Young Writers Society

Who's ready for NaNoWriMo?

560 Reviews

Reviews: 560
Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:35 pm
View Likes
Tenyo says...

Nano! *Hypes*

I have sooo much work to do so that I can clear time for Nano. Playing on the YWS forums is not getting me any work done, but it is fun none the less.

And Wilkos recently brought out a new stream of stationary that is perfect for nanowrimo, so I went on a stationary binge >.> I have a giant notebook with the words "Write and Write and Write and Write and Write and Write" scrawled diagonally across it. There is also a pen that reads "Think Ink Think Ink" and a pencil with "2B or not 2B."

As for a plot... I can cross that bridge when it comes. Or build it.

@Sami
Do whatever you want with the finished product. Some people edit them for publishing, some stick them in the cupboard to never see the light of day again (and with good reason.)
We were born to be amazing.

47 Reviews

Reviews: 47
Fri Oct 14, 2011 12:21 pm
Skorpionne says...

NANOWRIMO!

No time to chat, guys! There's only 17 days to go, and I don't even have any plot notes! *Plans furiously*
I've learned so much from people who never existed - Unknown

312 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 312
Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:30 pm
Mars says...

Woooo! I'm excited, but I have SO much to do before November...
'life tastes sweeter when it's wrapped in poetry'
-the wombats

critiques // nano

157 Reviews

Reviews: 157
Fri Oct 14, 2011 3:33 pm
alwaysawriter says...

I'd be doing it if I had any time to write. I barely have time to do my chores. Besides, I'll be Miami for four days in November. Maybe next year. :) Good luck everyone!
Meshugenah says to (18:12:36):
Kat's my new favorite. other than Sachi.

WWJD: What Would Jabber Do?

1735 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1735
Fri Oct 21, 2011 1:46 am
BluesClues says...

Hey, I'm a full-time college students taking sixteen credit hours, working 20 hours a week, and supporting myself for the first time. If I'm doing it anyway, you can do it!

Anyway, this is my second year, and I'm mostly ready. I can explode into the beginning of of my novel, but one I get further in I have no idea what my plot is...which I realize should be very freeing, but it kind of worries me.

Oh well, we'll see where it goes!

Hey, does anyone know - is this like NaNoWriPo where we post a thread of what we write all month? Or not for this?

~Blue

1125 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 1125
Fri Oct 21, 2011 4:47 pm
StellaThomas says...

Blue- Same situation as you! Only it's my first time doing NaNo, I've done JulNo before...
"Stella. You were in my dream the other night. And everyone called you Princess." -Lauren2010

253 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 253
Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:02 pm
View Likes
RacheDrache says...

I'm studying abroad and doing NaNo! It's going to be an incredible experience! Not going to forget writing 50,000 words in November in Berlin.

So far, everything's going well! I've got hours left of writing time and there's a scene coming up with plenty of deliciousness... should end up way ahead for today. I'm aiming for 2,000 a day, which is about 8 handwritten pages in my notebook... perfectly manageable. (Right?)
I don't fangirl. I fandragon.

Have you thanked a teacher lately? You should. Their bladder control alone is legend.

50 Reviews

Reviews: 50
Tue Nov 01, 2011 12:50 pm
iampaulop says...

I am quite ready... hmmm I dunno. I had already made 2K words (I surpassed the 1667 words per day :D ). I hope I can find time finishing it though since I still have school :(
It is our choices that show what we truly are far more than our abilities

Paul Zione

2631 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 2631
Thu Oct 18, 2012 5:30 pm
Rydia says...

With less than two weeks to go, who's ready for another year of NaNoWriMo? Feel free to tell us about your personal goal, list the name of your account or shout a general 'meeeeeee!!!!' to the crowd!
Writing Gooder

~Previously KittyKatSparklesExplosion15~

The light shines brightest in the darkest places.

1162 Reviews

Reviews: 1162
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:20 pm
Carlito says...

I'm going to try it again this year as a way to A. get back in the habit of writing every day and B. finish something else. I have so much free time it's bound to go well.... :P
It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Ask a Therapist!
I want to beta read your novel!

Ask me anything. Talk to me about anything. Seriously. My PM box is always open <3

Reviews: 4
Thu Oct 18, 2012 10:17 pm
SidereaAquila says...

I'm doing NaNoWriMo for my first time this year...with the added challenge of a four-day family vacation. My computer will be traveling with me. Aiming for about 2,000 words a day, to give myself a little time cushion at the end. Major characters are mostly set, and plot is coming along nicely.

I suppose this will also be a good exercise in actually finishing something...I normally procrastinate way too much.
Skittles: Taste the Spectrum

LIZARD!!!!!

206 Reviews

Reviews: 206
Tue Oct 23, 2012 10:29 pm
LadyPurple says...

I'm doing it despite the fact that I have A LOT to do next month with school!
You're new? Great seas! Why haven't you gone to the Buddy System yet?

You're dealing with writers. The words "normal" and "usual occurrence" do not compute.
~Rosey Unicorn

192 Reviews

Reviews: 192
Thu Oct 25, 2012 7:43 pm
EloquentDragon says...

I've been working on my NaNo since last year. X_X

Actually what happened is I said "I will write this thing so freakin' fast, I won't even care when it sucks!"

But then this guy called my protagonist happened, and then the plot grew into this incredibly complicated, awesome thing. So yeah...

NOT to be deterred! I shall write the book THIS year, THIS month! (I know I will... maybe.)

I know that's technically cheating, haveing the plot all figured out and everything but I figured, "what the heck, as long as I get er' done!"
No more countin' dollars... we'll be countin' stars.

Enter, if you dare.

308 Reviews

Reviews: 308
Sat Oct 27, 2012 6:22 am
AlfredSymon says...

Me! Gosh, gigantic butterflies flutter within the acids of my stomach! The problem is, I've no idea what to write yet... :D
Need some feed? Then read some! Take a look at today's Squills at In the News.

The Tatterdemalion takes a tattle!

"Stories are like yarn; just hold on to the tip and let the ball roll away"

96 Reviews

Supporter

Reviews: 96
Tue Oct 30, 2012 1:31 am
noninjaes says...

It's not cheating to already have a plot and stuff. It's only cheating if you'va lready started writing the book.
Noni Naps Through Nano
NaPoWriMo 2016
Stories Not Otherwise My Own

AnnieJaePayne
The Three Ninjateers
Being awesome since Jan 2012.

I'm also not sure why but even though I normally wear cool tones I have a feeling red would have been my color in the 1860s.
— Elinor