z

Young Writers Society

NaNo...what?

713 Reviews

Reviews: 713
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:09 am
BigBadBear says...

Hey! I am new here and I have been reading through all of this Nano stuff... what the heck does it mean? I mean what is the point? It seems like something you do every year.. you write a novel and submit it.. but what is it????
Just write -- the rest of life will follow.

Would love help on this.

87 Reviews

Reviews: 87
Wed Oct 17, 2007 1:14 am
Perra says...

NaNoWriMo = National Novel Writing Month.
It happens every November and starts at 12 a.m. on November 1. From that moment, you have 30 days (til midnight November 30/December1) to write 50,000 words towards of a novel.
Because of the time constraint, NaNoWriMo is more about quantity, not quality. The point is the existence of words, not what the words say. :)

Here's the official site:
http://www.nanowrimo.org/
YWS gives me carpal tunnel.

Need a Critique?

Evil lurks everywhere, often in plain sight...Can you lurk in plain sight? Or is that just walking?

701 Reviews

Reviews: 701
Wed Oct 17, 2007 5:34 am
bubblewrapped says...

The point? It's fun!

Basically the purpose of NaNo (IMHO) is to give you a kick up the bum and get you started on that novel/story/whatever that's been bugging you for ages. It has been a great source of inspiration for me personally this year, even though this is my first official attempt :)

Check out the site for a detailed explanation of what it involves :)
Got a poem or short story you want me to critique?

There is only one success: to be able to spend your life in your own way, and not to give others absurd maddening claims upon it. (C D Morley)

An existential crisis a day keeps the writer's block away <3
— LadyBug