Young Writers Society

Home » Forums » Creativity Corner » Art & Photography

Elfish Inkings

304 Reviews

Reviews: 304
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:22 am
View Likes
whatchamacallit says...

Ooh I really like the latest one! The shading using the lines gives a really striking effect!

Do the symbols have a meaning? it's possible I'm missing something obvious lol. Or they could just be for aesthetic!
Prejudice is a burden that confuses the past, threatens the future, and renders the present inaccessible.
Maya Angelou

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Mon Oct 12, 2020 1:59 am
View Likes
Elfboy says...

@whatchamacallit thanks Loo! Yeah they do, the star shape is the Star of David, the main symbol of Judaism. It's to a Jew as the cross is to a Christian.

The smaller symbols are letters in Hebrew, spelling out the word "לְקַווֹת", which means "hope".

I'm glad you liked it!
I've had too much to dream

(formerly EthanHoover)

47 Reviews

Wed Nov 18, 2020 9:31 pm
View Likes
Elfboy says...

So as you may have noticed I may have forgotten about/given up on inktober halfway through, so ah... oops. But now I'm converting this into a general ink art thread because I got a real brush pen today and I love it too much to sit idly with.

This tree is literally my first drawing ever with the pen, and as you can see, I'm not at all used to the way the ink flows yet, but I'm learning!

(formerly EthanHoover)

47 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 5:07 am
View Likes
Elfboy says...

Did a random late-night inking because I wanted to get more used to the pen. It's definitely the most sensitive tool I've ever drawn with, but I'm really enjoying it.

Also I had some confusion while drawing the ripples in the water so shush ignore that.

(formerly EthanHoover)

47 Reviews

Thu Nov 19, 2020 11:39 pm
View Likes
Elfboy says...

Drew a pretty doggo. I didn't mean for him to look so sad, and he looked better before I added the shading, but still I wuv him.

(formerly EthanHoover)

47 Reviews

Sun Nov 22, 2020 5:05 am
View Likes
Elfboy says...

My first miserable attempt at drawing a human... she was initially intended to be someone specific but that didn't pan out soooooo now it's just a random girl haha...

(formerly EthanHoover)

No person can be a great leader unless he takes genuine joy in the successes of those under him.
— W. A. Nance