Young Writers Society

NaNo Therapy Clinic

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:59 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Has NaNo worn you out by the end of Day One? Do you just want a place where you can curl up in the fetal position and cry?

If so, then welcome to the NaNo Therapy Clinic. Here, you can grieve your novel before anything happens. Win or lose, all of your premeditated angst can come here to be relieved.

So relax. Listen to the rain. Have a cup of coffee.
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

355 Reviews

Reviews: 355
Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm
View Likes
LadySpark says...

Day one. Got up at midnight... Didn't even reach the 1,677 word count before I had to go to bed I was so tired. I'm really disapointed...
I was so ready to do at least 5,000 words. GUESS WHAT. It didn't happen. CAN WE SAY TEARS?
and it's only the first day, and of course I'm running a fever and feel like I'm going to fall over. I just want to sleep but I have to get up the right word count! Zero Energy.

Anyway, thanks Luminate....

This is amazing. LOOK AT WHAT WAS BESIDE EACH OTHER ON GOOGLE IMAGES. JUST LOOK. I feel so much better. ;)
Anyway, BAI.
hush, my sweet
these tornadoes are for you

-Richard Siken

Formerly SparkToFlame

532 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 532
Wed Nov 02, 2011 2:25 am
GeeLyria says...

Well...

That was exciting. I didn't get to 1677 words, but I was close...

1033 is okay, I guess...

I mean, I do not write a lot in a normal day...

Actually, I don't even write short stories... I write poems. Ó.ò

Okay. I'm done making excuses. :lol:

I might do it right tomorrow. (: Bahahahah... ^_^<3
Noob is a state of being, not a length of time. ~Ego

"Serás del tamaño de tus pensamientos; no te permitas fracasar."

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:47 pm
View Likes
Rydia says...

I'm so far behind. Like seriously. I'm a little short of 2000 words, that's how far behind I am. But! On the plus side, I am dedicating a big section of tomorrow to NaNoing so maybe I'll be able to claw back some of those words? Maybe.
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Mon Nov 07, 2011 12:59 am
crescent says...

I kind of gave up on NaNo... :/ I'm over 3000 words behind and I'm mad at my novel... I just remembered how much I hate various POVs, and somehow I decided I wanted to write my novel in multiple POVs. Whenever I switch to my elf's POV, I get stuck... which infuriates me. Okay, enough moping. I'm going to do other things now. Other non-nano related things.
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Fri Nov 11, 2011 4:21 am
View Likes
Cspr says...

Weirdly, my novel is going okay. Maybe because it's both depressing but doesn't take itself seriously (I read too much crack fanfiction in my formative years), so I have plenty of chances of using my beloved dark humor muscle. -coddles and cuddles novel- However, I'm about 1,000 words behind. But--LONG WEEKEND, YEAH.

But, I mean, how can you not have endless ideas when your main cast includes your MC who is a guy who sees and communicates with the dead, an Oberon-style fairy who looks like an albino human being who lives in the MC's attic, a pastor's daughter who ponders whether or not she's a witch, and, basically, a preppy girl who has been taken over by the fey queen of death? And when your plot involves a dead 'dancer' who imparts vague, useless warnings; a prophecy in which MC should be the hero--but isn't, dang mistaken identity; and a baby appearing in the MC's dining room's wardrobe. Oh, and then there's two rockers part of a band called Danite, which is vaguely meta because A Study in Scarlet.

The only major issue is the fact I'm in IB as well as doing this. The lack of time is driving me crazy, yo. :C
My SPD senses are tingling.

202 Reviews

Reviews: 202
Fri Nov 11, 2011 11:20 pm
Blues says...

Blehhh.

My novel has a hazy middle. EVIL. But it is curable... just have to find it out.

763 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 763
Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:54 am
Lava says...

I R Therapy Doktor.

Need halps?
~
Pretending in words was too tentative, too vulnerable, too embarrassing to let anyone know.
- Ian McEwan in Atonement

sachi: influencing others since GOD KNOWS WHEN.

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:28 pm
tinny says...

Doktor Lava!

I keep forgetting everyone's names. My characters, special little mechanical do-dads, even the name of the spaceship they're on. What do?
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

745 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:06 am
Lumi says...

Whenever I agonize over naming an element in a story, I just name it something like "WildCard1", "WildCard2", etc. And then I go through and find/replace with the right word(s)!
-Shinji Moon

189 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 189
Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:30 pm
tinny says...

It's not so much that I'm struggling to come up with names, more that I keep forgetting them ;___; one of my characters has gone from Jules Montgomery to Montague and now I seem to switch between the two whenever the whimsy takes me.
please grant me my small wish; (love me to the marrow of my bones)

204 Reviews

Reviews: 204
Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:39 pm
crescent says...

Use Control find, replace and then switch all of the names to one of them so you'll be less confused. You could always keep a list of characters on a sheet of paper for reference. :)
Please take care to use good grammar when making a post!

"grammer" 1519 matches on YWS *twitches*

Rydia is the ruler of the world. :(

745 Reviews

Supporter

Thu Nov 17, 2011 5:42 pm
View Likes
Lumi says...

Two different names for one guy? It means your subconscious is obviously working on a sub-plot involving schizophrenia, or a split past. I say you run with it!
-Shinji Moon

721 Reviews

Reviews: 721
Fri Nov 18, 2011 5:16 am
View Likes
Azila says...

Lumi wrote:Whenever I agonize over naming an element in a story, I just name it something like "WildCard1", "WildCard2", etc. And then I go through and find/replace with the right word(s)!
I think you mean Wild Card Number One, and Wild Card Number 2. Totally better for upping word counts. ;]

I come to the clinic to complain a case of excessive characters. At last count I have 13 (and a half) main characters, and easily 2-3 times as many secondary characters. :/ I'm 35k in and I've recently taken to killing some of my MCs off just so I have time to introduce the rest of them before the novel is over!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:59 pm
Lumi says...

Character overdose is a frequent concern during November, and it is suggested that you read the entirety of the text on the bottle before taking a dosage of Characters. If you believe you may have taken on too many Characters, please consult our doctor.
-Shinji Moon

I *do* like flipping tables.
— Faye Whitaker, Questionable Content