:02 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Thank you so much! :D

I use a Wacom Cintic 16 to draw on, and the drawing program I've been using lately is Clip Studio Pain, I just got it a few weeks ago. The painting program I was using before was Photoshop.
Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:03 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

A few expressions. I plan to do more at some point.

Last edited by FlamingPhoenix on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 4:25 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Remember this dragon? Well here is the update, I still have to finish her off, but I've come a long way. :D
I just finished blocking up all the color and putting in a background.
Note: Backgrounds are hard but really satisfying when finished. XD

Last edited by FlamingPhoenix on Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:38 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Stay Creative!

91 Reviews

Reviews: 91
Mon Oct 11, 2021 6:59 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

I love that art of Siddious! Great job conveying so much expression and personality- especially considering he's a non-human character. Your style is of shading is so unique and the details are really cool-looking. Thanks for sharing :D

I'm sad I can't seem to see your most recent three drawings though. Did you post these the same way you posted your first two? All I see is this:
https://imgur.com/a/3ZCPeVn

616 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:25 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Thank you so much for letting me know, I'll try and change it up.

No, I didn't upload the last three the same way, I tried to do it so it came out clear, it it seems that I'm the only one that can see the images, so I'll have to find another way to do it.

Again thanks for letting me know. :D
Stay Creative!

91 Reviews

Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:36 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Yay I can see them now!! I love your human character expressions- they're so good. And the golden-sunset colored dragon is beautiful :D

616 Reviews

Wed Oct 27, 2021 11:52 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Check this out guys! I'm really trying to improve my art, so here's a little something I hid in the drawing I'm working on, it's not finished yet, but I really wanted to show you.

So feast your eyes! (yes pun was intended) Guess who she's looking at?

Stay Creative!

616 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2021 2:46 pm
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

All right! It's finally finished! And it looks so good! In my opinion.

So this is Emerald, she's from Felistia's story, I recommend a read, it's worth it.

And like always I'm always open to hearing what you guys think and what you so that could be fixed. :D

Stay Creative!

91 Reviews

Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:03 pm
View Likes
AlyTheBookworm says...

Aw I love when artists are open about loving their own art! Too often, we're super critical of ourselves. You should feel proud for sure- this is beautiful and I can tell a ton of work went into it! I love the leaves, shading, and the crazy level of detail. <3

1227 Reviews

Reviews: 1227
Sat Oct 30, 2021 3:45 pm
View Likes
alliyah says...

The reflection of another dragon within the eye is SO good & looks very life-like! I agree with Aly, the level of detail is out of this world, so beautifully done!
you should know i am a time traveler &
there is no season as achingly temporary as now
but i have promised to return

616 Reviews

Sat Nov 20, 2021 7:42 am
View Likes
FlamingPhoenix says...

Well here is the newest thing I've been working on. It's not finished yet, but it's close.

This is a portrait of my main character Richard and some other characters that we haven't met just yet. :D Oh Richard is the one closest to us.
XD I still have a hard time drawing hair on guys. Lol hopefully I'll get better.

I will admit a few things from Pinterest gave me the idea for this portrait, normally I wouldn't draw my characters right next to each other. But I'm loving how it looks.

Stay Creative!

The same boiling water that softens the potato hardens the egg. It's about what you're made of, not the circumstances.
— Unknown