z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo Novel Status!

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:14 am
Nate says...

Okay everyone, so where are you in your novel right now? I'm still in the planning stages for mine, but I do plan on doing it this year!

488 Reviews

Reviews: 488
Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:20 am
Meshugenah says...

I know what I'm doing! Well, sort of.

I'm going to re-tell fairy tales! Maybe mix and match some lesser-known ones, or just pick a couple at random and delve right in. The beauty is they're already written; I get to give the story life. And shake things up a bit, claro :P

Can't wait! It's my first year, and really a trial run for me. So I'm jupming in head-first, and hoping for the best.

*pokes Nate* what's yours about?
***Under the Responsibility of S.P.E.W.***
(Sadistic Perplexion of Everyone's Wits)

Medieval Lit! Come here to find out who Chaucer plagiarized and translated - and why and how it worked in the late 1300s.

I <3 Rydia

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Thu Oct 26, 2006 3:23 am
Emerson says...

It's my first year, also.

I've planned, not thoroughly enough. I should probably do more planning, come to think of it. I got to a certain point and stopped because it was too much work, that damn ending was frustrating me! I'm trying to rename my MC right now (and failing)

I've got a 3,000-ish word outline so... I guess I'm doing good. 6 days, not counting today, isn't it? How exciting!

yeah, Nate, what is your novel about?
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

425 Reviews

Reviews: 425
Thu Oct 26, 2006 4:18 am
Nate says...

Mine's an idea that I've had for a long time. It's about two groups of neighborhood kids who set up rival lemonade stands. I'm basing it largely off the area I grew up in Connecticut, but I plan on using it to demonstrate why the free market always works best.

So far I have a few pages written and I hope to have the whole thing done by the end of the month. Hopefully it'll turn out well.

1259 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1259
Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:44 am
View Likes
Firestarter says...

I've planned it all, but I still don't think I'm ready. The outline is pretty bare still. It's hardly an outline, just a few sentences for each year/main event (my novel somehow thinks it will cover twenty years). But I don't have a job (and should have) so I'll have so much free time it would be sad for me to be able to do it, really. I mean, my evenings will probably be busy, and most of the weekend, but I can still get up at 9 and have 9 hours of writing time (about).
Nate wrote:And if YWS ever does become a company, Jack will be the President of European Operations. In fact, I'm just going to call him that anyways.

506 Reviews

Reviews: 506
Thu Oct 26, 2006 12:11 pm
Sureal says...

I have no plan, and only really a vague idea of where I'm going 8).
I wrote the above just for you.

820 Reviews

Reviews: 820
Thu Oct 26, 2006 1:10 pm
Myth says...

I have a vague idea for mine and changed many plots twists and such. I've settled on working on the beginning chapters with summaries as to what takes place in each part. The characters and technology are really coming along.
.: ₪ :.

'...'

447 Reviews

Reviews: 447
Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:24 pm
Duskglimmer says...

I'm about as planned out as I'm gonna get between now and November 1st. I have all my major plot points on paper and in the order I intend to write them. I just a lot of little filler things to figure out, which I will probably think up as I write them down anyways.
The robbed that smiles, steals something from the thief. ~William Shakespeare, Othello
Boo. SPEW is watching.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:28 pm
Cassandra says...

Like Dusky, I'm done my planning. I mean, I'm not actually fully planned--I have no idea what happens after chapter eleven or so--but I've done all the planning I'm going to do. From there, I'll ride on the wave of creativity that I'm hoping will rise when November comes. :D
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

402 Reviews

Reviews: 402
Thu Oct 26, 2006 7:48 pm
Wiggy says...

I have no plan except for doing character outlines...I may try a toned down version of NaNo.

Wiggy ;)
"I will have to tell you, you have bewitched me body and soul..." --Mr. Darcy, P & P, 2005 movie
"You pierce my soul." --Cpt. Frederick Wentworth

Got YWS?

387 Reviews

Reviews: 387
Thu Oct 26, 2006 11:28 pm
yoha_ahoy says...

I have plots for the next three years. Last year I got the idea for a four-book series. Hence why I already have my plots. But, I haven't actually done any actual PLANNING for this year until today. I wrote about a half page outline thingie.... Not very extensive. I plan on doing a bit more, but otherwise, I just wing it. :D
@(^_^)@
Got YWS?

145 Reviews

Reviews: 145
Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:19 am
Skye says...

My planning is about knee-high to a grasshopper. As it should be. :)
"A poet in love is best encouraged in both capacities or neither." ~ Jane Austen, Emma.

46 Reviews

Reviews: 46
Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:26 am
Kel says...

I'm procrastinating on my world.

My characters are husks.

I'm good to go!
Write from the heart and nothing can go wrong. It's when you write from the wallet that the feeling goes away.

161 Reviews

Reviews: 161
Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:34 am
Cassandra says...

Bwahaha.

Cassandra just came up with an ending, or has come pretty close to it.

Isn't it great when inspiration strikes you at the most unexpected, inopportune moments? I should be going to sleep right now, but am I? Heck no! I must scribble done this idea. :D
Last edited by Cassandra on Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
"All God does is watch us and kill us when we get boring. We must never, ever be boring."
-Chuck Palahniuk

2058 Reviews

Reviews: 2058
Fri Oct 27, 2006 1:54 am
Emerson says...

Go Cassie! I love your story... I'm really looking forward to reading it, so you better finish it!

I need to work on my ending. I'm nervous. I have nothing!
“It's necessary to have wished for death in order to know how good it is to live.”
― Alexandre Dumas, The Count of Monte Cristo

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.
— Eric Hoffer