z

Young Writers Society

NaNoWriMo 2016 Participants!

745 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 745
Sat Oct 08, 2016 5:33 am
Lumi says...

SO! YWS, who among you will be charging at the beast this year, and what are your personal goals?

I personally want to complete five chapters of my serial novel within the month, which is a huge feat for me seeing as I write at a snail's pace (though I'm hoping to use @Birkhoff's newfound writing speed to light a fire under my butt).

Good luck and happy writing!
I am a forest fire and an ocean, and I will burn you just as much
as I will drown everything you have inside.
-Shinji Moon

I am the property of Rydia, please return me to her ship.

594 Reviews

Reviews: 594
Sat Oct 08, 2016 6:07 am
Crysi says...

My "charge" is more like resentfully being dragged with a rope. I miss being able to write 50k, but I'd be happy if I just reached 10k. The past couple years I've gotten to around 6-8k. But, you know, I should probably have a solid plot and some characters if I'm gonna do that.
Love and Light

1081 Reviews

Reviews: 1081
Sun Oct 09, 2016 7:34 pm
Virgil says...

I'm going to be trying to write the whole novel, or maybe even win for a second time, but I'm not quite sure yet because I don't know how I'll end up faring with the rest of the things I have to do because this year I can't dedicate all of my time towards Nano though I might have to. I should probably be practicing my writing so I can do enough each day.

Will Review For Food - Always taking review requests!

Discuss the last piece of media you consumed in Media Reviews!

212 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 212
Tue Oct 11, 2016 7:23 am
ScarlettFire says...

I'll be attempting the 50k again this year, though I'm probably not going to get there.... Then again, I'm my region's ML this year, so I should probably set a good example. >.>
"With friends like you, who needs a medical license?" - Paimon, Aether's Heart

“It's easier to ask forgiveness than it is to get permission.” - Grace Hopper.

621 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 621
Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:57 pm
Rook says...

I think!
I will actually try to do this this year!
I think I finally have time?
I'm not very good at planning. I have like a quarter of a chapter written already from before I thought I was gonna do NaNo.
I think I'm going to try to win, but we'll see how that comes along during November itself.
Instead, he said, Brother! I know your hunger.
To this, the Wolf answered, Lo!

-Elena Passarello, Animals Strike Curious Poses

125 Reviews

Reviews: 125
Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:21 pm
PickledChrissy says...

I will! I'm not sure what story idea of mine is going to be put through the torture, but one of them will be. Maybe even that one... my baby that I can't ever finish for some reason.
A well-regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed ~Second Amendment.

I love my guns. ;)

1087 Reviews

Reviews: 1087
Fri Oct 14, 2016 8:26 pm
Sins says...

Okay so usually I'm like oh, I'll totally do NaNo this year in my head, and then proceed to do nothing.

So.

This is me putting down in writing that I'm going to attempt NaNo this year. Maybe I'll actually do it then. Probably won't because, y'know, me. But still. You all have to make me feel bad if I don't, m'kay?

I have a potential plot line that's been in my head for aaaaages, but it's kind of dumb and makes no sense, and so I figured NaNo would be perfect for it. If not that, I may just use NaNo as a motivator to write more of my current project. Kinda want to start from scratch like a true NaNoer though. Also kinda want to do the 50k goal because, y'know, go hard or go home.

(Granted, I probably should have done this when I was 14 and wasn't in the middle of doing a degree, but heck, that would just be so unlike me.)

I talk too much.
I didn't know what to put here so I put this.

661 Reviews

Reviews: 661
Sun Oct 30, 2016 9:39 am
Jasmine Hart says...

50,000 words, 2,000 a day to give myself a bit of a cushion. Aiming to complete the first draft of my existing novel.
"Just like moons and like suns,
With the certainty of tides,
Just like hopes springing high,
Still I'll rise."
-Maya Angelou

117 Reviews

Reviews: 117
Mon Oct 31, 2016 9:07 pm
crossroads says...

I'm in.
My goal— to finally get that one story told. The one that's been there for like years now. It really deserves it, if it'd just agree to getting on the page already!
• previously ChildOfNowhere
- they/them -
literary fantasy with a fairytale flavour

359 Reviews

Reviews: 359
Tue Nov 01, 2016 6:03 pm
steampowered says...

I'm aiming for 50,000 words this NaNo, but I'd like to go over. It's a steampunk novel, not a sub-genre I've ever seriously tried writing in before, but I'm very much enjoying this draft so far. :D
Live well. Learn lots. Question everything.

93 Reviews

Reviews: 93
Wed Nov 02, 2016 5:33 pm
Lefty says...

My goal this year is 50k, but I've never done or won NaNo before, so we shall see!
Hear me out, there's so much more to life than what you're feeling now. Someday you'll look back on all these days, and all this pain is gonna be invisible. - Hunter Hayes

“Can a magician kill a man by magic?” Lord Wellington asked Strange. Strange frowned. He seemed to dislike the question. “I suppose a magician might,” he admitted, “but a gentleman never could.”
— Susanna Clarke, Jonathan Strange & Mr Norrell