z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo 2013!

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Feb 24, 2013 6:51 pm
View Likes
IngridClayre says...

Who's ready? Have a basic storyline yet? Characters? I know it's very early (February), but I think about it all year long every time!

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? 2013 will be my third year of NaNoWriMo!
Have you ever dropped out? No, but I was tempted several times.
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo?Unfortunately, I have not yet published or printed any of my books.
What is your username?JasperMyCat
What Genre do you usually write in?Well, fantasy of course!
What is the most words you've written in a day?2,315 words... I think
In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write?6,035 I believe.
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling?Coffee/Tea and Almonds or Chocolate
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again?I'M ECSTATIC!!!!! (that should be your answer)
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? Uh... yeah. Are you?
Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo?
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Feb 26, 2013 1:11 am
crossroads says...

Oh, wow. Already?

I always have characters, and, unfortunately, I also always have plot ideas. Why unfortunately? Because I'd need a couple of lifetimes to even put them all in proper outlines, let alone actually write the novels xP
I hope to do it this year, but I only will if I'll get my current novel finished by then - or if I get sticked (like I am now) and with too many other ideas.

~ How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? Just once before, and unfortunately it came during a wrong period of my life - so I'm about to count 2013 as my first.

~ Have you ever dropped out? Kind of - the circumstances weren't particularly friendly, so I just stopped trying after a while. Also I wrote it in a notebook, and lost the track of word counting xD

~ Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? Well, that would be kind of strange, seeing that I haven't written any completely :p

~ What is your username? Aria_Adams, I believe.

~ What Genre do you usually write in? Why, some sort of fantasy it is ^^

~ What is the most words you've written in a day? Frankly, no idea. But when I do get inspiration, I can do thousands.

~ In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write? Not many - but like I said, I stopped counting.

~What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling? Eat? Drink? Oh, the occasional stuff that are supposed to keep me fueled. Tea and coffee (yes, both), chocolate and souls, as always.

~ Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? At the moment, I truly hope it will turn up much better than the last one.

~ Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? No - but that's because I'm working on my series and have A LOT to plot between the NaNos.

~ Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? No, I'm lazy. But feel more than welcome to friend me ;)
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

378 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 378
Sun Mar 10, 2013 4:59 am
Omni says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? 2013 will be my first year. With my longest story only being a fraction of 50,000, I'm pumped!

Have you ever dropped out? Hmm, yeah, hundreds of times XDD

Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? Totally XP

What is your username? Omniyus

What Genre do you usually write in?Well, I tried last year (Not enough to count, mind you) And I think I will be doing fantasy or science fiction.

Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NanoWriMo again?Again?!?!?! This forum is biased! Jk lol, yes, of course I am.

Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? I started plotting my story for this year, because I basically missed out on last year, so of course I'm crazy!

Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? Of course unlike others *Glares at Aria* I want friends :D
This account proudly supports lgbtq* rights.

sass levels loading

[he/him]

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Sun Mar 17, 2013 5:18 pm
LadySpark says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo?
This will be my third time.
Have you ever dropped out?
Yes, I dropped out of Camp NaNo last year.
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo?
They've never seen the light of day. xD
What is your username?
Isis97
What Genre do you usually write in?
my first one was in fantasy, my second romance. This one will be teenage fiction.
What is the most words you've written in a day?
15,000 words
In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write?
20,000 something
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling?
usually some kind of chocolate.
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again?
Of course!
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended?
Nope, haven't thought that far ahead. I haven't even finished plotting this one... xD
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Mar 24, 2013 6:16 pm
KelliLocks says...

If you have already thought out so much for your story then participating in Camp NaNo would be a good option. I am participating in the April one starting in one week. This is my first one but I'm sure it is lot's of fun if you are this excited.
~Keep on dreaming

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:21 pm
crossroads says...

