z

Young Writers Society

anyone attending regional Nano events?

131 Reviews

Reviews: 131
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:09 pm
smaur says...

Okay, so most areas have a regional lounge, especially in Canada and the U.S., where all the people in your area hang out and talk and organize nifty get-togethers. So is anyone attending any of their regional Nanowrimo events — write-ins, launch parties, etc.? Our launch party is tomorrow (I'm going with a bunch of friends) — anyone else?
"He yanked himself free and fled to the kitchen where something huddled against the flooded windowpanes. It sighed and wept and tapped continually, and suddenly he was outside, staring in, the rain beating, the wind chilling him, and all the candle darkness inside lost."

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:12 pm
Emerson says...

We have a kick off party tomorrow at a Bread Co. (Panera, I think its called everywhere else) I'm not sure how many people are going, really but it sounds like fun.

There are also a LOT of write-ins for my area, But I don't think any of them are too close to where I actually live. I'm hoping to find some. There seem to be a lot of Nano-ers where I live, which is pretty exciting.

I'm hoping to see Shifter at one of them :-D I found out she lives 30 miles away from me, hah!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Sat Oct 28, 2006 5:15 pm
Cassandra says...

There's a kick-off thing either today or tomorrow for my area, but I don't think my parents would ever let me go. Maybe when I can finally drive! :)
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

Reviews: 1
Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:53 pm
Comechatcha says...

I'll be going to the Bellingham, WA kick-off party on Monday, just as soon as I convince my parents to drive me.

381 Reviews

Reviews: 381
Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:14 pm
Fand says...

Even though I can see Manhattan from my bedroom window, it still takes me at least an hour to get in there (gah... traffic), and since most of the events are set late (like, nine or ten) on weeknights, or during the middle of the day on class-days...

Well, we've still got write-ins!
Bitter Charlie :: Shady Grove, CA :: FreeRice (162,000/1,000,000)

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Sun Oct 29, 2006 11:57 am
Firestarter says...

I was thinking of going to the kick-off in my area, but ended up being busy! Pschh.
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Sun Oct 29, 2006 3:31 pm
Emerson says...

I'm so excited! What do I do to waste time until the kick off party? Homework -_-
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again.
— James R. Cook