Young Writers Society

Cancelled NaNo Project

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Oct 02, 2020 5:27 am
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Synopsis
Now that the war is over, President William McHale has some tough decisions to make-- too many, really. With so many war criminals to be punished, a traitor to execute, and a depressed family to take care of. The West must be rebuilt, and a population to count. With 2022 just around the corner, he has more than enough on his pate.

Now, though, Grandpa McHale faces his hardest challenges yet. Challenges are outpouring from the West to the legitimacy of his presidency, and the fascist regime has spread further into the ranks of the Americans than anyone had dared to consider. Struggling to keep he Westerners in line, many at home (and abroad) are questioning his skills as a leader just when America needs a leader the most...
Last edited by Riverlight on Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

590 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 590
Fri Oct 02, 2020 12:43 pm
View Likes
Mageheart says...

I don't really know much about the other installments in this series, but I love the premise so far! It sounds like you're dealing with the aftermath of the events of the first two books. Even though I haven't read the other two books, I'm definitely curious about how McHale will handle all of those challenges!
mage

[ she/her, but in a boy kinda way ]

roleplaying is my platonic love language.

queer and here.

311 Reviews

Reviews: 311
Fri Oct 02, 2020 1:03 pm
View Likes
Riverlight says...

Thanks @Magebird!
The politics of the world may be corrupt, but that does not mean that we must be corrupted ourselves.

These were autumn mornings, the time of year when kings of old went forth to conquest; and I, never stirring from my little corner in Calcutta, would let my mind wander over the whole world.
— Rabindranath Tagore, The Cabuliwallah