z

Young Writers Society

Blast of Encouragment

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:52 pm
Emerson says...

I'm supposed to do at least one of these every two weeks... I got a bit behind on this one :-D oh well, no ones said anything.

I've figured, Nano is coming up, right? And what is the one thing writers seem to lack? Self-esteem. Or a positive attitude. Either of those. And that is something you REALLY are going to need if you want to finish nano.

Write yourself little notes: "You're doing great!" and hid them somewhere so when you find them, you'll smile at your own stupidity.

If you've just written 10,000 words (and this is to those Nanoers) and you're stressed, you can't write anymore! Calm down, go take a ten minute break and reward yourself for the amazing 10,000 you have ALREADY smacked out of the way. Don't think about the other 40,000 words you still have to do! unless its the 29th then uhhh no breaks for you!! hee hee.

And the last tip I can give, is to stay positive. Don't beat down on yourself with things like "I can't do this" or "I'm not good enough" or "I suck!" (wow, that's me!) because if you tell yourself something enough, you will become what you say. Be nice to yourself! You work so hard, you should at least be able to tell yourself some nice compliments! Go easy on yourself, writing is hard. Just try to make it as easy and painless as possible.

I hope this blast of encouragement helped someone :-D

(I think this whole Squills was written just for me. I'm such a pessimist...)

Oh, I forgot one more thing:

YOU CAN DO IT! YOU ARE THE GREATEST! NEVER GIVE UP!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:07 pm
Firestarter says...

YAY! *explodes with self-belief*
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Tue Oct 31, 2006 11:16 pm
Cassandra says...

^I swear that I was just going to type that until I saw your comment, Jack. I just want to be like, "Yay!!!!"

So yeah.

YAY!

Thanks for this, Claudette! :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Wed Nov 01, 2006 5:43 am
Wiggy says...

You're always so encouraging Claudette. :D

I bet everyone $50 that Claudette's gonna finish early.

I'm gonna owe everyone a lot of money if I'm wrong! :shock:

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Wed Nov 01, 2006 11:56 am
Emerson says...

You think I'm gunna finish early? Perhaps. I'm an anxious person. I could see it happening.

The thing is: I'm more concerned with finishing my story, than reaching 50k. how funny! I'll make it I'm sure :-D
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Wed Nov 01, 2006 2:07 pm
Myth says...

Wow! Encouragement is always a confidence booster.

My novel is pretty short, I *hope* I can finish it.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

863 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 863
Wed Nov 01, 2006 6:30 pm
Griffinkeeper says...

Wow! I'm not even in NaNoWriMo and I feel more confident!

Great idea!
Moderator Emeritus (frozen in carbonite.)

I am big enough to admit I am often inspired by myself.
— Leslie Knope