April has GCSEs coming - November has the casual start of college. So the things stand in my world, hence no Camp for me this year :p
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Mon Apr 01, 2013 1:23 pm
AlfredSymon says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? 2013 will be my third year of NaNoWriMo too!
Have you ever dropped out? Twice. My first year of NaNoWriMo and my first year at Camp.
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo?No. None at all.
What is your username?Alfred Symon
What Genre do you usually write in?Literary fiction
What is the most words you've written in a day?3000 +
In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write?4000+ ? I grew lazy, I'm sorry.
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling?Lots and lots of TEA
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again?MORE EXCITED THAN YOU I suppose :D Kidding :)
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? Sooper.
Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? Why not?
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

32 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 32
Mon Apr 29, 2013 3:22 pm
View Likes
Ary says...

First time! *looks shyly around* So...yeah.
Trying very hard to keep a positive mind on the subject.
Only time will tell....
What is your username?
Ary (What can I say? I really don't like to think to much about the username.) *smiles sheepishly*
Genre do you usually write in?
Well, fantasy of course!
3,000 words, give or take.
We shall see about that soon.
What do you eat while noveling?
Mixed chocolate and orange ice cream. (Amen! \(^-^)/)
What do you drink while noveling?
Water and mixed pinapple juice with grape juice. (I have weird tastes, I know.)
I'M ECSTATIC!!!!! (that should be your answer)*adds* "without the again.
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended?
Uh... yeah. This time I will do it! *dramatic victory music starts playing in the background*
*sends invitation* :)
"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
- John Lennon

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Sun May 12, 2013 2:46 pm
ScarlettFire says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? This year will be my fifth! ^^
Have you ever dropped out? Not once, yet. But I, too, have been tempted.
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? Nope, none of them yet. But I do plan on publishing something eventually!
What is your username? Scarlett Fire
What Genre do you usually write in? Fantasy, usually.
What is the most words you've written in a day? Between about 10k and 20k. Can't remember the exact number.
In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write? About 7,000 or so.
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling? Chips, biscuits, chocolate; snacks, mostly. Unless it's like, lunch or something. Water, milo or coca-cola. >.> Or very weak lime cordial.
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? I'm always thrilled to be doing NaNo. <3
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? Sometimes I try.... Doesn't always work. I prefer to wing it. Vague ideas, general plot outline and stuff. I don't always know where I'm going, of course, but that's half the fun!
Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? Totally! Especially if you friend me, too. <3
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

532 Reviews

Reviews: 532
Sun May 12, 2013 3:24 pm
ArcticMonkey says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? Does failing it count?
Have you ever dropped out? Yup D:
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? Hopefully, one day!
What is your username? purple_haze
What Genre do you usually write in? Mostly sort of realistic fiction.
What is the most words you've written in a day? Like, ten thousand! :P
In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write?6,035 I believe.
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling? Loads of snacks are tea! Lot's of tea!
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? I'm not sure if I feel the excitement yet, but I'm sure it will be great! =D
Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? Haha, I'm constantly planning novels!
Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? Of course :)
Someone told me there's a girl out there, with love in her eyes and flowers, in her hair.

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 pm
LadyPurple says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? 2013
This year will be my second year!

I did last year because I got really sick at the same time that I was going through a writers block. So I rage quit halfway through the month.

Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? No.

What is your username?
Sister_of_Mercy.

Humor or romance.

None.

I like coffee and water and Cheerwine. I also like to eat grapes and, well, anything.

I'm looking forward to it!:)

No. I'm just now doing it.

Perhaps.
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

394 Reviews

Reviews: 394
Sat Jul 20, 2013 2:51 pm
View Likes
KnightTeen says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? This will be my first.
Have you ever dropped out? Haven't had the chance to yet.
Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? I have never even finished one of my novels, let alone published one.
What is your username? I don't have one, except for YWS.
What Genre do you usually write in? SciFy/Fantasy/Historical/Fan Fiction.
What is the most words you've written in a day?how many words did you write? I try to write at least five thousand words a day, whatever I'm doing. It can be in lists, for school, my blog, or just jotting something down. I'm not neurotic enough to track all my numbers, but I try to get at least 4 thousand into my writing works.
What do you eat while noveling? What do you drink while noveling? I eat anything that I can get my hands on, although it's mostly snack food. (Chips, pretzels, granola bars, etc.) I drink either tea, juice, or water.
Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? As I said before, first year, but I am very excited for a new challenge.
[b]Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended?
Probably.
This year I'm not going to join that website, and instead just do the writing challenge on this site. If it's something that I like, I will later join the site but I want to make sure it's something that I would do again before committing myself.
Screw Yolo. I'm a cat. Nine lives losers!

