z

Young Writers Society

Last Day of School

Random avatar

Reviews: 3
Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:35 pm
TheLonleyJester says...

So I wrote this short scene for my Theater Productions class. Tell me what you think.

Ashley: When the announcement came on that someone had a gun in the school, I didn’t know what to think. I assumed that it was a drill until I heard gunshots coming from down the hall.
Haley: I… I didn’t believe it. Sure, I hear about it on the news all the time but… Nothing like this happens to me.
(Victor enters the class room and shoots the teacher with a
Victor: Brother… twisted smile on his face.)
Victor: I started to have second thoughts. When I saw the bullet that I shot take the life of another living person, I thought… Maybe I didn’t really want to do this. I pushed the guilt away the best I could. I was being ridiculous… They deserved this… I shouldn’t feel bad. It’s their fault! They brought this upon themselves!
(Victor shoots a nameless student and raises the gun up to Matt’s head.)
Matt: So there I was, staring in the face of death. Strange… I never thought that the face of death would match the face of my brother.
Ashley: It was him… I couldn’t remember his name to save my life. He was a “nobody”. He asked me on a date once. I’m not sure what I said. It was a clichéd rejection. I said something like “not even if you were the last man on Earth.” He had this look in his eye… It terrified me. I forgot all about him until now.
Haley: Matt… My Matt… He was about to be taken away from me. I had to do something. I didn’t understand… His own brother… They were best friends… They were the closest set of brothers I had ever met. People say that brothers always fight. They didn’t. I had to save him.
(Haley interrupts the murder by pushing Matt out of the way. Victor turns his gun to her and kills her.)
Victor: I don’t get it. Why would someone sacrifice their own life to save someone else? I don’t care. She needed to die anyway. My brother planned on marrying her. I just ruined his life. No. I was planning on shooting him. Why do I care? I don’t. With him out of the way, Dad will have no choice but to accept me. What if he finds out what I did to Matt? I’ll kill him too. I don’t need him. No one should be spared anyway. Everyone deserves what is coming to them.
Matt: My own brother took her life. He was always so peaceful. He was trying to kill me. I don’t understand. What has happened to him?
(Victor turns to Ashley)
Victor: You… This is your fault.
Ashley: What do you mean?
Victor: You know exactly what I mean!
(Victor kills Ashley)

Matt: Why are you doing this?
Victor: Don’t question me.
Matt: Will doing this solve anything?
(Victor is speechless)
(Cops enter with guns drawn. They yell things such as “Freeze.”)
Victor: Fools… They think that I believe I deserve to live. No one does. I am no exception. I accept my death.
(Victor points the gun at his own temple and pulls the trigger”
Matt: To this day I have no idea what tipped him off. I don’t think that anyone does. The day before it happened we were talking about what colleges he was thinking about applying to. Everything was perfect the day before. No one could have guessed that the following day would be his last day of school.

"I feel like if men sent unsolicited dragon pics instead of *other* unsolicited pics they’d get a lot further in life"
— ShadowVyper