Young Writers Society

Virginia's Woolf's words of wisdom:

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sat Nov 18, 2006 7:26 am
Snoink says...

Virginia Woolf:

"It is worth mentioning, for future reference, that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book quiets down after a time, and one goes on more steadily. Doubts creep in. Then one becomes resigned. Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything."

Keep up at it, guys and gals! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Nov 18, 2006 2:14 pm
Cassandra says...

A lovely quote, Snoink. I especially liked the "that the creative power which bubbles so pleasantly in beginning a new book..." part. =D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

1258 Reviews

Reviews: 1258
Sat Nov 18, 2006 9:44 pm
Sam says...

Thank you, Snoinkus!

...where do the bubbles go? That's what I want to know. :P
Graffiti is the most passionate form of literature there is.

- Demetri Martin

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:23 am
Duskglimmer says...

*feels like the fish from Finding Nemo* Bubbles! Bubbles! *closes front cover of her book* My bubbles.

"Determination not to give in, and the sense of an impending shape keep one at it more than anything."

An impeding shape... yup... that's my novel in a nutshell.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

3821 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 3821
Sun Nov 19, 2006 12:37 am
Snoink says...

Sam wrote:Thank you, Snoinkus!

...where do the bubbles go? That's what I want to know. :P

...they eventually pop. :P

But don't worry! Just because the bubble bursts doesn't mean the project has to be thrown away! :D
Ubi caritas est vera, Deus ibi est.

"The mark of your ignorance is the depth of your belief in injustice and tragedy. What the caterpillar calls the end of the world, the Master calls the butterfly." ~ Richard Bach

Moth and Myth <- My comic! :D

We are discreet sheep; we wait to see how the drove is going, and then go with the drove.
— Mark Twain