[Untitled Novel] 2020

453 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 453
Sun Nov 01, 2020 4:54 pm
View Likes
Lib says...

Hellooo I dunno what to say here but just pray that I'm able to do NaNo xD

To start of the first post, I'll introduce my main character, ๐•ฌ๐–—๐–Ž๐–†๐–“๐–† ๐•ถ๐–Ž๐–“๐–Œ, and I love her with all my heart.

โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„ ๐ŸŽ€ ๐“๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ช๐“ท๐“ช ๐“š๐“ฒ๐“ท๐“ฐ ๐ŸŽ€ โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€

Ariana King is sixteen years old, but acts/looks older than she is. Her birthday is on the 17th of August.

Ari has pink-dyed hair that goes down to her shoulders only. Her eyes are big and brownish-gray. Sheโ€™s usually dressed in loose clothes. She hates when something is clinging to her - especially if itโ€™s a baby. Sheโ€™s tall and lanky, and has an athleteโ€™s body.

Sheโ€™s a calm person a lot of the time but there are moments when she freaks out - which happens at the littlest things, but sheโ€™s working on it. Ari is a nature person and enjoys sitting outside under a tree with a mystery novel to keep her company. She doesnโ€™t have any friends (thereโ€™s her cat named Queen, if that counts) and has been homeschooled for her whole life.

Sheโ€™s the youngest of three children. Her two elder brothers are adults now. Jacob is in university, studying mechanics, and the other, Aidan, is married to the love of his life, Esma. Her mother passed away two months after Ari was born. Her father, Dave, is a lawyer and is barely ever at home, meaning Ari and Jacob have the big three story mansion to themselves most of the time. She was most attached to Aidan, but after he left to his own apartment with Esma, whoโ€™s a creepy amount of cheery with kids, Ari and Jacob have gotten closer.

Ariana has no powers since sheโ€™s a normal human being living on normal Earth.

Her strengths are mainly listening and piecing together pieces of situations to come to a conclusion.

Her only weakness is the dark.

Ariโ€™s favorite food is casserole and her favorite color is purple.

*insert quirky signature here*

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 02, 2020 2:00 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Alright now that I have to sit down and rewrite the plot/summary/whatever in a sensible way, I'm gunna give it a go~

โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„ ๐ŸŽ€ ๐“ ๐“ข๐“พ๐“ถ๐“ถ๐“ช๐“ป๐”‚ ๐ŸŽ€ โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€

Ariana King has always been homeschooled, but as soon as she turns sixteen on the 17th of August, her father, for some reason, has decided that Ari would go to Opaque Lake High for the rest of the school year. Although she's infuriated at this sudden decision, and frustrated that Mr. King hadn't talked to her about it before enrolling her, Ari has no choice but to go. His childrens' education had always been Mr. King's top priority.

Soon enough, Ari is settled at school, getting good grades when it came to tests and being the usual over achiever she is like her father, who was a lawyer. Ari notices things going wrong when she sees stairwells and doors that other people don't see. She keeps telling herself that she's just stressed out about final exams, and that she's being a weirdo.

Or... is she?

Things get even stranger when the twin owners of the corner shop across the street from her school keep talking about stairwells and doors. They've even tried to get her to come down to the shop basement to show her something she would apparently be very interested in.

Ariana King absolutely must figure out what's going on before the end of the school year and her family goes out of Canada for summer vacations.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Mon Nov 02, 2020 4:19 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Day I

I swear I had like 400 something words down for today but it was too boring so I erased it and decided to restart but I got distracted ahhh. I will try to do 3,334 by tomorrow somehow!!

I was going to start off with Ari arguing with her father about going to a school after so many years of homeschooling, her father winning the argument (duh he's a lawyer), and him sending Jacob and her off to Walmart to get school supplies.

But of course that's probably the boringest thing ever.

Soooo I decided this is how things are going to go:

- Ari will be at school in science class and the bell rings. She leaves to go home right away but as she's walking back home, she sees a corner shop and decides to get herself a bar of chocolate.
- The twin men who work at The Victor Shop see her, ask about her family history, she's creeped out and decides she hates the place.
- She goes home, wanting to ask her father if he or her mom knew anything about Hubert and Herb Victor, but of course he's too busy to be at home so her only chance is Aidan or Jacob, but Jacob's at hockey practice.
- Ari walks to Aidan's place and to her relief, Esma has a night shift at the hospital (she's a nurse) so she's able to talk to Aidan without being interrupted several times by Esma.
- Aidan also says he knows nothing about Hubert or Herb or any Victor family. Lol imagine how frustrated this girl is right now xD Anywayyy she goes home defeated, does her homework, and falls asleep.