I think I used to be HomeschooledTeen

94 Reviews

Reviews: 94
Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:50 pm
Nook says...

How many times have you done NaNoWriMo? Second, I guess. Last year I came up with a plot and everything but stuff came up (specifically my laziness) and...I guess in a way, this would be my first. ^^'

Have you ever dropped out? Yup. I was never one to NOT give in to temptation. Regrettably.

Have you ever printed/published the book you wrote in NaNoWriMo? Nope! I probably never will but someday... I'll actually finish writing a book. -.-

What is your username? aqua1213's the name! Nothing really is my game. Sigh.

What Genre do you usually write in? All sorts. Romance is big in my favorites though. Also fantasy, Sci-Fy, coming of age, action and...historical maybe? I love comedy too, so I always incorporate it in my stories. Short stories usually have tragedy in for me. Can't find any other way to end with a Big Bang, yeah? x)

What is the most words you've written in a day? I've never counted but I've bee told that I write in excess and tend to fill up a lot of pages. 20 pages probably would have been the most I ever did in a day.

In the last week of NaNoWriMo, how many words did you write? Nil! But I'll change that this year! :D
What do you eat while noveling? Granola bars! I always like something to chew on while I think so really anything chewy or crunchy.

Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? I'm definitely looking forward to it! I hope I can get my first book done this year. x)

Are you crazy like me and start planning the novel for next year the day after NaNoWriMo ended? ...no...but I always have plots revolving around in my head so it's not like I'm totally unprepared. xD

Will you friend me on NaNoWriMo? If I remember my username and password. O.O
HERE>>OTAKU FOR LIFE<<HERE
"People's feelings are memories that transcend time[that's why they're so hard to forget]." - Steins;Gate(Makise)
"I'm not stupid. I'm just too lazy to show how smart I am." -Hyouka(Oreki)

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Wed Sep 25, 2013 5:35 am
Vervain says...

This is actually my fifth time! Hopefully, my second win.

I had to drop last year due to various stressful factors that affected my writing.

Hahahahahahahano.

What is your username? Same as on here (ancientforever)

What Genre do you usually write ?
Speculative fiction, scifi, or fantasy.

What is the most words you've written in a day? About 8000.

None, actually, pertaining significantly to my NaNo the year I won (two years ago). I was capital D Done.

Water, soda, coffee, tea, generic snacks but especially cinnamon candies.

Are you as thrilled as I am about doing NaNoWriMo again? Absolutely.

I can't plan too far in advance or I either lose interest or start writing.

Sure, if you want.
stay off the faerie paths

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:35 am
BluesClues says...

This will be my fourth year doing the official November Nano, but in July I tried doing Camp Nano.

I dropped out of Camp Nano this year because my grandpa died a few days into July and I lost all motivation to write for a good while. I still haven't quite gotten back into it, really, but Nano always gets me excited so I'm hoping this November will help me get my groove back.

Not so far, mainly because I keep writing new drafts of the book I did my first year. (This year I'm doing it yet again because I decided to keep a character instead of killing him off, and it drastically changed the plot. So it's basically like a brand-new first draft.)

What is your username?
BlueAfrica. Feel free to friend me.

For Nano, fantasy/urban fantasy.

I know I've done six or eight thousand words in a day. That would have been last year, when I was unemployed.

No idea. Probably not *that* much last year because I kept so well caught up early in the month that I didn't need to write as much in the last week.

I don't eat while noveling; I read while I eat, and then I novel. What I drink changes depending on where and when I'm writing.

YES.

Nope. By the end of November I'm all noveled out. I usually spend December reading instead, and then around January or February I turn my eye toward editing.

Sure :)

A big mountain of sugar is too much for one man. I can see now why God portions it out in those little packets.
— Homer Simpson