z

Young Writers Society

Writers block!!!

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sun Nov 04, 2012 5:26 pm
View Likes
Sourdude16 says...

I can't believe what happened. Its NaNoWriMo and I can't even come up with an idea for my novel. Im trying to write a good Narrative Fiction and now Im having trouble even thinking of an idea for the novel. I had ideas months ago, but forgot to even write them down. Can someone help me please??!?!?!?!??!?!
~The future is only history yet to come~ personal quote
~Writing isn't a job or work. Its a passion and a gift.~ Personal quote
~Love is something everyone deserves, few know, and only the elite understand~ personal quote

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Sun Nov 04, 2012 9:35 pm
Rosendorn says...

The Nature of Ideas

Building a Story

All Important Groundwork

Cliff notes version: Start asking "what if" and fill in who, what, where, when, why, how. Boom. Story.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:45 am
noninjaes says...

I only just got a plot, and only by digging up an old story plot which I lost te written work for due to usb teft.

Right now, I'm on around 500 odd words. Help me! :S
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

1272 Reviews

Reviews: 1272
Mon Nov 05, 2012 12:52 am
Rosendorn says...

My advice for you is the same as my advice for souldude. Start asking "what if?" and figure out who/what/where/why/when/how. Ask it about things you already know about the story, like, "What if my MC was thrown out on the streets? Why was he thrown out? What does he do after? How does he survive? Where is he when he gets thrown out? When does it happen?"

^ That can build at least a chapter, maybe three or four if you put in enough detail (Also depends on the length of your chapters).

Just keep asking "what if x happened?" and flesh it out using basic groundwork questions. Do that and you have a plot.
A writer is a world trapped in a person— Victor Hugo

Ink is blood. Paper is bandages. The wounded press books to their heart to know they're not alone.

The poetry of the earth is never dead.
— John Keats