z

Young Writers Society

Starting A Writing Group (Come Join!)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Wed Jun 12, 2013 2:33 pm
IngridClayre says...

I'd love to start an online fantasy writers group. Our first project will be composing a short story. Then, depending on how well we work together, we could do a book. I've tried this once before but everyone flaked out on me. So, please contribute if you actually want to join. Anyway, PM me if you want to join! In the PM, fill out these questions:

Name (You don't have to share your real name): I go by Ingrid
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I'd like to collaborate on a story with a few people
Availability (for chats with the group): I am currently home schooled but will be attending a high school this august. Right now I am very available, but when I start school in august, It'll have to be after homework and stuff. I can still find time for chats though.
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 11 :P
Rate the importance of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 7

~Ingrid
Last edited by IngridClayre on Mon Jun 17, 2013 10:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

5 Reviews

Reviews: 5
Thu Jun 13, 2013 12:22 am
Camulaeus says...

Name (You don't have to share your real name): My name is Cameron, if any of you are talented enough to conjure the rest of my identity from merely that I'll gladly surrender to your stalker ways. I prefer to go by any nicknames derived from that. Eg. Cam. Cammy. Camalicious. CamCam. Etc.
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I have a passion for writing, but not the patience. I hope that other people working will guilt me into joining in as well :P
Availability (for chats with the group): I'm in summer vacation for the next three months, but I'll be taking a two week hiatus in July for volunteering. Once school starts in September I'll have to cut back, maybe to only on weekends or everyother day, whenever I have time.
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 9
Rate the importance of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 8
With friends and courage one can stand against all foes, for neither man nor God can conquer those who are not alone

"109 in the sky but the pigs won't quit"

GLBT it doesn't matterone thing doesn't change who we are

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Tue Sep 03, 2013 7:28 am
StealTheWorld says...

Name (You don't have to share your real name): Call me Dark :))

Why you want to join (brief explanation): I want to have experience within all genres so I know how capable I am. I could also work on group writing.

Availability (for chats with the group): I'm taking three advanced classes, along with Honor Society and Student Council. I usually find time within the week to sit back and enjoy.

Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 7

"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Formerly: xDarkHeart27x

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:29 am
strawberryquill says...

Name (You don't have to share your real name):Resa
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I would get to know people who have varying thought processes and learn how to amalgamate them together.
Availability (for chats with the group): ok! now is there a chat here>?>?? i will surely be chatting if you could only tell me where the chatroom is!
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 10
Rate the importance of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 12 :smt004

475 Reviews

Reviews: 475
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:33 am
Apricity says...

Name: Subtle (That's the name I go by here)
Why you want to join: Like Resa said.
Availability: I'm always almost here, just give me a time.
Rate: 8.6
Rate importance of group chats:11 xD
Previously Flite

'And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music.' ― Friedrich Nietzsche

~Open for business~

Reviews: 0
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:39 am
strawberryquill says...

]Name (You don't have to share your real name):Resa
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I would get to know people who have varying thought processes and learn how to amalgamate them together.
Availability (for chats with the group): ok! now is there a chat here>?>?? i will surely be chatting if you could only tell me where the chatroom is!
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 10
Rate the importance of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 12 :smt004[/quote]arise full of eagerness and energy, knowing well what achievement lies ahead of me.

Zane Grey
Last edited by strawberryquill on Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sat Apr 19, 2014 4:41 am
deleted30 says...

Sounds like fun! :)

Name: Lucrezia
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I've always wanted to do something like this, so it'd be quite a treat to actually make happen. ^_^
Availability (for chats with the group): Currently, my schedule's wide open, though I have been known to get busy unexpectedly and disappear for short periods of time...
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 9

146 Reviews

Reviews: 146
Sat Apr 19, 2014 5:04 am
MooCowPoop says...

Name: MooCowPoop
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I want to try my hand in a new writing subject and do collabs with others!
Availability (for chats with the group): I'm unfortunately really busy thriughtout the week. I have school
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 7
Rate the important of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 6

463 Reviews

Reviews: 463
Sat Apr 19, 2014 2:43 pm
View Likes
megsug says...

Hey guys, this thread has been dead awhile, so maybe you should start PMing/chatting with each other without without waiting for a reply from Ingrid since she doesn't often get on anymore.

@strawberryquill - you won't have chat capabilities until you have five reviews under your belt. If you're not sure how to go about this, I'll leave two sources that might help.

How To Write A Good Critique and The YWS Critique Sandwich

Before your five reviews, you can still PM people by clicking the envelope on the black bar.

Oh, and I want to join the fun. :)

Name: Megs
Why you want to join (brief explanation): I haven't collaborated on a project in forever, and I realized the other day that I don't know a lot of people on here even though I feel like I should.
Availability (for chats with the group): I'm on in the evenings during school days and basically all day during the weekends unless extended family is visiting.
Rate your excitement for wanting to join (10 highest): 8
Rate the important of group chats in our schedule (10 highest): 7

I'm going to leave organizing to whoever takes it :3
Test

Random avatar

Reviews: 328
Sat Apr 19, 2014 11:49 pm
View Likes
deleted30 says...

megsug wrote:Hey guys, this thread has been dead awhile, so maybe you should start PMing/chatting with each other without without waiting for a reply from Ingrid since she doesn't often get on anymore.

Whoops. I didn't realize this was an older-ish thread. O_O

Anyway. Since Ingrid's not terribly active, I can organize the group if need be. Oh, and you guys can also discuss the details of the group at my writer's club by setting up a thread for it over there. (I can also set that up for us if y'all want.) :D

Let the wild rumpus start!
— Maurice Sendak