z

Young Writers Society

DL Hammon's WRiTE CLUB

84 Reviews

Reviews: 84
Sat Dec 29, 2012 12:03 pm
deleted3 says...

As in, a parody of "Fight Club"

This is more like a link to an off-site activity (I hope that's ok), but I thought it was too awesome not to share! The way it works is that 2 writers are pitted against each other by submitting a maximum 500-word flash fiction piece (which can either be a stand-alone story, or a small section of an existing story). Then anyone, once they register on the "Linky List", can vote for their favourite story of the two for a limited time - you can also include a review or state the reasons for your vote. This is optional, but ultimately can help both writers, so it is recommended that you do. Once voting is closed, the winner who walked away with the most votes gets to proceed to the next stage, where they compete with other winners.

You know where this is going right? Eventually, there will be only 2 left to compete, and only one will remain standing, and the final round will be judged by a team of industry professionals. This is about as hardcore as competitive writing can get!

If you want to compete, you will have to wait until WRiTE CLUB 2013, as it's too late for new members to jump into the 2012 rounds. But you can still vote vote vote, and make sure your favourite writer gets the top spot. Note: it is currently in the Semi-Finals stage....

All submissions are done under a pen name, no real names allowed, so that voting is unbiased. Below are some helpful links:

The Rules & Linky List

Complete List of Competitors and Winners

The Skirmish: Round #1 - this is the latest action (posted on 21st December) but is not part of the main competition. The writers who were not chosen to compete are entered into these "friendly" rounds. This one is between "Figgy" and "Mink Grass". If you vote, let us know who you picked and why!

I'd have to say, there could be improvements on the way the site is organised, because navigation is a pain, but the game is still fun.

Those of you on Twitter can follow @DL_H for updates, he usually announces new rounds there.
Love to Live, Live to Love <--- My Motto
http://ekarimbvundula.blogspot.com <--- My Blog
Follow me on:
https://twitter.com/EtherealEmber <--- My Twitter

I'm officially making it my goal in life to become a roomba. I want to be little robot. I want knives taped to me. I want to be free.
— TheMulticoloredCyr