z

Young Writers Society

The Accidental Ghosts (2nd Draft)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Oct 30, 2018 1:59 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

So, I'm not sure I can participate, but why not? :)

My plan is to finish reading my first draft of my novel The Accidental Ghosts in October, and in the first week of November take notes and research. For the rest of November, I hope to edit through ten to twenty pages of my novel. Editing is new territory to me, so my goals may increase or decrease.

If you're curious what's my novel about, it follows the story of your model upper-class Victorian girl who drinks a tonic, supposedly one that strengths the drinker, that makes her transparent--ghostified. Basically she, along with a boy who drank the tonic as well, her kindly uncle, a snarky talking doll, and a cunning magical cat have to go on a journey to find a cure.

My goals in the edits is to make some stretches (primarily the beginning) less boring and stretch out the last fifty pages a bit because they're too rushed. I also need to consider how to spread out the search, how to make it less aimless and not too successful either. My characters also quarrel way too much, it seems!

Good luck to everyone else participating in NaNoWriMo! :D
always daydreaming, always clumsy

415 Reviews

Reviews: 415
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:12 am
View Likes
keystrings says...

This story sounds like a lot of fun, so good luck with your project! Sounds pretty cool :)
name: key/string/perks
pronouns: she/her/hers and they/them/theirs

novel: the clocktower (camp nano apr 24)
poetry: the beauty of the untold (napo 2024)

373 Reviews

Reviews: 373
Tue Oct 30, 2018 3:15 am
View Likes
PrincessInk says...

Thanks @concord! Anyway, have fun with your NaNo :)
always daydreaming, always clumsy

You wanna get nuts? Let's get nuts.
— LEGO Batman