z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo 2011, who's ready?

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:30 am
MissPenelopeLane says...

It may seem early, but believe it or not NaNoWriMo is only two short months away!

There's only a certain amount of planning time left! What are you doing in these last days before NaNo starts?

How early do you plan your novel? How many details do you have worked out? Are you just going to wing it?

I've decided to make the first NaNo 2011 forum, so here it is! Let's talk about NaNo, plot together, punch each other in the teeth because we believe that we're the ultimate writer and they're not!

I know what I'm doing for NaNo, and I'm interested in hearing what you guys are going to do. What's your planning process?

I just write any ideas I have down and just start spewing nonsense until they start to take shape. Over the time it takes between now and NaNo I have a pretty awesome plot starting. Now... will it last?
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:34 am
gsppcrocks10 says...

I started planning for mine while I was writing last year's. xD And yes, I'm pretty sure I'm ready. Just need to arrange the plot and I'll be good to go... and I pretty much have everything figured out. I also come up with ideas basically the same way as you. XD I'll go on brainstorming tangents and fill up whatever paper I can find with ideas. Last time it was a receipt from Target.

On another note...

ZOMGTWOMONTHS! *panics*
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

336 Reviews

Reviews: 336
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:36 am
Jas says...

I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing for Nano. I attempted last year, for the first time and failed epicly at 14k. I had Mid-terms during November so I guess I am sort of excused but I think that I might continue my story from last year, yeah it's cheating but at least I'll be up to 28k by the end of it! :D
I am nothing
but a mouthful of 'sorry's, half-hearted
apologies that roll of my tongue, smoothquick, like 'r's
or maybe like pocket candy
that's just a bit too sweet.

~*~

Reviews: 2
Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:38 am
MissPenelopeLane says...

Crocks ~
You spazzy girl you! Yes, it's two months! You had better hurry yourself up and get the order of operations worked out.

FEEL THE BURN, WITH MATH!

Jasminebells ~

Haha, the first time I did NaNo (last year) I made it through in ten days, but only because it was the worst thing I ever wrote. It was total nonsense, and it was awful, awful, awful! I'm hoping this year I'll be able to do something that doesn't totally suck.

I'm sure you'll be able to do it if you try! Haha, good luck!
Do you want Peace, Love, and Happiness?
~Good, because so do I.
Before you can do that, you must do one thing.
~Imagine ALL the people.
That or sit on the couch eating nachos.

...Let's just do that.

180 Reviews

Reviews: 180
Sun Sep 04, 2011 1:40 am
Cspr says...

Yeah, I'm hoping to do it this year. I did it last year and made it to 53,000 k. I was SO EXCITE. :3

However, I somehow got into a school for brainiacs or something (I'm, like, Hermoine Granger but more butch and less cool) so I have loads of homework now. I'm not sure how I'll manage it. o.o

Otherwise, I have almost no ideas.

Well, I had an idea--then I wrote it. Then I had a lot of other ideas--then I wrote them. I'm a panster. Thought of writing causes convos IN MY MIND and I have to write them down or I'll go nuts. x.x Hence, I sort of will just have to wait. -looks pained- Hopefully it will be more decent than my last.

Sure, I made the cut, but it was madness. Not even good madness. I chose an amnesic for my main character. She had no idea what a seagull was.

It's like I try to kill myself.

Otherwise, good luck to all you guys! Hopefully, we'll all do lovely this year. :D (And maybe, on the last day of September, someone can just give me a prompt and I'll give them back a novel, because otherwise I will have a dozen unfinished oh-this-will-be-my-Nano novels by November. :? But that's probably cheating.)
My SPD senses are tingling.

201 Reviews

Reviews: 201
Sun Sep 04, 2011 2:57 am
peanut19 says...

I have a few ideas floating around...some short stories I'm thinking of expanding. Maybe a dystopian novel? I'm not sure but I know that for either of those I have a TON of research to do. So I'm probably going to start that in the next few days. Good luck, everybody(:
~peanut~
There is a light in you, a Vision in the making with sorrow enough to extinguish the stars. I can help you.
~And The Light Fades

The people down here are our zombies, who should be dead or not exist but do.
~Away From What We Started

P.S Got YWS?

100 Reviews

Reviews: 100
Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:24 pm
gsppcrocks10 says...

Dystopias are SO FUN to write. You'll have to tell me how that goes, Peanut.
Just another quack spouting psychobabble.

"If I win, I'm a prodigy. If I lose, then I'm mad. That's the way history is written."

41 Reviews

Reviews: 41
Wed Sep 07, 2011 11:18 pm
AwesomeSocks says...

I'm ready!!! I didn't get very far last year (only 5,000 words :(), so I'm going with my old story. I have so many kinks to work out! Hopefully I can get to a place where the story flows in time :/
transmissions from space

Reviews: 1
Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:19 pm
lysstripes says...

I am far from ready. Last year The only thing I had worked out at midnight November 1st was what I wanted to name one of the main characters. The novel had no actual plot or conflict until I was about 5K into it. But I finished the month with 50K, so obviously I did something right. Even if the novel is still unfinished...

This year, I desperately want to have a plot idea BEFORE NaNo, but at this rate, I'll be lucky if I even have character names. I'm crazy nervous, but it's a good nervous. I think...

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Sun Sep 25, 2011 12:39 am
View Likes
tori1234 says...

Still trying to decide on what to write. I have a couple of stories floating around in my head, but none of them seem interesting enough for me to want to write 50,000+ words of them. Oh well, I'll think of something!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Thu Sep 29, 2011 10:33 pm
Island6 says...

I think I'm going to attempt this for the first time this year :)

I have no idea what I'm going to do yet...
<3

75 Reviews

Reviews: 75
Fri Sep 30, 2011 2:08 am
tori1234 says...

finally thought of something the other night! I'm so excited to start writing!
Nants ingonyama bagithi Baba
Sithi uhm ingonyama
Nants ingonyama bagithi baba
Sithi uhhmm ingonyama
Ingonyama
Siyo Nqoba
Ingonyama
Ingonyama nengw' enamabala

If you know what this is from, become my best friend. =)

We wandered the halls of an infinite magic nursing home, led by a hippo nurse with a torch. Really, just an ordinary night for the Kanes.
— Rick Riordan, The Throne of Fire