z

Young Writers Society

My second NaNoWriMo Pep talk, and Happy thanks Giving!

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 22, 2006 6:26 pm
Emerson says...

My lack of squills posts is getting me to write this. It says we are supposed to write 1 for every two weeks but, I don’t see anyone else writing these! Oh well, I’m a good rule follower.

Thanks giving is coming up, lots and lots of food and lots and lots of sleeping. And time off from school! If you are behind on your NanoWrimo this would be a great place to catch up to the rest of us, or with the ‘normal’ people who haven’t finished yet ;-) Or, you could just get to your own goal. Maybe 20k, or maybe 1k even, depending on how hard you have worked in the first place.

Even though the goal of Nanowrimo is to write 50,000 words, I think if you have written ANYTHING (sorry for those who haven’t even written a word! No insult is meant!) that you should give yourself a pat on the back, and a nice time to think about how good you’ve done. (Even if 99.9% of it isn’t readable!) It’s something, and it’s a lot more than most people would do. Just think, you did write something, didn’t you?

At least you don’t have a blank page, those are the scariest.

So, I think I have a moral or lesson behind this, I’m not completely sure. So I’ll wing it. Good job if you’ve finished, good job if you haven’t. I’m happy if you’ve written anything, and if you still want to sprint to the ending like, and are way behind, set a minimum of words you can write over this break, whether per day or over the whole event, and go for it. Get yourself up 10,000 words, you’ll feel good, even if you’ll only get to 10,000 words in total :-D I’ll give you some of the apple pie I’m making, how does that sound?

So there is my second Nano pep talk. Oh, and happy Thanks Giving! Watch out for stampeding shoppers on Black Friday!!!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

I think the best thing about making it into the quote generator is when nobody tells you, so one day you're just scrolling and voila, some phenomenally inane thing that crawled out of your dying synapses and immediately regretted being born the second it made contact with the air has been archived for all time. Or worse, a remark of only average inanity. Never tell me when you've put me in the generator. Pride-tinged regret just doesn't taste the same without the spice of surprise.
— SirenCymbaline