That should be good enough I guess.

Why don't I just summarize each chapter instead of writing thousands of words every single day? Nah there would be no fun in that. I'll just have to catch up to 3k words approx. by tomorrow.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Tue Nov 03, 2020 3:32 am
View Likes
Lib says...

Day II

Okayyy so I admit I didn't write at all today because we've been driving pretty much all day and have finally (and safely, considering the wind and rain) arrived at out destination. Althooough I did brainstorm a couple of ideas for the next bit.

I'm going to write a quick summary over here like I did in the last post so it's easier for me to write all of it out during the weekend or whenever I'm free.

LEGGO

- We begin chapter two!
- It's a Wednesday, so she goes to school, duh, and has French instead of science today, and the rest of her classes are the same but in a different order.
- As she goes to her last class, which is Phys. Ed., she notices a door she hadn't seen there before. She asks her friend, Nova, who's been at the school for more than a decade (because it's a private school and not a section) but Nova just laughs it off like "whaaaa bro you okay xD"
- Ari goes home all frustrated and to her relief, sees her dad home and asks him about the Victor twins at the corner shop.
- She doesn't get answers though, because this is only chapter two and I'm not giving away everything in chapter two because just no. But her father gets all weird and goes "asdfghjkl; wat" and goes very out of character so now Ari just doesn't trust anyone ever.

Annnd that's the end of chapter two. If it's not enough, I'll probably mush this chapter and the next posts' notes together to make one decent sized chapter. c:

I have no picture for today D: But I'll edit it later this week with a picture of what Nova looks like and maybe a whole character description of her even though she's not really important to the story.

453 Reviews

Supporter

Fri Nov 06, 2020 4:28 am
Lib says...

Day V

Okay!! I missed two days!! But here we are!! And I whipped up a picture of Nova as well which I'm really proud of, and which is at the very bottom of this post. The way she looks pretty much conveys her personality. Laid-back, completely chill, and sorta bad-girl-ish-but-not-really, if that makes sense??

Well anywayyy I'll get to note taking now:

- It's a Thursdayyy, she goes to school, sees a ~mysterious door~ and asks Nova but is once again waved off.
- It's first period, English, and Nova tells Ari that she's going to the corner shop, but doesn't ask Ari if she wants to go. This frustrates Ari because she doesn't like that fact that Nova just "assumed" that just because Nova was going somewhere, didn't mean Ari would tag along like her puppy. Even though it doesn't seem like too big of a deal to Nova, Ari thinks it is.
- Nova apologizes, Ari accepts, they go to the Corner Shop, and the twins oldies are even more weird, I dunno how, they just are.
- Because Nova is so random, she accepts the offer to go downstairs to see their new stock of spices. Random, I told you, but that's Nova Charlotte Eldrige for you!
- I dunno what happens next, I'm brain dead right now but I'll continue this tomorrow if I don't have too much homework.

If I have notes written down for tomorrow, I'm hoping to have 10k words down by Saturday night! Wish me luck plez. ;-;

And to bless your eyes... The one and only...

โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„ ๐ŸŽ€ ๐“๐“ธ๐“ฟ๐“ช ๐“’๐“ฑ๐“ช๐“ป๐“ต๐“ธ๐“ฝ๐“ฝ๐“ฎ ๐“”๐“ต๐“ญ๐“ป๐“ฒ๐“ฐ๐“ฎ ๐ŸŽ€ โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€โ–„โ–€

453 Reviews

Supporter

Wed Nov 11, 2020 9:54 pm
Lib says...

Day VI

I haven't updated in a while and I feel really guilty about that because, y'know, I just do. :p

Anyway, I did a bit of writing today. More like 430 words exactly. But I do actually plan on writing some more tonight! I have no notes to make for now, I'm just trying to put my notes in words that actually make sense and make up (a) chapter(s). :') Hopefully it'll be a full novel by the end of this month. Fat chance, but let me hopeee.

^ngl that doesn't look like 430 imo. more like 50k.
no jk. xP

Update: I did 475 more words for a total of 905 words. :)

Not all treasure is silver and gold, mate.
— Captain Jack Sparrow