z

Young Writers Society

Character Adoption Center (CAC)

7 Reviews

Reviews: 7
Sun Jun 02, 2013 9:36 pm
IngridClayre says...

Here, you can get rid of and adopt (basically, share ideas for) characters. Explain their physical appearance, their name and their personality. That is the simplest way though... you can also add things like their pet peeves, family, where they live, and much much more. Feel free to give a few rough sentences and a name to describe the character or a full biography. Any way you like it is fine.
So..... I'll start it off with two characters.

1. Edward Fisher-
His hollow cheeks covered in stubble and his sunken, tired eyes suggest a hard worker. His eyes are milky blue- slowly going blind- and his ears are large and stick out a little bit. His nose droops slightly with age and his thin lips are creased with frowns. His eyebrows are wild and gray and his hair- shaggy and unkept- is a dark gray too. He has fair skin that has tanned in the many days of hard work. He has a slender build- maybe a bit too slender but he is strong... for a 50 year old man. He speaks- or rather, grumbles- to himself as he walks with a painful looking limp that is aided by a cane he most likely carved himself. He wears ruff, button up jacket and a linen shirt. His pans are worn and torn at the hem. His leather shoes barely stay on his feet. No one talks to Edward. Most people think he's crazy- though he may be a little- they don't know that he is secretly a genius.

2. Constance Deville, a fourteen year old girl with golden curls and an upturned nose. She has a bit of a scowl usually- not of course when she's trying to impress someone. Her skin is porcelain and her cheeks are naturally a bit rosy. She walks with her chin held high and her hands folded gently before her ruffly, silk gowns that she always wears. As you may have guessed, she is a born noble. Residing in an enormous manor with dozens of maids and servants, Constance is used to being pampered and is- well... a brat.
Twas bryllyg, and ye slythy toves
Did gyre and gymble in ye wabe:
All mimsy were ye borogoves;
And ye mome raths outgrabe.

12 Reviews

Reviews: 12
Sat Jul 06, 2013 1:34 pm
dreamwalkeramrita says...

I sometimes even draw character concepts to help me out! These are a couple that I drew in Photoshop.

Low Quality Boy.jpg
He is friendly and understanding, listening to your problems patiently, and offering sensible advice. He is always ready to listen, but is aloof. He never offers to share anything about his own personal life. Reclusive and popular with girls because of his kind demeanour and candour.

Girl Low Quality.jpg
She is shy reclusive, and awkward in most social situations. She does not make friends easily, even though she tries to and is friendly and unprepossessing. She has always taken refuge in books and fantasy. Due to her sheltered upbringing, she often misjudges people and their intentions. She often feels like a mismatched piece of a jigsaw puzzle, unable to fit in.

I'm not very good at drawing, so the pictures may not actually match the character descriptions...I'm not good at expressions especially. And I hate giving my characters names somehow...I loved that the main character in Rebecca was nameless...so I never name my characters unless its imperative, or integral to the plot or something.

60 Reviews

Reviews: 60
Sat Sep 14, 2013 5:29 pm
StealTheWorld says...

I have a couple characters I made up but don't want to throw away. So I'll let someone else have them. Goodbye, my lovelies! Mommy loves you! Anyway...

June - no last name yet. She's got naturally black hair, but alternates between lime green and light blue highlights. She wears a smelly leather jacket that her brother gave to her just before he left home. She's extremely loyal to those she cares about but remains a stoic lone wolf 99% of the time. Sarcasm and humor are not in her vocabulary, but making biting comments and sending VERY scary looks to those who deserve it is a specialty of hers. She's got loads of patience, but when she snaps, it's dangerous.

Maxine (Max) - She's a jock. She plays every sport her school offers and more. Her friends are all males who treat her as a brother more than an actual female. She's secretly insecure about this.
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past."
-- F. Scott Fitzgerald, The Great Gatsby

Formerly: xDarkHeart27x

I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.
— Solomon Short