z

Young Writers Society

Let's Celebrate!

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Mon Dec 03, 2012 3:33 am
Flux says...

I'm surprised there isn't already one of these already ... Simply because, way back when I was too daunted by NaNo to attempt it, I always saw people talking about it and bragging (though rightfully so) about their accomplishments.

And two days out, I think that we should celebrate our successes! Post your word counts, or even just if you succeeded! And if you didn't, then celebrate your successes anyways! A month of writing teaches a person a lot!

For me:
I started this November with the goal of 20 000 - 30 000 words, as I've been too afraid to attempt NaNo ever since I heard of it. However, when I was on track with the word-count, I decided to challenge myself to go the rest of the way! I just hit over the 50 000 mark (50 078), though I'm probably only half-way done the novel (okay, maybe more like three-quarters done), and I'm happy with that! I've never written that many words with one idea! I learned from doing NaNo that first drafts can be horrendous, too, and that perfection sometimes happens through hours of editing. Oh, the joys of going back over things when I'm done -.- I already know how much I'm going to have to do!

I think that we should all brag just a little bit -- and celebrate how much we've actually accomplished, even if we didn't "win". c:
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

20 Reviews

Reviews: 20
Sun Dec 16, 2012 3:57 pm
Katriona says...

I succeeded at NaNoWriMo on November 29, at 50,375 words. I was kind of cheating, though (but not really), because my NaNo novel this year was a continuation of my NaNo novel last year. Which, including the words I wrote during the rest of the year, got me to just over 113,000 words in that novel. And no climax.
It's going to need a mountain of editing as soon as the rough draft is finished. *nod*
~Christ's Servant

How beautiful upon the mountains are the feet of him that bringeth good tidings, that publisheth peace;
that bringeth good tidings of good, that publisheth salvation;
that saith unto Zion, Thy God reigneth!
Isaiah 52:7

106 Reviews

Reviews: 106
Wed Dec 19, 2012 1:02 am
Flux says...

Excellent! ... Though editing isn't necessarily the most exciting thing to look forward to.
"Man is least himself when he talks in his own person.

Give him a mask and he will tell you the truth."

-- Oscar Wilde

If you run now, you will be running the rest of your life.
— Reborn