z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo 2012 anyone?

43 Reviews

Reviews: 43
Mon Oct 08, 2012 7:14 pm
View Likes
Nai says...

I'm ashamed to admit that I just found out what exactly NaNoWriMo is a few days ago. Now that i've found out just in time, I plan on participating and can not wait to do so!
I've become a member of of www.nanowrimo.org and even joined my local Chicago region group. So far, I have several vague ideas all of which could use some elaboration. But hey, that's what research, planning, and time helps with, right?

How about you, fellow writers? Got anything going on this November?
ἓν οἶδα ὅτι οὐδὲν οἶδα

558 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 558
Sun Oct 14, 2012 7:42 pm
Matt Bellamy says...

I'll be doing it this year! Though I decided about a week ago that I would do it and I have absolutely no idea what I'm going to write about. Hopefully I'll have some kind of idea by the first, else I'll be completely winging it, which could be fun but also disastrous!
Matt.

Got Tumblr? Me too! http://www.writersam.co.uk

Peeking Cat Poetry Magazine is accepting submissions! http://peekingcatpoetrymagazine.blogspot.co.uk

9 Reviews

Reviews: 9
Sun Oct 14, 2012 9:08 pm
IamFlamingo says...

I'll be joining you guys! I've had a vague idea I've been playing with for a while, and after a free write the other day, finally figured how to connect the characters to the concept.

I've done NaNo before, and won twice but haven't finished for the last few times. Hopefully this idea will pull me through this year!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Sun Oct 21, 2012 3:55 am
Meshugenah says...

http://www.nanowrimo.org/en/forums/writ ... eads/72732 ^^
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:18 pm
View Likes
MagnusBane says...

There's no way I can do NaNo this year. Absolutely no way. So why did I just post my novel synopsis and start outlining my plot? I'm getting sucked in....
“Don't tell me the moon is shining; show me the glint of light on broken glass.” Anton Chekhov

1417 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1417
Thu Nov 01, 2012 1:48 pm
Noelle says...

MagnusBane wrote:There's no way I can do NaNo this year. Absolutely no way. So why did I just post my novel synopsis and start outlining my plot? I'm getting sucked in....

This happens to me every year. I definitely don't have time for NaNo, but I end up doing it every year (this being my third). I guess that's why I never win. The farthest I've gotten in 23,000. This year I'm determined to finish despite my insane class load at college and basketball. Then again, that's what I say every year...
Noelle is the name, reviewing and writing cliffhangers is the game.

Writer of fantasy, action/adventure, and magic. Huzzah!

"I'm writing a book. I've got the page numbers done." -- Steven Wright

YWS is life

Reviews: 0
Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:01 am
ELLYNARA3 says...

First year, I'm going to see how far I can get or if I can finish a story in just a month, I really don't know where it's going but I've started. I only heard about it on halloween.
Driver chooses the music, shotgun shuts his cake hole.- Dean to Sam, Supernatural

Feelings!- Crowley, Supernatural

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Fri Nov 02, 2012 1:57 am
megsug says...

I'm doing it for the third time, but haven't won once. I've gotta good feeling this time around. :)
Test

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Fri Nov 02, 2012 2:52 am
EloquentDragon says...

Well, my second time around.... we'll give this another go. Sad thing is, I started this novel last November and am still working on it. One year is too long. Time to finish this.
(I ended up scrapping and re-writing the plot, so no fear, I'm not cheating. ;) )
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

If food is poetry, is not poetry also food?
— Joyce Carol Oates